Pre-season Friendlies Roll Call

old caley girl

The penalty at Keith was stonewall and I have to say very confidently hit. Great to see a Caley player actually putting their foot through the ball rather than trying to be *cough Vigurs* too cute *cough Vigurs* and missing *cough cough VIGURS*. Sorry I think my sore throat is playing up.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mcdonnell761 said:

The penalty at Keith was stonewall and I have to say very confidently hit. Great to see a Caley player actually putting their foot through the ball rather than trying to be *cough Vigurs* too cute *cough Vigurs* and missing *cough cough VIGURS*. Sorry I think my sore throat is playing up.

The last Caley player I saw take a penalty was Billy Urqhart. To be fair, as I recall, he struck it well.

• Funny 1

I went to the Rothes game. Decent Caley performance, given it’s the second preseason game, against a pretty strong Rothes team. Rothes still had players on holiday, so only two on their bench and Daniel Hoban played in goal for Rothes. 

Carl Trenarco was good, and George Oakley put in a good shift. Aaron Doran was in the game quite a bit, and Daniel MacKay was full of running. 

Several familiar faces in the Rothes’ ranks: Jamie Duff at CB, recent Caley U20’s Ally Stark playing centre mid, and Jamie Wilson also played the whole game for Rothes. A passing team - they never panicked, very few long balls other than some long diagonal passes that gave the Caley defence some trouble.

Rothes could have won it at the end - the impressive Rothes forward beat the full back, rounded Cammy MacKay - and missed an open goal. 

Good trip, good evening, donations rather than a set entrance fee, and a warm welcome - including from the midgies. I love pre-season. Everything is still possible. 

• Agree 1

17 hours ago, Garrincha said:

Several familiar faces in the Rothes’ ranks: Jamie Duff at CB, recent Caley U20’s Ally Stark playing centre mid, and Jamie Wilson also played the whole game for Rothes. A passing team - they never panicked, very few long balls other than some long diagonal passes that gave the Caley defence some trouble.

Surprised Jamie has left Brora - saw him a couple of times last year and he looked very composed at the back. Still only 29. Any sign of Dale Gillespie or Scott Davidson (Roddie’s son)?