Reigniting the spark.

Joonya

If people want to have a curry and some cheap pisswater beer then head to Auctioneers on a Saturday afternoon. If you want a bouncy castle and face painting go to a party.

A lot of this stuff seems to be dancing around the issue at hand which, in the most succinct way, is simply a lot of fans have stopped enjoying going to games because the team don't win as many games.

• Like 1
  • Agree 4
  • Funny 1

48 minutes ago, RiG said:

If people want to have a curry and some cheap pisswater beer then head to Auctioneers on a Saturday afternoon. If you want a bouncy castle and face painting go to a party.

A lot of this stuff seems to be dancing around the issue at hand which, in the most succinct way, is simply a lot of fans have stopped enjoying going to games because the team don't win as many games.

It's got a bridge, and no bouncy castle, oh Inverness... 

• Funny 6

1 hour ago, RiG said:

I really like this.  Yes, once you take away the glamour and razzmatazz of Premiership football, Niculae-esque signings and Scottish Cup success, what are you left with.  1000-1500 fans.  I will not write, ostrich-esque, what that level of support warrants.  I will say that we are approaching a QoS and Morton model, and despite that, if Livingston can do it, then why not.  The finances are worrying.  Again, I'd prefer not to go there.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Caledonianfc1885 said:

Maybe if more fans made a trip to Claggan Park tonight for the NOS Cup more sparks would have been reignited for they would have witnessed what I believe is ICTFC's largest win in a competitive match 16-0 ?

Lochaber No More ?.  Rothes beat them 11-1 a few days ago.  16-0 is great, well done - humiliating a team on their knees who aren't, by their own admission, HL standard.  We shouldn't be revelling in this.  Or maybe a sign to come.

• Facepalm 1

I didn’t really know who my loyalty lay tonight as I am a fan off both clubs?❤️?? , I seemed to be the only one at claggan Park semi-enjoying myself ... atleast one of my teams were playing good football ?? not much opposition to judge against but Ricardo Calder was fantastic , it’s gonna be another long season for us fort fans ? 

14 minutes ago, Glover said:

Lochaber No More ?.  Rothes beat them 11-1 a few days ago.  16-0 is great, well done - humiliating a team on their knees who aren't, by their own admission, HL standard.  We shouldn't be revelling in this.  Or maybe a sign to come.

I certainly was not revelling I was rejoicing a victory. A win is a win regardless and now its on to the next round. 

24 minutes ago, Caledonianfc1885 said:

I certainly was not revelling I was rejoicing a victory. A win is a win regardless and now its on to the next round. 

Rejoicing a 16-0 win over Fort William puts us on par with...Brora.  One more and we could have bettered Peterhead.  (Disclaimer - I'm an Abrach).

1 hour ago, Caol jag said:

I didn’t really know who my loyalty lay tonight as I am a fan off both clubs?❤️?? , I seemed to be the only one at claggan Park semi-enjoying myself ... atleast one of my teams were playing good football ?? not much opposition to judge against but Ricardo Calder was fantastic , it’s gonna be another long season for us fort fans ? 

Just keep supporting your big team then :ictscarf:

• Agree 1

Well simply put, football is an entertainment business and the landscape has changed from the 'working man' heading there on a Sat and a few pints in the boozer when games were cheap and affordable and TV money didn't exist. We live in modern, dynamic times where people expect more and have more lifestyle choice for spending disposable cash - adapt and survive or compete otherwise continue with a struggle for survival among falling fan bases. And yes the onus should be on the clubs - for too long football has had it easy taking the cash with minimal effort.

Club loosing games and loosing fans due to lack of money to sustain players at a higher level to compete. Lack of money due to not having a footfall to sustain it. Lack of footfall due to lack of entertainment and not being perceived as value for money experience.

Start to address the reasons for low footfall and the income will increase and therefore the end product on the park.

• Agree 3

The problem is, and it's not a new thing or specific to ICTFC, that the vast majority of those sitting on club boards don't have a clue what's important to fans.  There's a dangerous combination of ignorance and arrogance which drives them to believe that they know, without having ever asked, what people should want...when they actually don't even know what they want themselves.

I've said already that the studies I have seen and partaken in demonstrate that winning is low on the list of priorities and last nights result against Fort William proves that....is there really much (long term) enjoyment in results like that?  If it was all about the winning every week we'd all be wearing green and white hoops!

