Caledonian FC and Inverness Thistle stats

bmills

15 hours ago, bmills said:

Tried downloading the Airdrie goals from the nostalgia page but it downloads as a .mov and says cannot play video due to invalid file format.

Don't do that. Those movies are tiny and go back to the days of dialup. I have it somewhere though.

• 2 months later...
On 7/13/2018 at 7:05 PM, CaleyD said:

@Scotty  and I might have a little project in the pipeline that could cater for this.  Will check with him when he gets back from holiday.

Can we have an update or has this project being binned

At times CTO reminds me of the people’s front of Judea lots of talk and meetings about meetings 

Dougal

still in the pipeline but unless you want to front up the cash for this we all have mortgages to pay and families to feed.

Edit - you react as 'confused' dougal .... let me try to explain in with as few syllables as possible :   it takes time to set up, it takes time to get the data, it takes time to enter that data. A LOT of time. As we all have real lives to live and real obligations outside of this bubble then it will get done as and when/where time permits unless someone wants to pay us to take a sabbatical from our real jobs to speed things up .... therefore its still in our plans but no timeline is set.    

Edited by Scotty
trying to help dougal be less confused
  • Confused 1

• 7 months later...

Inverness Thistle 1993-94

Is anybody able to put scores, scorers and venues to these games for Inverness Thistle 1993-94.

Can only find list of games played but without the results.  I've filled in what I can from old programmes. 

4.8.93 Ross County HL Cup

7.8.93 Peterhead

14.8.93 (H) Keith

28.8.93 Rothes

4.9.93 (H) Caledonian Q Cup  W 2-0 Callum MacLean, Watt

7.9.93 (H) Fort William   D 0-0

11.9.93 (H) Cove Rangers  D 1-1 Stevenson

18.9.93 (H) Clachnacuddin L 1-2 Davidson

25.9.93 Deveronvale Q Cup

29.9.93 Brora Rangers

2.10.93 Deveronvale Q Cup Replay

9.10.93 (a) Ross County Q Cup

12.10.93 (a) Deveronvale

16.10.93 (H) Ross County Q Cup Replay   L 1-4

23.10.93 Forres Mechs

30.10.93 (a) Huntly   L 2-4

2.11.93 (a) Brora Rangers HOE Cup   W 3-2

6.11.93 (a) Lossiemouth

13.11.93 Nairn County

16.11.93 (a) Ross County HOE Cup   W 6-3

20.11.93 Buckie Thistle

30.11.93 Clachnacuddin HOE Cup Final   W 1-0 Polworth

4.12.93 Forres Mechs

18.12.93 Peterhead 

15.1.94 (H) Clachnacuddin NOS Cup   L 0-2

5.2.94 Rothes

12.2.94 Fraserburgh 

19.2.94 (a) Clachnacuddin

2.3.94 Brora Rangers

5.3.94 (H) Caledonian   L 1-2 MacPhee

12.3.94 (a) Elgin City

19.3.94 Fraserburgh 

22.3.94 Ross County

2.4.94 Nairn County

9.4.94 Buckie Thistle

13.4.94 (H) Deveronvale   W 5-0

16.4.94 (a) Cove Rangers

20.4.94 (H) Elgin City   D 0-0

23.4.94 (a) Fort William   W 2-1 Moir, Polworth

30.4.94 (H) Huntly  L 1-4

2.5.94 Ross County

7.5.94 (a) Keith  L 1-2 Bremner

11.5.94 (a) Caledonian   L 0-1

14.5.94 (H) Lossiemouth  L 0-2

Edited by bmills

4 hours ago, bmills said:

Inverness Thistle 1993-94

Is anybody able to put scores, scorers and venues to these games for Inverness Thistle 1993-94.

Can only find list of games played but without the results.  I've filled in what I can from old programmes. 

