Reigniting the spark.

Joonya

8 minutes ago, CaleyD said:

From the article, you need to have a season ticket to get the free U12 season tickets.

Clearly, our preference is that supporters commit to purchasing a Season Ticket.   One of the benefits for those with a Season Ticket in the North Stand is that they can buy two Season Tickets for Under 12s free of charge.

Does it state they need to be your own kids? 

Depends on the age of the kids.

However,when I was very young, jumping over the fence at the back corner in the Bumber's Lane was always a good bet but  since I could get in for 6 pence, the other option was the best....pay as you go. Then the only reason I was able to get  into the stand once at Telford Street was when my next door neighbour, who is ten years older than me,  bought my ticket for me. Guess I was lucky but I just didn't realise it at the time. Now,  I would have him come over to stay with me in Canada  at the drop of a hat but he doesn't seem too interested in such a long journey.....some 5,000 miles, with planeing , deplaneing and replaneing again. Ulp.  But, I didn't realise it at the time but that visit was insidious and I then I wanted more...it was an "event" and I suppose I also felt that I wanted to be "one of the crowd" or something. 

Anyway getting the kids in the door is an absolute must for the club-free if necessary because if you get them hooked for ahatever reason you might well have a fan for life standing right there …...?‍♂️

3 hours ago, Stirling Observer said:

Seems a backwards step. This thread has highlighted the importance of getting 'hooked' at a young age. Once you are hooked the only important thing is watching your team not the 'matchday experience'. Sadly this could limit the chances youngsters have to attend.

I think it is accurate to say that. Season tickets (approx.) for young fans:

Under 18s:  ICT,  Falkirk and Dun Utd are all quite high with charging U18s £200-100.  Dunfermline and Partick are at £100, but Ross County is £40.

Under 16s:  ICT is at £100 as is Dun Utd, Dunfermline.  The rest are half that and under...but Partick is free 

Under 12s:  Most clubs have token fees (£5 - £20 or free for all areas) but ICT in main stand is £50 but free for North stand, Ross County is £5 for all areas.

Ross County have said their season tickets are 10% up on last year which is quite something considering the drop.  

Lets face it macaroni cheese costs nothing to produce nor does decent home made soup, proper bovril, nor a HOT pie come to that instead of some lukewarm offering. No one likes feeling they are being ripped off and ICT are not alone in offering so called soup and bovril consisting of some dust in the bottom of a cup and some hot water.

As someone on here said, there is no substitute for having a winning team on the park. I also feel the people of Inverness had become tired of  the SPL and I have to confess it is a boring competition due to inequality in financial terms. I remember being at a match against Celtic during the time Dargo played for us, he scored inside 5 minutes, missed a penalty and Hartson scored the equaliser, it was a great game and the home support was packed in. In recent seasons ICT have had trouble in selling the home seat allocation against the OF . 

The main problem with our football generally is the lack of money, Burnley got £118M for finishing 7th in the premiership Aberdeen got £2.3M for finishing 2nd, in today's game £2.3M buys you nothing, I'm afraid our game is headed to oblivion with more clubs becoming part time.

None of the Croatian players who reached the WC final play in their domestic league which is impoverished as a result. I have the feeling that at some point either due to financial circumstances or indifference TV audiences will wane and we might get back to supporters being important to the game once more, here's hoping, as Jock Stein said "the game is nothing without the supporters"

• Agree 4

Scottish football is closer to the leagues in Ireland, N Ireland and Wales than to England.  However 10,000 season ticket holders is not bad - Hearts, Hibs, Aberdeen have that and OF obviously a lot more, 40,000 and 50,000.  Beyond that, it’s a tough old slog for all.  

There is very little to cheer - 20 years since a WC qualification and even by chance we should have produced a half decent player - yet Gary McAllister is the last half-decent one and Gordon Strachan before him.  Duncan Ferguson maybe.  Rangers debacle, Celtic were it not for Fergus McCann, Hearts, Hibs, Dundee Utd all floundered/floundering and Aberdeen’s perennial dip pre-McInness...

Added to that the demands of people on time, on finances, and the options available - not to mention the materialism - that has challenged the social capital or social currency of being a season ticket holder or regular attendee at football games.

