Caman

Liam Polworth

Polly was a bit out of sorts today I must admit. But he did get his usual assist to his credit. 

I won't mention the 1st half free kick that bounced off a passing easyjet plane (oops I just did). 😀

• Funny 1

32 minutes ago, Caman said:

Polly was a bit out of sorts today I must admit. But he did get his usual assist to his credit. 

I won't mentioit the 1st half free kick that bounced off a passing easyjet plane (oops I just did). 😀

He just needs to play a simpler game, make the right pass and keep getting those assists, but that free kick had to be seen to be believed, It wouldn't have looked out of place at Murrayfield.

Yeah, like most of the players he was very slack with passes today,  I would sincerely hope that this just rustiness, but this brings me to mention pre season games vs Highland league opposition, To be fair most of them will not provide much of a test which could be a reason for our slow start to the season.

24 minutes ago, Jaggernaut said:

that free kick had to be seen to be believed, It wouldn't have looked out of place at Murrayfield.

My wife was in Simpsons garden centre.  She said there was panic when a football suddenly landed in the bedding plants. :tongueincheek:

• Funny 2

7 minutes ago, DoofersDad said:

My wife was in Simpsons garden centre.  She said there was panic when a football suddenly landed in the bedding plants. :tongueincheek:

What was she doing in Aberdeen ? 😑

14 hours ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

polly.jpg

If I have this right, that was County 0 Caley 3, I really enjoyed sitting on my hands as I was with home fans.... lol.. that said, Draper's celebration if his goal was epic that day too and where is he now??

Seriously, we need to hold onto Polly. He gets stick, sometimes deserved but normally undeserved. He has great vision and can create chances in a flash.

We missed Vigurs today in my opinion, we can't afford to lose Polly too.

Edited by Robert

Interesting!

Polly  took my eye as a youngster when he was first introduced into the team. I respected and admired his determination and drive. 

Haven't seen him lately of course but  it looks as if his technical ability is still good and I wholly agree that if he accrued more support he would , and could, be a dynamic player. Enthusiasm and determination is vital to success and, instead of crucifying Mr. P,  I suggest you all get behind him 100% and shout and show encouragement.

Cheers from the Wild West...….

I watched and listened from the main stand to peoples reaction to failed runs and wayward passes, and it was Polworth who got it in the neck if he made a mistake, while others who did the same thing seemed to escape criticism. I said on here in the past that one of the highlights for me last season was the combination play between Vigures and Polworth, well that was missing today for obvious reasons, and we need to find a player who can fill that roll, and from what I have seen pre season, we don't have him yet. I hope that as the season rolls on, Polworths worth shines through as his assists for goals tots up, he had another assist yesterday, and he can become a very influential midfielder for ICT.

13 hours ago, Jaggernaut said:

I watched and listened from the main stand to peoples reaction to failed runs and wayward passes, and it was Polworth who got it in the neck if he made a mistake, while others who did the same thing seemed to escape criticism. 

That about sums it up. Its obvious the "fans" don't like him so expect him to take the first ticket out of TCS and who could blame him? 

1 hour ago, AncientMariner said:

That about sums it up. Its obvious the "fans" don't like him so expect him to take the first ticket out of TCS and who could blame him? 

Disagree....I think the opposite is true and fans hold him in very high regard.

It appears that expectations are high and the disappointment/frustration of him not achieving what many believe he is capable of has started to manifest itself in a negative narrative.

Polworth shouldn't (and I have never seen anything to suggest he does) use that as an excuse for anything and I don't think anyone on here has the right to use it as an excuse for anything on his behalf either.

• Agree 2

3 hours ago, CaleyD said:

has started to manifest itself in a negative narrative.

Started? You haven't been to many games in the last two seasons then?

3 hours ago, CaleyD said:

Polworth shouldn't (and I have never seen anything to suggest he does) use that as an excuse for anything and I don't think anyone on here has the right to use it as an excuse for anything on his behalf either.

Your sanctimony has been noted. ☺️

Polworth yesterday was constantly making himself available to the defence to get the ball played into him but they looked happier playing it out wide. He was continuously getting back to help the defence and running up through midfield to create space for passes. You could hear him communicating to others. It's the first game of the season long way to go rustiness to rub off I think he will be influential in midfield and be a huge asset and supply Oakley, Austin, McKay and Walsh with the balls they need to score. I suggest we all forget the negativity and see this season as a fresh team fresh start and push to get back to the premiership 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

Polworth is a good player what he needs to do is stop dropping his shoulders and huffing and puffing when things don't go for him give himself shake and get on with it. He shows his feelings to often which his opponents  can use. So come on Polly you are going to be the main man so lead by example

this really is going nowhere. i wish someone would close it and let the boy get on with his game and hope he learns how to react when things dont go his way. 

Edited by caleyboy
  • Agree 1

On 7/13/2018 at 1:11 PM, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

Have to only add that WHY are so many anti feckin Polly - He is one of our own - and he is usually one of the better players but one that when he makes a mistake the vultures jump on it and on him. What a player he would be if he had the crowd behind him and applauding the majority of positives instead of the minority of negatives.

We are happy to have sponsored him here on CTO since well before he broke into the first team as a regular !! Before that we sponsored Grant Munro during his whole career at the club and have continued to do the same for Polly since Grant left the club. Hoping we can sponsor LP for a few more seasons !!  

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Scotty said:

We are happy to have sponsored him here on CTO since well before he broke into the first team as a regular !! Before that we sponsored Grant Munro during his whole career at the club and have continued to do the same for Polly since Grant left the club. Hoping we can sponsor LP for a few more seasons !!  

That, in itself, shows that the perception that everyone is against him is a bit of a misreading of the situation.  Couldn't see so many people throwing cash in the pot to support a player they dislike!