4.8.93 Ross County HL Cup (H) 1-4  Watt

7.8.93 Peterhead (A) 4-2  Bremner, Polworth

14.8.93 (H) Keith 3-1  Calum MacLean 2, Watt

28.8.93 Rothes (A) 3-3  Calum MacLean, Polworth 2

4.9.93 (H) Caledonian Q Cup  W 2-0 Callum MacLean, Watt

7.9.93 (H) Fort William   D 0-0

11.9.93 (H) Cove Rangers  D 1-1 Stevenson

18.9.93 (H) Clachnacuddin L 1-2 Davidson

25.9.93 Deveronvale Q Cup (A) 2-2  Polworth, Calum MacLean

29.9.93 Brora Rangers (A) 0-0

2.10.93 Deveronvale Q Cup Replay (H) 6-1  Polworth 2, Milroy 2, Tommy MacDonald 2

9.10.93 (a) Ross County Q Cup (a) 1-1  Polworth

12.10.93 (a) Deveronvale 1-1  Watt

16.10.93 (H) Ross County Q Cup Replay   L 1-4  Calum MacLean

23.10.93 Forres Mechs (H) 2-3  Stevenson, Calum MacLean

30.10.93 (a) Huntly   L 4-2  Polworth,  Calum MacLean

2.11.93 (a) Brora Rangers HOE Cup   W 3-2  Watt, Davidson, Ray McLean

6.11.93 (a) Lossiemouth 3-2  Calum MacLean, Polworth

13.11.93 Nairn County (H) 2-0 Polworth 2

16.11.93 (a) Ross County HOE Cup   W 6-3  Watt, Polworth 3, Milroy, Tommy MacDonald

20.11.93 Buckie Thistle (A) 2-2  Polworth, Masson

30.11.93 Clachnacuddin HOE Cup Final   W 1-0 Polworth

4.12.93 Forres Mechs (A) 3-0

18.12.93 Peterhead  (H) 0-0

15.1.94 (H) Clachnacuddin NOS Cup   L 0-2

5.2.94 Rothes (H)  1-1 Davidson

12.2.94 Fraserburgh  (H) 0-1

19.2.94 (a) Clachnacuddin 2-0

2.3.94 Brora Rangers (H) 0-2

5.3.94 (H) Caledonian   L 1-2 MacPhee

12.3.94 (a) Elgin City 0-1 Polworth

19.3.94 Fraserburgh  (A) 5-0

22.3.94 Ross County (A) 4-2  Polworth, Bremner

2.4.94 Nairn County (A) 0-3 MacLaughlan,Billy Wilson, Moir

9.4.94 Buckie Thistle (H) 1-3 Polworth

13.4.94 (H) Deveronvale   W 5-0 Polworth 2, Bremner, Moir 2

16.4.94 (a) Cove Rangers 3-0

20.4.94 (H) Elgin City   D 0-0

23.4.94 (a) Fort William   W 2-1 Moir, Polworth

30.4.94 (H) Huntly  L 1-4  Polworth

2.5.94 Ross County (H) 0-2

7.5.94 (a) Keith  L 1-2 Bremner

11.5.94 (a) Caledonian   L 0-1

14.5.94 (H) Lossiemouth  L 0-2

I hope these stats help with your project. If you need anymore Info, team lines, just let me know. All the best

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jaggernaut said:

I hope these stats help with your project. If you need anymore Info, team lines, just let me know. All the best

Excellent, thank you very much. 

Did you get them from old programmes, newspapers or personal records?

Been scouring ebay for years for old programmes but they don't come up very often. 

45 minutes ago, bmills said:

Excellent, thank you verin much. 

Did you get them from old programmes, newspapers or inersonal records?

Been scouring ebay for years for old programmes but they don't come up very often. 

I have been a Jaggie since late 60's. Over the years, I have kept some personal records, especially the title wins In the early 70's and every stat from 89 till 94.

Programmes are like gold dust, and trying to get any INfo, especially from ICT Is Impossible.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/23/2018 at 1:47 PM, TheMantis said:

Don't do that. Those movies are tiny and go back to the days of dialup. I have it somewhere though.

