Who wants Gary Warren to stay?

caleyboy

41 minutes ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

As far as I am concerned I have both praised and criticised the Board. My perception is that it is mainly the CJT names that are making most of the negative criticism and encouraging some others to criticise with no clear rationale or understanding of business. And just look at who has overreacted !! This forum lives on speculation, rumour and personal opinions. Long may it last. I just wish that the vultures would ignore the scraps every now and then and announce that they are not feeding on raw grizzle and advise the flock of seagulls to retreat.

That is a really unfair comment Johndo sorry. 

You need to remember that this is only one source of fan opinion and I do wonder if you are seeing this from outside Inverness? My main form of fan engagement is twitter and I can assure you a lot of the younger fans are not happy re the lack of decent social media and fan engagement frim the club. 

However this has all become far too much at the moment and I shall just keep my PERSONAL opinions re anything to do with the club to myself for now. 

Thank goodness there is football to watch today!!! 

• Disagree 1

Speaking as one of the new CJT Board (and, I would emphasise these are my personal views) I see nothing at all wrong with CJT members airing their personal views in public.  Indeed, I think it is good that they do if it stimulates debate.

CJT's purpose is described in it's rules as "to be the vehicle through which a healthy, balanced and constructive relationship between the club and its supporters and the communities it serves is encouraged and developed".  Included in the objects to achieve that purpose is the phrase " by being the democratic and representative voice of the supporters of the club".  It is difficult to see how we can do that if we do not ourselves encourage and participate in debate.

The concept of being the representative voice of the supporters is important.  Whatever our own views may be, our rules require us to be representative.  That means listening to what the supporters think and in some cases this  may mean that CJT as a Board take a formal position different from that of the majority of the  Board members. Board members are democratically accountable to the membership for their actions 

But let's not get ahead of ourselves.  The new Board has only had one meeting and the most important business there was to agree to invite the 3 people whose submissions were slightly late, on to the Board.  Two accepted and one declined.   So two of the Board members have not yet had the opportunity to attend a meeting and some of us are still to meet each other.  Despite that, Don has provided an update following the first meeting which states clearly that work has already started on getting the  2 key issues of communication channels and membership properly functional. Work is also going on to ensure the procedural side of things is consistent with good practice and above all, the law.  Only when these bits of infrastructure are properly in place can the  CJT Board be in a  position to legitimately represent the supporters.  And remember, this includes being the custodians of the precious 10+ % voting right at club level.  It is therefore very clearly in the interests of supporters who want the supporters' voice heard at club level, to support the CJT Board in getting the infrastructure properly in place and in encouraging debate.

As a new Board member who had only met one of the the other Board members before, I am really quite excited by the potential for this new Board to develop a Supporters Society with an effective and representative voice within the club.  But it can't be done overnight.  To use the vehicle analogy in CJT's purpose, I'm afraid we have inherited a vehicle that has been in a bit of a car crash.  Work is currently going on behind the scenes to do the major repairs necessary to get it through the MOT (AGM in December).  If we can achieve that, then we'll be back on the road.  Personally, I see the main role of the current CJT Board as getting the Supporters' Society (CJT) up and running again.  Where we go from there will be up to those elected at the AGM.

3 minutes ago, DoofersDad said:

Speaking as one of the new CJT Board (and, I would emphasise these are my personal views) I see nothing at all wrong with CJT members airing their personal views in public.  Indeed, I think it is good that they do if it stimulates debate.

CJT's purpose is described in it's rules as "to be the vehicle through which a healthy, balanced and constructive relationship between the club and its supporters and the communities it serves is encouraged and developed".  Included in the objects to achieve that purpose is the phrase " by being the democratic and representative voice of the supporters of the club".  It is difficult to see how we can do that if we do not ourselves encourage and participate in debate.

