Robbo linked with Livi

johnnykanu12

Can't see it happening myself. 

Livi likely to be whipping boys in Premiership.

Uphill struggle there from the word go. 

1 hour ago, Caman said:

Can't see it happening myself. 

Livi likely to be whipping boys in Premiership.

Uphill struggle there from the word go. 

Maybe so but they are in the Premiership and, as a result, will have over a million pounds more than us to spend next season.

That said, I suspect that he will stay even if he is offered the job which itself is, in my view, unlikely.

I think he will have what happened to him last time he left us in the back of his mind. He is in a secure job with us with a squad full of potential. Agree with others when they say livi will be the brechin of the premiership this season coming. 

2 hours ago, Kingsmills said:

Maybe so but they are in the Premiership and, as a result, will have over a million pounds more than us to spend next season.

That said, I suspect that he will stay even if he is offered the job which itself is, in my view, unlikely.

I can't see it - he left us last time for Hearts, who I think would be the only club he would leave Inverness for. Once bitten, twice shy!!

He lives up here, after all too....

Would agree that Livvy wouldn't be an attractive proposition for Robbo...personally, I see it as a positive reflection on the job he did last season (atrocious start notwithstanding) & the squad he is building here, for peanuts, that he's been linked with a Premier league job!

Edited by jingsmonty
Additional text

Although it's only a rumour it would if  great if he came out with a statement early stating his intentions to stay.

Something along the lines of "although there has been no official approach from anyone I would like to confirm my immediate future is at ICTFC" or something like that just to put our minds at rest that we aren't looking for a new gaffer. 

If Robbo is interested, then it indicates the lack of respect he has for those who took him back to the club after such a long time out. Although it was an 'old pals' network that got him the role, there was significant risk with a guy out of active management for so long - and while towards the end of the season we saw positives, lets not forget the first 12 games we were honking only for the next 12 to improve by shutting up shop and preventing goals being conceded - we still weren't scoring much!!!!

With the St Mirren & Livi jobs available I'm surprised by the levels of candidates linked in the press - most of which are bigger names than Robbo but I'm assuming he he would appeal due to his ability to accept and work with small budgets plus he'd probably be cheaper option than the 'names'.

1 hour ago, bdu98196 said:

If Robbo is interested, then it indicates the lack of respect he has for those who took him back to the club after such a long time out. Although it was an 'old pals' network that got him the role, there was significant risk with a guy out of active management for so long - and while towards the end of the season we saw positives, lets not forget the first 12 games we were honking only for the next 12 to improve by shutting up shop and preventing goals being conceded - we still weren't scoring much!!!!

With the St Mirren & Livi jobs available I'm surprised by the levels of candidates linked in the press - most of which are bigger names than Robbo but I'm assuming he he would appeal due to his ability to accept and work with small budgets plus he'd probably be cheaper option than the 'names'.

I think we are reading too much into this...think the papers are on a fishing expedition, personally!

I'd be suprised if Robbo left - once bitten, twice shy & all that....maybe if Craig Levien wants him as Hearts head coach, but Robbo lives up here, for one thing...I don't see the Livvy job as being that attractive to him, to be honest.

Fair play to Livi; Rangers and Celtic have been trying to join the Premier League for years without success....if only they had known it was the prize for winning the Scottish Premiership play-offs!

• Funny 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, AlexJones said:

Wouldn't surprise me if Livi break Gretna's record for the lowest points total in the top flight. Absolutely garbage team.  

Not really. They played to their strengths and went up on merit I would say.

Different story for next season though. They will be disjointed and will be a tough job managing them. 

1 hour ago, AlexJones said:

Wouldn't surprise me if Livi break Gretna's record for the lowest points total in the top flight. Absolutely garbage team.  

Doesn't say much for the quality of teams left behind that couldn't beat them to get out of the Championship!!!!

• Agree 1

So, does the "Gary Warren" rule apply here if this rumour is true?

The club need the cash, so the board tell Robbo he should take the offer (if better) from Livingston?  He gets a better deal, we get a bit of compensation and we can replace him with 3 coaches!!

• Funny 2
  • Confused 1
  • Facepalm 1

• tm4tj locked this topic