What would you like to see at Caley Thistle?

mcdonnell761

So I've been reading the Who would you like to see thread and it got me thinking as to what people would like to see at the club? Any improvements? Updates? New things?

My change I'd like to see is an update to the car parking. There have been countless occasions where I've forgotten to take £3 cash with me. The club has moved to ticketless sales so lets see the same with the car parking. I'd like to see the ability to pre-buy a block for the car park. I would happily pay another £15-£20 on top of the season ticket to pre-pay for parking. Or have an option to buy a block of 5 games and print off vouchers that I can give to the attendant rather than the attendant give me a pointless raffle ticket that doesn't do anything other than get re-cycled once a year when I hoover my car out.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mcdonnell761 said:

So I've been reading the Who would you like to see thread and it got me thinking as to what people would like to see at the club? Any improvements? Updates? New things?

My change I'd like to see is an update to the car parking. There have been countless occasions where I've forgotten to take £3 cash with me. The club has moved to ticketless sales so lets see the same with the car parking. I'd like to see the ability to pre-buy a block for the car park. I would happily pay another £15-£20 on top of the season ticket to pre-pay for parking. Or have an option to buy a block of 5 games and print off vouchers that I can give to the attendant rather than the attendant give me a pointless raffle ticket that doesn't do anything other than get re-cycled once a year when I hoover my car out.

I honestly fail to see the issue in remembering three quid in coins to pay for the car park. Surely there are far more pressing issues.

• Agree 1

53 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

I honestly fail to see the issue in remembering three quid in coins to pay for the car park. Surely there are far more pressing issues.

I think that's a bit harsh.  Whether there are bigger issues or not, the fact remains that improving the match day experience is commonly held up as being an important fact in trying to maximise attendance at matches.  There are a number of aspects of the match day experience which could be improved and these will be of varying importance for different people.  Car parking arrangements are one thing which certainly could be improved.  Just because there may be bigger issues does not mean we cannot address other issues too.  As far as I am concerned, folk should be warmly encouraged to put ideas forward.  

• Agree 1

Within in my job, one of my tasks is continuous improvement. One of the mantras to bring in change is something called Lean Principles. I won't go into major details because it takes far too long but basically it boils down to little changes. Quite often that huge change you are looking for is not feasible to bring in. Be it too expensive, too large a change to adopt, you don't have the infrastructure etc etc. However if you bring in 10,15, 20 little changes this often increases productivity more than that huge change you wanted to bring in. 

I'll give you an example. Our HR department while very good are always busy and trying to get basic things like paperwork can be tedious at times. How was this resolved? By simply putting copies of forms for people on the wall outside. This idea wasn't thought of by by an exec, or a consultant brought in but by an apprentice carpenter. Quite often the ideas come from outside the department. 

So again I put the question forward to you all. What little thing would you like to see changed and how would you change it? Signs within the ground? News published to the supporters? Perhaps a way for the supporters to put ideas forward to the club.

47 minutes ago, MorayJaggie said:

Print at home tickets since we now have the scanners then this should be easy enough to instal or even e tickets where the scanner reads a barcode on your phone. 

That is already in place. I got into the Cove game using a QR code tha was on my phone. If you go to the ticket hour page on a mobile device you can bring up the tickets. 

Id like to see them expand on this and load single game tickets onto my card. 

Edited by mcdonnell761
  • Agree 1

No need to worry about paying for parking as soon there will be nothing left of the car parks to use on match days. While the circus may be a temporary 'let', there are other areas used for parking vehicles for hire, a food kiosk, car wash and valeting service, and now numerous portakabins between the home car park and the Kessock Bridge. It seems to be turning the land into a free for all, not what it was intended for and is starting to make the place look untidy.

I also hope that someone has advised the Club (Hon Sec hopefully?) that planning permission is required for these other commercial lets if they occupy the land for 28 days or more in a calendar year. 

Edited by Row S

1 hour ago, mcdonnell761 said:

That is already in place. I got into the Cove game using a QR code tha was on my phone. If you go to the ticket hour page on a mobile device you can bring up the tickets. 

Id like to see them expand on this and load single game tickets onto my card. 

Thanks good news.

43 minutes ago, Row S said:

No need to worry about paying for parking as soon there will be nothing left of the car parks to use on match days. While the circus may be a temporary 'let', there are other areas used for parking vehicles for hire, a food kiosk, car wash and valeting service, and now numerous portakabins between the home car park and the Kessock Bridge. It seems to be turning the land into a free for all, not what it was intended for and is starting to make the place look untidy.

I also hope that someone has advised the Club (Hon Sec hopefully?) that planning permission is required for these other commercial lets if they occupy the land for 28 days or more in a calendar year. 

Who gets the revenue for the car parks is it the club or Tulloch?

2 hours ago, mcdonnell761 said:

Within in my job, one of my tasks is continuous improvemenid. One of the mantras to bring in change is something called Lean Principles. I won't go into major details because it takes far too long but basically it boils down to little changes. Quite often that huge change you are looking for is not feasible to bring in. Be it too expensive, too large a change to adopt, you don't have the infrastructure etc etc. However if you bring in 10,15, 20 little changes this often increases productivity more than that huge change you wanted to bring in. 

I'll give you an example. Our HR department while very good are always busy and trying to get basic things like paperwork can be tedious at times. How was this resolved? By simply putting copies of forms for people on the wall outside. This idea wasn't thought of by by an exec, or a consultant brought in but by an apprentice carpenter. Quite often the ideas come from outside the department. 

So again I put the question forward to you all. What little thing would you like to see changed and how would you change it? Signs within the ground? News published to the supporters? Perhaps a way for the supporters to put ideas forward to the club.

There Is a Facebook page set up, the ICTFC Stadium Development Project, that supporters can post any Ideas they have to Improve the stadium or match day.

Tullochs and David Sutherland have made mistakes and have beneffitted from rental income and stadium naming rights for over a decade but nobody should forget that we were once over two and a half million pounds in debt on an annual turnover of much less than that and had Sutherland and Tullochs not stepped in at the time to sort out the mess we might not have a club at all right now. Further, had Tullochs not constructed the North and South Stands in record time we would not have been able to bring top tier football to Inverness at all.

Tullochs may have got their money's worth since but have twice stepped in to rescue us in times of crisis.

Anyway, back on topic, there may be no money to do so right now but, while the Main Stand is well served by toilet and server facilities it would be nice to replace the portaloos and pie sheds saving the North and South Stands with permanent and better toilet/servery blocks.

Edited by Kingsmills
  • Agree 2

45 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

Tullochs and David Sutherland have made mistakes and have beneffitted from rental income and stadium naming rights for over a decade.

That rental income has been written off/set against other things*....and they have continued to invest in the club (by far the largest investor in the past 2 years, even)....so it's not accurate to suggest they have had any finacial benefit.  Tullochs even went to the extent of donating all their shares to the football trust (not Supporters Trust).

*It's only just over a year since they wrote off £300k in rent arrears as a good will gesture to coincide with the stadium gift...which the current board are yet to accept, despite telling us it's "close to happening" for the best part of a year!

Not to say they didn't make mistakes, they most certainly did!  But they have, and continue to, prove that it was 100% with the clubs best interests in mind.

• Agree 2