Music for the team to run out too

Laurence

4 hours ago, Punk N Disorderly said:

Bring it on home, Bring it on home, Inverness Caledonian Thistle... ?

You mean this one ? (extended mix)

I would go with a clip from the faster paced portion of Wolfstone's - 'Battle'  or maybe ask one of our own members here to re-mix his cup final song !

If something 'local' is considered 'twee' then how about 'heroes' by Bowie or a little respect by Erasure, both of which are in this video

Or maybe 'Miserlou' by Dick Dale and his Deltones :cool:

as for the original suggestion .... no, no, no, no, no ..... NO !

• Agree 1

We might struggle for local?  Depends how tenuous you want it.  JK lives in Gairloch, Edwyn Collins in Golspie?  Agree, drop Titanium and all that tosh, go with something punchy and Scottish.  Despite the obv Pars connection, Skids and Big Country for me!

I think this is a case in point (however incidental it may appear for others) for how more fan engagement or fan voice in the club could be realised while still recognising the many behind-the-scenes things that the club has to get right (things that are only visible if things go awry such as disciplinary records, health & safety etc.).  

Things like music shouldn't be top-down or arbitrary but as a result of a process decided buy the many and perhaps adjusted season by season in lieu of a fixed preference.   

Laurence's original suggestion would perhaps give us the edge in the first two mins of games as it would throw the opposition.  I'm not sure what tune would work.  Local would be good or if not one that had some relevance to the locale or team....

Sean Connery narrating Highlander:  "From the dawn of time we came, moving silently down through the centuries, living many secret lives, struggling to reach the time of the gathering, when the few who remain will battle to the last.  No-one has ever known we were among you...until now" - - - and then Queen's 'Princes of the Universe' (or another Queen song).  ?   

Edited by Glover
grammar
  • Agree 1

With royalties no doubt we could only afford a supporter rendering 'Give me a C, ...down to 'E' at the end of Thistle....unless Dougie would waive his royalties to us playing ' But let me tell you that I love you, that I think about you all the time, Caledonia you're calling me to win our games at home' and when we score 'Caledonia's been everything I've ever had'

Iron Maiden - The Clansman

Below are the lyrics of the first verse. 

"The Clansman"

Wake alone in the hills
With the wind in your face
It feels good to be proud
And be free and a race
That is part of a clan
And to live on highlands
And the air that you breathe
So pure and so clean
Edited by Guest
Lyrics added

Whatever happened to the big guy in the questionable shirts? His music and patter wasn't really my thing, but he engaged with the crowd and provided a bit of entertainment.  The music in the past couple of seasons has been very drole and it feels like we're just tuning in to hospital radio.

18 minutes ago, Buster said:

Whatever happened to the big guy in the questionable shirts? His music and patter wasn't really my thing, but he engaged with the crowd and provided a bit of entertainment.  The music in the past couple of seasons has been very drole and it feels like we're just tuning in to hospital radio.

He's moved on to questionable hats ... but still drones on :wink:

• Funny 2

At TFC they use AC/DC "Hell's Bells" which has that malevolent instrumental track underpinning it all the way through. works really well and fires up the crowd to commence the (verbal) battle with the opposition.  A similarly hard rock tune might work well for ICT ... Thunderstruck perhaps, or for some fan's maybe Black Sabbath's 'Paranoid' or Ozzy doing 'Crazy Train' !  To stick with the heavy rock theme ... Rainbow 'All Night Long' or maybe someone else ....... ? 

I do have to say I kind of like the concept of the Sean Connery voiceover preceding an appropriate song .... not sure we could get permission from either Connery or Queen to use it, nor might we be able to afford whatever they would ask for in payment .. but the concept is solid.  

At TFC one of the fans groups also managed to get Alan Frew from Glass Tiger to re-record 'My Town' at the end of their first season, replacing a lot of the Rod Stewart bits with TFC related stuff .... I liked it but it kind of died off in popularity after the first few years. I resurrected it on my iPhone last year for the cup final though ?

The club, now we have Commercial Director, Commercial manager and a marketing CEO need to be experimenting and trying new things, staying still isn’t an option.  This would be a very intriguing trial to get fans engaged.  Rightly, things like the Golden ticket and community events with school age children are to be applauded but there’s still a lot to be done in terms of adult season ticket and floating fan outreach.  Fans are worth 300k-800k a year and such ‘clients’ are the bread and butter of Dalgarno, Crook and Oliver.  

We are also heading into 25th anniversary territory so we should be setting the bar high.

1 hour ago, Caman said:

Iron Maiden - The Clansman

Below are the lyrics of the first verse. 

"The Clansman"

Wake alone in the hills
With the wind in your face
It feels good to be proud
And be free and a race
That is part of a clan
And to live on highlands
And the air that you breathe
So pure and so clean

Until 2:20 or so the team would have to remain in the tunnel (or wherever) but I like it!  It’s got enough pep, after 2:20, and would be unique to the club and is relevant (and we would pick up more SNP-oriented fans).  That has my vote thus far. 

Though I would still have Sean and Queen myself - but AC/DC is good too.  If we keep testing the waters why not start a poll?  That would be one way to start the 25th anniversary with a quasi-official anthem or anthems.

15 minutes ago, DoofersDad said:

Before we have an agreed song for the team to run out to, it would be useful to have a PA system that allowed us all to hear it properly.

It improved dramatically last season, certainly where I sit.