Next season expectations

Alan Simpson

At the season ticket holders meeting with the chairman at the beginning of last season, he talked about improving the match day experience for the supporters, so what has changed? The only thing I can see is the shop, and that hasn't enhanced the match day experience. 

Club shop and Golden Ticket are initiatives aimed at season ticket holders with kids who will probably be the most valuable spenders.   The club is somewhat hampered by the Scottish alcohol laws at stadiums, the distance and the lack of public transport route and indeed, a route.  But at a small club it is possible to have 'hospitality-lite' where a second sports bar 'corporate area' could be possible. 

There does need to be a rethink/dynamism about getting more people in, for longer and spending more as a result of having a thoroughly good time.  

• Agree 1

Why would a relatively disinterested fan base want to help the Board at all? It does sound as if additional entertainment could be introduced, at least for the kids,, at half time to entertain the families in the area. 

Haven't got a clue myself, but what about a slide for the kids --they climb up a small flight of stairs and slide down.  Where would  they put it, or them? If it is sectional what about right in front of the stadium at half time together with a wee fence between it and the road for the safety of the kids from the traffic. Daft? Why? Has anyone EVER tried it? this Board MUST think of something, or somethings,  original and show the Inverness public that they are really interested in the customers' experience(s). The product on display is currently insufficient to induce a full house so add to the fare on offer I say.

If the great unwashed public don't want to come to see the football then it's either the prices are too high, or the overall entertainment value for them is not worth the effort. Their family is very important to the fans and attempting to provide something different and special for the weans seems to me to be a no- brainer. How about a wee  race round the pitch for different ages for the kids with a decent prize at the end of it for the winner of each race. That will bring in the future fans with the possibility that the dads and mums will be impressed by the atmosphere and get quite a kick out of the whole affair. PLUS the winning kids might like to  get involved with the team and turn into great future prospects.Why not?--- You just cannot pooh,pooh, anything until you try !

Jeez! The club has to do SOMETHING to stir the interest in the  town and if they don't show,  at the very least, some enthusiasm and gumption with ideas that they are willing to try out to entertain and attract the public then what do you all think yourself ? If the ideas can flow on here then present them to the Management of the club and offer to assist them in bringing it all together. ANYTHING, ladies and gentlemen is far better than doing NOTHING!

Positive comments welcome....:twothumbsup:

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Scarlet Pimple said:

Why would a relatively disinterested fan base want to help the Board at all? It does sound as if additional entertainment could be introduced, at least for the kids,, at half time to entertain the families in the area. 

Haven't got a clue myself, but what about a slide for the kids --they climb up a small flight of stairs and slide down.  Where would  they put it, or them? If it is sectional what about right in front of the stadium at half time together with a wee fence between it and the road for the safety of the kids from the traffic. Daft? Why? Has anyone EVER tried it? this Board MUST think of something, or somethings,  original and show the Inverness public that they are really interested in the customers' experience(s). The product on display is currently insufficient to induce a full house so add to the fare on offer I say.

If the great unwashed public don't want to come to see the football then it's either the prices are too high, or the overall entertainment value for them is not worth the effort. Their family is very important to the fans and attempting to provide something different and special for the weans seems to me to be a no- brainer. How about a wee  race round the pitch for different ages for the kids with a decent prize at the end of it for the winner of each race. That will bring in the future fans with the possibility that the dads and mums will be impressed by the atmosphere and get quite a kick out of the whole affair. PLUS the winning kids might like to  get involved with the team and turn into great future prospects.Why not?--- You just cannot pooh,pooh, anything until you try !

Jeez! The club has to do SOMETHING to stir the interest in the  town and if they don't show,  at the very least, some enthusiasm and gumption with ideas that they are willing to try out to entertain and attract the public then what do you all think yourself ? If the ideas can flow on here then present them to the Management of the club and offer to assist them in bringing it all together. ANYTHING, ladies and gentlemen is far better than doing NOTHING!

Positive comments welcome....:twothumbsup:

think it's time to get back to the rocking chair and get that pipe going sp. ?

OCH! and OCH! again. :lol:

Jock, good to see that you are not wholly satisfied with the rocking chair. What can you do with them thar younger fellas that make fun of our older, MORE EXPERIENCED, members  eh? 

O.K back to the pipe and hiking boots then. Sniff.

I don't care about what I can eat or if I have to walk through puddles or if the tannoy is ****. I fell in love with Ict and that's that. If fans are persuaded by this type of thing then it's maybe better they stay at home and watch the EPL. The club should be hammering the schools to ensure that the next generation doesn't fuss over 'match day experience' and has passion for the club and the ups and downs that that will bring.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2
  • Disagree 3

Caley need to get the proper young fans interested then the dads will follow read a few years ago how St Mirren were giving packs with club motif bibs etc to newborns in the hospital amongst other projects i.e. Free tickets to schoolies with accompanying adult gotta think cradle to grave supporters ! Make the match day more razzmatazz like an American team cheerleaders ball boys waving club flags!

• Agree 3