Next season expectations

Alan Simpson

18 minutes ago, Alan Simpson said:

I totally expect us to be pushing for the title and to retain the irn bru cup anything other than that would be a disaster in my eyes COYC!

While it might be disappointing, I fail to see how failing to retain the Irn Bru Cup could ever be remotely classed as a disaster.

• Agree 1

Oh well, I think that Alan Simpson is just hoping for the best for this club right through the season.

But, if they win promotion, that is by far the real goal of this coming season which, if successful, will be more than enough to prove the point that ICT are BACK IN THE GROOVE......?...eh?

We need a decent start, stay at or near the top, and be competitive so that we are in the hunt come April.

It will be a tough league, but I am hopeful.

A good cup run or two or three will be nice too!

38 minutes ago, Alan Simpson said:

I totally expect us to be skooshing the title by a record 108 points and entering the Europa League by regaining the Scottish Cup anything other than that would be a disaster in my eyes COYC!

FTFY

• Funny 2

I expect top 4 minimum and promotion.

League cup decent run would help early season form and get everyone to gel

Irn bru cup I see as a distraction and much like the Scottish cup while a long run would be great we need to avoid fixture congestion and tired players as we really need to expect play-offs and the games and demands that brings.

League - 3rd place.

Scottish Cup - As good a run as we can.

League Cup - Same as Scottish Cup.

Irn Bru Cup - Blood youngsters. Least important competition this season. 

In my opinion, a play off place is achievable,  if we get off to a good start, and not have to play catch up the rest of the season like last term, and as long as we beat the teams we are supposed to be better than in the cups, that would be an acceptable season to me, anything better would be a bonus.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Stirling Observer said:

Same as every season. Players to give 100%

Same for me.  And also for the manager to continue with a positive and attractive style of play.

Where this takes us is anybody's guess.  We have a small squad and regardless of how good they are and how well they gel together as a team, all of that can be turned on its head with a bad run of injuries.  We have seen before how we have struggled with 4 or 5 regulars missing but also how we can go on decent runs when able to field most of the first choice 11.  Our success also depends on the squads and fortunes of the other teams last year.  Every year this division finds one or two teams doing better than expected and others less well.  

One hope (rather than an expectation) is that Aaron Doran gets back to his best.  After his horrific injury he has put in a lot of really hard work to get himself back in the side but he has yet to show the same speed and sharpness that he did before.  He's still young though and maybe a combination of continued recovery and experience will  help him become a really effective player at this level.  I think the lad deserves some success and I think the club deserve it too for the support they have given him and the faith shown to give him a new contract.  Fingers crossed.

• Agree 1

Play-off place should be within our grasp and we should feel disappointed if we don't get that far. 9 points from the opening 3 games looks achievable and then let's see where a good start takes us. Not too bothered about any of the cups next season although I do think our Irn-Bru run did help the lads out of the doldrums last year. A cup run can put extra pressure on limited resources but it does wonders for confidence and momentum.

• Agree 1

JR must start with, and then keep,  a strong defence. That will  make very difficult for anyone to beat us.

THEN we can forge ahead and win the title. I am not kidding - look at the way we surged ahead in the final stages of the season. Unbeatable almost!

And I feel that our team for this season is stronger than that of last season,  so …...

Second half of last season we were by far the best team in the league if we can start the same this season and maintain that level of consistency then I'd see no reason why we can't push for the title. Why are people so afraid of the so called bigger name clubs in this league like Dundee utd etc? I'll happily give up retaining the irn Bru cup for winning promotion.

• Agree 2

Realistically, if we don't want to see any more cuts at the club next season, we simply have to get promoted back to the top tier. Another season down here and who knows what might happen. Sadly, if we are to do it, I am not sure we could do it as winners but I am hopeful that we can get 4th place at least. 

3 hours ago, RiG said:

Realistically, if we don't want to see any more cuts at the club next season, we simply have to get promoted back to the top tier. Another season down here and who knows what might happen. Sadly, if we are to do it, I am not sure we could do it as winners but I am hopeful that we can get 4th place at least. 

I agree. If we don't get promoted next season then, with further cuts and the loss of the parachute payment, it will become increasingly difficult.

One reason why it's imperative that we get of to a decent start rather than playing catch up as we were doing for virtually the whole of last season.

Moray Jaggie is on the ball with his above post.  Why worry about what the opposition is doing. We have to concentrate on forging ahead.

Other clubs have also not had their worries to seek as well. We are not alone when adversity strikes. But it's how we react to that situation that is crucial.. It's about attitude....keep a positive attitude and concentrate on succeeding.  Upward and onward.

(Exc. cups, solidarity) Prize money was: £1m + 300k parachute end of 16/17 season.  End of 17/18 season 230k + 125k parachute.   Another season in Championship would be  230k-450k (5th to 2nd) end of this season.  Correct the figures if wrong.

Even 2nd would more than be swallowed up by player wages, and then non-playing staff wage costs eclipsing season ticket revenue and then some.  Have to be promotion, one way or the other, another season in the Championship would need another of the previous outside investor injection or a move to part time.  

As I have said many times before, the biggest investor we could have would be 1000 extra fans each week but they will just not attend, or regularly at least. In the long term, this makes the task of getting promoted much harder for us than some other teams in this league with greater support. Over to you fellow Invernessians.

• Agree 1

What appeal is there currently at TCS for the extra 1000 extra fans to attend the board last season asked and were told whatever needed but nothing has been done. We still have to walk through muddy puddles at half time to use a portakabin toilet with over priced poor quality fare admittedly there was some improvement towards the end of last season but nothing to get bums on seats. Engage with youth groups with free tickets and if parents want to attend half price for them or buy one ticket get a mate half price or like a combo deal ticket pie and drink for a set price with a discount on walk up prices. Discounts for buy in advance or a loyalty system at the pie shops like buy 6 hot drinks get 7th free. It's not hard to get folk engaged there has just been a lack of want or desire from the board or comemercial staff to do this. Mc Ewan Fraser Legal did more giving away hospitality tables as a competition on social media. Again here discounts for multiple matches bought in hospitality create revenue. Not hard.

Just now, MorayJaggie said:

What appeal is there currently at TCS for the extra 1000 extra fans to attend the board last season asked and were told whatever needed but nothing has been done. We still have to walk through muddy puddles at half time to use a portakabin toilet with over priced poor quality fare admittedly there was some improvement towards the end of last season but nothing to get bums on seats. Engage with youth groups with free tickets and if parents want to attend half price for them or buy one ticket get a mate half price or like a combo deal ticket pie and drink for a set price with a discount on walk up prices. Discounts for buy in advance or a loyalty system at the pie shops like buy 6 hot drinks get 7th free. It's not hard to get folk engaged there has just been a lack of want or desire from the board or comemercial staff to do this. Mc Ewan Fraser Legal did more giving away hospitality tables as a competition on social media. Again here discounts for multiple matches bought in hospitality create revenue. Not hard.

I do think the club could do a lot to gey the basics right with very little outlay. 

The sports bar annoys me. If you use it you then have to climb up and down through main stand to reach north stand. The bar closes prematch at different times too with the excuse being we need to reach our seats safely...lol Little things that just annoy regular customers that could easily be avoided imho. 

PS Hoping this is read as constructive criticism as I have intended it to be.