That's the friendlies out the way. Saturday sees the start of the new season.

Wonder what the starting line up will be?

53 minutes ago, Caman said:

I would like to see the squad numbers before Saturday.

I would like to revert to the starting XI being numbered one to eleven with the subs following in sequence. Then again, I am an old curmudgeon.

• Agree 1

Ticket purchased and added to my season card no problem. Excited :smile:

10 hours ago, bughtmaster said:

I would like to see the squad numbers before Saturday.

I agree. Time this was shared with us so we know. 

1 hour ago, Kingsmills said:

I would like to revert to the starting XI being numbered one to eleven with the subs following in sequence. Then again, I am an old curmudgeon.

I agree every game being the same but only different players get to challenge for the number.

Nowadays it can be down to the choice of the player what number they get so in reality its not as relevant as in the past which number is on the shirt.

Edited by Gregor

12 hours ago, Caman said:

Good situation from the friendlies we have scored 31 goals and around 14 different players have scored.

Hope we can carry this form into competitive games.

Somewhat surprised there hasn't been any kind of promotion of this game from the club on social media. No info on prices either as far as I can tell? :furtive:

1 minute ago, RiG said:

Somewhat surprised there hasn't been any kind of promotion of this game from the club on social media. No info on prices either as far as I can tell? :furtive:

Disappointing but, considering how poor and sometimes non existent communication has been, surely no surprise.

45 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

Disappointing but, considering how poor and sometimes non existent communication has been, surely no surprise.

Prices are on eTicketing site. £10 and £5

I nearly forgot that the match against Cove was coming around so fast, it was only when the Aberdeen game was cancelled that I realised that the next gsme up was the League Cup. Surely if the club want more folk to attend they should be promoting it more, especially as it's the first competitive match of the new season. We got our tickets £10.

• Agree 2

I reckon it'll be a much tougher game than many will think. Cove have spent a 5 figure fee on bringing Blair Yule back from Arbroath and have resigned Megginson for the season - both have the ability to play in the Championship IMO. 

I might be in the away end (which I assume is still in the main stand) as my pal's brother in law is the Cove goalkeeper, so there's talk of a group heading through 😩

i'm heading up solo for this one but looking forward to competitive football again 

5 hours ago, RiG said:

This.

Although if you go onto the website you can buy a ticket. Prices seem to be £10/£5.  My first game in a while as for once I've managed to time a holiday home with a home match.

2 hours ago, RossP said:

I reckon it'll be a much tougher game than many will think. Cove have spent a 5 figure fee on bringing Blair Yule back from Arbroath and have resigned Megginson for the season - both have the ability to play in the Championship IMO. 

I might be in the away end (which I assume is still in the main stand) as my pal's brother in law is the Cove goalkeeper, so there's talk of a group heading through 😩

Absolutely. Cove will be a different proposition to any of the Highland League teams we have faced so far. No room for complacency at all. We really need to start building up early momentum very quickly. It took until two thirds of the way into the season to do so last year and we can't afford that again.

• Agree 1

Ridgers

McKay  Donaldson  McCart  Tremarco

Polly  Chalmers

Doran  Oakley  Walsh

Austin

Hoban, D.McKay, Elbouzhedi, Trafford, Rooney, White

The Circus is in town.  From the announcement on the club's website it appears that the away car park should be available but it only refers to  "limited" parking spaces being available.  It would  be helpful if the club could be more specific about this and perhaps reassure those with mobility issues that there will be sufficient accessible parking for them.  I doubt that the circus just turned up unexpectedly today, so it would also have been helpful if the club could have provided this information a bit earlier.  Communication, communication, communication.

• Agree 2

Business, Business, Business - I would suspect that hosting the Legendary Moscow Circus would have brought in some much needed pennies plus the buses are a great idea and may even improve the crowd. I would suspect that there will be a number travelling from Fitlikeland. The Circus has been advertised for some time so no shock there. People will be worried about a clash with the England game next !

• Funny 1

Ticket sales not great for tomorrow I believe. Apparently there's something on the telly at 3pm tomorrow?  🤣

No contest for me. I will be at the Longman to watch the first competitive match of the season in the sunshine rather than sitting inside watching a contrived play off match that neither side is much bothered about winning.

• Agree 2

6 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

No contest for me. I will be at the Longman to watch the first competitive match of the season in the sunshine rather than sitting inside watching a contrived play off match that neither side is much bothered about winning.

Not a fan of tennis then?