The concept of being the representative voice of the supporters is important.  Whatever our own views may be, our rules require us to be representative.  That means listening to what the supporters think and in some cases this  may mean that CJT as a Board take a formal position different from that of the majority of the  Board members. Board members are democratically accountable to the membership for their actions 

But let's not get ahead of ourselves.  The new Board has only had one meeting and the most important business there was to agree to invite the 3 people whose submissions were slightly late, on to the Board.  Two accepted and one declined.   So two of the Board members have not yet had the opportunity to attend a meeting and some of us are still to meet each other.  Despite that, Don has provided an update following the first meeting which states clearly that work has already started on getting the  2 key issues of communication channels and membership properly functional. Work is also going on to ensure the procedural side of things is consistent with good practice and above all, the law.  Only when these bits of infrastructure are properly in place can the  CJT Board be in a  position to legitimately represent the supporters.  And remember, this includes being the custodians of the precious 10+ % voting right at club level.  It is therefore very clearly in the interests of supporters who want the supporters' voice heard at club level, to support the CJT Board in getting the infrastructure properly in place and in encouraging debate.

As a new Board member who had only met one of the the other Board members before, I am really quite excited by the potential for this new Board to develop a Supporters Society with an effective and representative voice within the club.  But it can't be done overnight.  To use the vehicle analogy in CJT's purpose, I'm afraid we have inherited a vehicle that has been in a bit of a car crash.  Work is currently going on behind the scenes to do the major repairs necessary to get it through the MOT (AGM in December).  If we can achieve that, then we'll be back on the road.  Personally, I see the main role of the current CJT Board as getting the Supporters' Society (CJT) up and running again.  Where we go from there will be up to those elected at the AGM.

Nobody should expect too much too soon. The organisation has not been functioning properly for a very long time. There is no point in attempting to ascribe blame for that now.

The first task of the new board is to get it's domestic house in order and, after so much chaos for so long, we need to cut them some slack and allow them at least a couple of meetings to get their feet under the table before getting on with the more serious business.

There is much to do but it's important this time that it's dine properly. If that means waiting for a few months then so be it.

• Agree 3

3 hours ago, DoofersDad said:

You might want to discuss this at your next meeting! 

Nothing you say is untrue, but the concept of being a "representative" - in most Western democracies, such as our Parliaments - means that you are empowered to use your own judgement in trying to do the best for those whom you represent. You are not a delegate, sent to vote a particular way.

Yes, you should listen to the supporters, but in some cases it may be that you as a Board member, and indeed the CJT Board, may take a formal position which is different from what you believe the majority of members may want.  I can't think of a specific example, but it's quite possible that you might end up supporting, or not opposing, or not speaking against, some unpopular action taken by the ICT Board, even if the majority of members were apparently against it.

You are, as you say, democratically accountable to the membership. Just like MPs, you are empowered to take your own decisions, and if the membership don't like what you do, then they will periodically have a chance to vote you out!

I offer this as a constructive observation, as I think that it's very important for you all to achieve a common understanding of your powers and goals, and policies and strategies, before you set out on what will probably be a rocky road.

I wish you all the best of luck!

6 hours ago, old caley girl said:

That is a really unfair comment Johndo sorry. 

You need to remember that this is only one source of fan opinion and I do wonder if you are seeing this from outside Inverness? My main form of fan engagement is twitter and I can assure you a lot of the younger fans are not happy re the lack of decent social media and fan engagement frim the club. 

However this has all become far too much at the moment and I shall just keep my PERSONAL opinions re anything to do with the club to myself for now. 

Thank goodness there is football to watch today!!! 

It was a statement of my personal opinion. I never named names. But it appears that I am far from being the sole discerner. I have criticised the board as their handling of social media and fan engagement has been dire. As I alluded to they had more pressing tasks to attend to first and hopefully now that will commence. My wish was and is that CJT will provide a strong voice and this will not be a turkey shoot as it has been for some time. My concern is that divisions and personal suspicions may have developed on BOTH sides and there simply has to be more give and take. Nothing wrong with having a pop with a rationale but adding a more positive observation in there as well. 

• Agree 4