Hi @TheMantis,

I'm hoping to get some of these old Caley/Thistle and ICT videos uploaded this summer. 

Now that the season's over, do you think there'll be any chance of searching for - and sending over - the Airdrie goals from Jan 1990 to put with the footage I have of the penalty shoot out?  I know it all takes time to try and dig out old stuff like that but would be great to have it together in one video on YouTube.

Thanks. 

• Agree 1

On 5/25/2019 at 2:59 PM, bmills said:

Hi @TheMantis,

I'm hoping to get some of these old Caley/Thistle and ICT videos uploaded this summer. 

Now that the season's over, do you think there'll be any chance of searching for - and sending over - the Airdrie goals from Jan 1990 to put with the footage I have of the penalty shoot out?  I know it all takes time to try and dig out old stuff like that but would be great to have it together in one video on YouTube.

Thanks. 

PM sent.

• 10 months later...

Thanks Mantis.

What was the atmosphere like that day?  From seeing some of the old videos from that season it seems that  fans got quite vocal around October, November, December but by April time it seems like the crowds had quietened down and/or drifted away. 

Jaggernaut, I'm counting on you for the Thistle Lossie report 😁

Hi, I haven't been on here for a while. Unfortunately I was admitted to Raigmore Hospital with a virus, thankfully not Covid 19, but it was serious enough to be rushed in. I got home last monday and I am now recuperating well.

I have an autographed programme of that last Jags game, one of the saddest days of my life, and I took a lot of photos. I also have numerous match reports of that very surreal day. I will try and dig them out and post them over the next few days.

My son was 13 at the time and celebrates his 40th birthday this month, April, how time has flown. 

18 hours ago, bmills said:

Thanks Mantis.

What was the atmosphere like that day?  From seeing some of the old videos from that season it seems that  fans got quite vocal around October, November, December but by April time it seems like the crowds had quietened down and/or drifted away. 

Jaggernaut, I'm counting on you for the Thistle Lossie report 😁

It was awful, very sad, and there was a big travelling support, a wee rammy with the Huntly fans, a protest on the pitch at the end but overall a sense of defeat and of something very special coming to an end.

17 hours ago, Jaggernaut said:

Hi, I haven't been on here for a while. Unfortunately I was admitted to Raigmore Hospital with a virus, thankfully not Covid 19, but it was serious enough to be rushed in. I got home last monday and I am now recuperating well.

Glad you are on the mend. Hope you are fully fit soon. 

• Agree 1

18 hours ago, Jaggernaut said:

I have an autographed programme of that last Jags game, one of the saddest days of my life, and I took a lot of photos. I also have numerous match reports of that very surreal day. I will try and dig them out and post them over the next few days.

My son was 13 at the time and celebrates his 40th birthday this month, April, how time has flown. 

Hope you're ok now. 

• Agree 1

Unfortunately,  I'm now on the sheilding list as my immune system has been shot, and I'm on steroids. I'm not allowed to leave the house, or come in contact with anyone, but my son lives near by. So, I only hope that I'm in better shape when the football starts again, I would hate to miss my saturday fix. 

• Agree 1

On 4/12/2020 at 11:40 PM, Jaggernaut said:

Sorry to hear this bud. As you say, thankfully not Covid-19. I wish you well. Get well soon.

• Agree 1

33 minutes ago, snorbens_caleyman said:

Re Mantis' photograph inside Telford Street  - what was Hewden?  A mis-spelling?  :lol:

HSBS was Billy Urquhart's company?  A colleague of my father thought that Billy was boss of the bank HSBC.  :crazy:

Hewden's plant hire or something like that. Here's one to keep the jaggies happy. Expect a Photoshop-inspired, pyroclastic-laden effort from Johndo at a later date 😉

Edit - maybe Howden's hired out their plants too...

Untitled (7).jpg

Edited by TheMantis
  • Like 1