In regards the last paragraph, there's evidence to suggest that fans aren't as tuned in to what they want either.  What we strive for is success, but as I said already, if that was the most important factor we'd all be following other teams.

I'm the kid who always asks why...I was lucky to have had parents, an education and strength of character to maintain it.  Others find it irritating because they were told, and learned to accept, "just because" as an answer...not me...and it's something that is most useful in situations like this.  If clubs want to understand what fans want/need...and fans want to understand themselves...then the easiest way is to adopt the use of the "5 Whys Technique".  Google it, then try it on yourself starting with the question "Why do I go to watch ICTFC?" And see where it takes you.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

When I was a kid there was no feckin Google. I went to Caley with all my mates and enjoyed every moment of it. Once it is in your blood it never goes away.

So why the Celtic tattoo?

• Funny 3

1 hour ago, CaleyD said:

The problem is, and it's not a new thing or specific to ICTFC, that the vast majority of those sitting on club boards don't have a clue what's important to fans.  There's a dangerous combination of ignorance and arrogance which drives them to believe that they know, without having ever asked, what people should want...when they actually don't even know what they want themselves.

I've said already that the studies I have seen and partaken in demonstrate that winning is low on the list of priorities and last nights result against Fort William proves that....is there really much (long term) enjoyment in results like that?  If it was all about the winning every week we'd all be wearing green and white hoops!

In regards the last paragraph, there's evidence to suggest that fans aren't as tuned in to what they want either.  What we strive for is success, but as I said already, if that was the most important factor we'd all be following other teams.

I'm the kid who always asks why...I was lucky to have had parents, an education and strength of character to maintain it.  Others find it irritating because they were told, and learned to accept, "just because" as an answer...not me...and it's something that is most useful in situations like this.  If clubs want to understand what fans want/need...and fans want to understand themselves...then the easiest way is to adopt the use of the "5 Whys Technique".  Google it, then try it on yourself starting with the question "Why do I go to watch ICTFC?" And see where it takes you.

Your absolutely right, I have so many friends that support one of the big 2 but never go to any games (unless it was at the TCS against ICTFC) and actually buy hacked TV boxes so they don’t even have to pay to watch their teams own subscription channel!! To me it has always just smacked of pure glorification, and the fact they can brag to their mates and colleagues that “their” team won at the weekend, but generally can’t tell you who was playing or who even scored. I’m a relative newcomer to ICT, in any real sense having got my first season ticket in 2013, and it was purely to have something that would interest my then 6 year old son. Since then we’ve gone through the ups and downs and as much as the downs were painful, we keep coming back and we look forward to coming back and it’s not about expecting another big cup win or winning the league, it’s something that I believe can’t be measured or explained easily, but for me and my boy it’s the fact that feeling a big part of a club and a team that generally defy the odds and can be the dark horse when otherwise given little credit or exposure. I hate the fact that we hear that the board aren’t doing the right things in spending money in the right way and the detailed evidence that shows and proves it, as to me that starts to make me question why I put so much of my hard earned money into it, but I guess like so many fans at so many clubs up and down the country have to adopt, is the attitude to a certain degree anyway,..,that “ignorance is bliss”

Edited by CableGuy

Well as a father with two boys last season cost me £20 to attend a match now that has risen to £32. This means I now won't be attending as many matches as this is simply not affordable when you have kids wanting a drink and something to eat at the game as well. Thought they were wanting to get back to being a community orientated club. This is just going to force more folk to stop going.

Edited by MorayJaggie
Spelling
  • Agree 2

Just now, MorayJaggie said:

Well as a father with two boys last season cost me £20 to attend a match now that has risen to £32. This means I now won't be attending as many matches as this is simply not affordable when you have kids wanting a drink and something to eat at the game as well. Thought they were wanting to get back to being a community orientated club. This is just going to force more folk to stop going.

Can you not get them free STs if you are regular attenders? 

1 minute ago, old caley girl said:

Im not sure what rules are but maybe could link them to a friend or family who has one? 

From the article, you need to have a season ticket to get the free U12 season tickets.

Clearly, our preference is that supporters commit to purchasing a Season Ticket.   One of the benefits for those with a Season Ticket in the North Stand is that they can buy two Season Tickets for Under 12s free of charge.