But it is like Japan, the falling population there has meant house prices have plummeted in rural areas and public services have become manageable.  Perhaps there is opportunity in decline.  More younger players, home grown, and thus more attention on training up local kids to play a part in the club.  All credit to the club - you cannot fault the commitment to a young player wanting to have the opportunity in the area.  That longer-term, locally-focused approach is visionary.  However, change management is a synonym for ‘in hindsight’.  What the club needs to say is what it has, in my view, designed in the boardroom - not the chance of promotion  - but the chance to see local players come through and try and fight to get into the Premiership.  I’m not sure the club has invested in a squad that is as exciting and robust in terms of promotion as Mr Rae indicated in the ‘Get Behind Your Team’ release.  I would prefer that we were honest, that these players are on a wage not incomparable to a skilled worker (i.e. closer to us the fans) and that we are in a fight between Championship status quo (Qos, Morton) and one good season (Livingston).  But not that the club has invested in a squad that is odds-on for promotion.  

How can that be true if JR has cut £1m from the playing squad.  That’s having your cake, eating it, and then some, for the board to sell promotion.  Of course, that is the line - as it has to be - no politician ever won through giving the electorate the hard truth or brutal reality - and many lost it in trying to do so.  But as we have all seemed to accept Scottish football and the money and the Championship and Inverness support is less than Worldy, why not forego mincing words - we are likely paying our first team players £600-£700 quid a week.  That is not much for very highly skilled and talented people.  Regardless, it doesn’t separate us from Hamilton or Livingston by much.  However, Ross County (Brian Graham) and Dundee Utd and Partick will have the edge.  I just wish the ‘get behind your team’ rally or cry came from a place that admitted we are far away from odds-on but closer to QoS (or even Ayr with Shankland) than Dundee Utd or, dare I say, County.

I think that acceptance would allow us to reevaluate the contracts to pie companies from central belt and really create a renewed sense of them v us, North v South, Highland v Lowland spirit that pulls people in rather than say we are close to this or near to that.  If we are financially precarious after cutting a £1m and being given £900,000 then why not admit it?  

My summary would be that a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down, but maybe a dose of reality woud shake things up to greater effect.  

Edited by Glover
paragraphs, gerunds

After selling Adult Walk Up (and Season Ticket) prices to us last year on the basis of a promotion push; I find it quite incredulous that they have now sold us those prices this year on the basis of doing fans a favour by not having increased them....with no acknowledgement they are still, effectively, charging premiership prices for championship football.  If Robbo has cut over £1 Million from the player budget, then where is the evidence that the additional fans money is being used to support a push for promotion?

As I said before, every statement raises more questions than it provides answers...that's not an indication of good communication, let alone the promised transparency we were told could be expected.

• Respect is earned.
  • Honesty is appreciated.
  • Trust is gained.
  • Loyalty is returned.
  • Agree 4

10 hours ago, CaleyD said:

As I said before, every statement raises more questions than it provides answers...that's not an indication of good communication, let alone the promised transparency we were told could be expected.

So, as the Chairman of the reconstituted CJT, are you attempting to set up lines of communication with the board?

I appreciate that most of your efforts just now will be going towards getting CJT up and running. But formal contact with the Chairman and key ICT staff - if only to say "Hi, we're here, and we look forward to working with you" - would surely be useful? You make valid points, which should be discussed.

Maybe you're doing this already, but all I see are your posts here.

All is not lost though and even the biggest blooper needn’t spell the end of your dealings. We asked Media Career Coach Joanne Mallon for 6 easy yet effective ways to deliver bad news in the most professional, assertive and proactive way possible to boost your problem solving skills and ensure it just poses a momentary blip in an otherwise smooth-running partnership.

1. Put your best foot forward first

"Always lead with something positive, no matter how small. Try using the formula ‘Fortunately X...but unfortunately Y.’"

2. Offer solutions

"Before you call the client, think of at least two possible solutions to the problem you are going to tell them about. Brainstorm with colleagues before you call to get some fresh ideas."

3. Sh*t happens...

"The **** Sandwich technique is also useful, where you sandwich bad news between two pieces of good news."

4. Be clear and concise

"Be factual and don’t ramble on or over-explain. Tell the client and then wait for them to ask questions. What might be bad news to you may not be received as badly as you think."

5. Don’t play the blame game

"Keep your language impersonal – ‘X happened’ rather than ‘You did X’ so it doesn’t look like you are blaming the client (even if by implication you may be if the bad news is as a result of something the client has done...)"

6. Keep perspective

"Remember that the bad news may not necessarily put the client off working with you – they may be impressed at how you handle a tough situation."