Music for the team to run out too

Laurence

10 hours ago, CaleyD said:

I got a police warning once for playing tunes intended to wind up Ross County fans ?‍♂️

That must have been the Cher song, about the girl who was born in the wagon of a travelling show. I think we beat County 3-1 in a Friday night game live on tv about 5 or 6 years ago. I did think at the time that (the) DJ would get into trouble for that.

7 hours ago, Row S said:

That must have been the Cher song, about the girl who was born in the wagon of a travelling show. I think we beat County 3-1 in a Friday night game live on tv about 5 or 6 years ago. I did think at the time that (the) DJ would get into trouble for that.

It wasn't. I did have a bit of an ongoing debate with them about my use of songs referencing caravans and related matters...so I moved on to songs referencing shadows...but the song that resulted in my warning was "Another One Bites the Dust" ?

Back at the end of the 60s, I played the records at Kingsmills for a couple of seasons.  A regular was the "Dam Busters March" by the Central Band of the RAF.   (Not exactly in tune with the zeitgeist, I know....)

It was a 7 inch single, so one day I flipped it over and played the B-side - the RAF band doing the old tune "Lilliburlero".

After a minute or so, someone came hastily into the small room where the record player and PA were, and said "You can't play that!  It's an anti-Catholic song!".

News to me. My reply was "You're probably the only person in the ground who knows that".

Mind you, from the after-match sing-songs on the team bus I learned that there was a Catholic version of "The Sash", so that reply might not have been accurate.

And now back to your regularly scheduled programming...

• 2 weeks later...

Anything post-1979 I have trouble with.  But this is not bad tbf- ‘I can make your hands clap’ (do-doo-doo-doo-doo) and repeat.

BBC just had a rather tepid article on football songs that have sentence or two altered and used by clubs.  ‘A player is on fire’ etc.  We could have ‘Austin makes our hands clap’.  

Anyway better than the official song for the WC...

On ‎6‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 9:55 PM, Glover said:

Celtic have Rod Stewart, Hibs have Reid twins, Watford Elton John, who is Inverness's 'artist in residence'?

There are some very talented singers in Gunnies.

On 6/15/2018 at 3:27 PM, Scotty said:

My son suggests this one ! 

Well, that's certainly not what I expected. The only song I've got by them on my iTunes is more like a soul number.

• Agree 1

On 6/29/2018 at 9:10 PM, TheMantis said:

Well, that's certainly not what I expected. The only song I've got by them on my iTunes is more like a soul number.

I think that would be great but would anybody clap.

Maybe as a meme after a goal.