Hearts Game

7 hours ago, Laurence said:

numbers for the draw are I am told are based on the alphabet, so as the letter   P is well away from the letter  I , I think to suppose ICT would draw Celtic is  probably incorrect.

Where did you hear that? It certainly wasn't true for the seeded teams, as Celtic were 1, Aberdeen were 2 and Rangers were 3. I don't think it was true for the unseeded teams either as I think Ross County were 12. It does happen in the Scottish Cup though.

30 minutes ago, IBM said:

At least no one is looking for the highlights!

Was bad enough watching it the first time around... I even avoided the STV news just in case. Gotta hope this galvanises the team into looking for revenge on sat otherwise were in for another slow start 

• Agree 2

Didn't see the game and only switched on the radio in time to hear Hearts first three goals. Only listened up to half time as had work to do but the commentators seemed to indicate that while Hearts were worth their lead, we were unlucky and had played okay. Whether these comments were accurate, I cannot say but perhaps puts a slightly different complexion on some of the comments posted. To have some posters virtually writing off our season is ridiculous. Results like this happen and our season will be defined by how we do in the league. Judge the team and manager on that performance.

One thing that I would agree with is that I think our defence does need some work. I have only seen the Raith game but thought only Donaldson played okay that night. Changes needed for Saturday perhaps?.

• Agree 2

48 minutes ago, GoliathGrunt said:

The tv commentators also mentioned that Inverness should be pleased with themselves so far. That was before the 3 first half goals went in.

The trouble was that they were followed by two more without reply in the second half by which time we were feeling much less pleased with ourselves.

However, that is now over and done with and we need to concentrate on getting back to winning ways on Saturday.

Falkirk made an even worse start to their league campaign last season than we did so will be as keen as we are to get this season off to a better start.

Three points on Saturday and the Hearts game will soon begin to fade in the memory.

• Agree 1

On 7/30/2018 at 6:28 PM, CaleyD said:

Being apathetic towards poor results is the thin end of a very fat, barbed, poisoned wedge.

Game against Falkirk is far more important than the Hearts imo.

We need a good start and 3 points would be a massive result, with two home games on the bounce giving us a chance to get a great srart to the league campaign.

• Agree 1

17 hours ago, Gregor said:

Game against Falkirk is far more important than the Hearts imo.

We need a good start and 3 points would be a massive result, with two home games on the bounce giving us a chance to get a great srart to the league campaign.

3 home games if you count the Dunfermline Cup game midweek too, going to be a busy week but sometimes that's better anyway