Welcoming back the bunch of Ayrsouls.

Always had a soft spot for Ayr, apart from the damp in the brick walls of the Away end toilet. I predicted 7 points from 9 from the first three games. That now includes an extra 2 from Falkirk but I also suspect that Ayr will provide us with problems, especially if Shankland stays (I will leave that subject to the separate thread). Will Robbo stick to his usual pattern and not change a winning team. I suspect that he may well do although the fitness of Welsh may be a determining factor. I still have doubts about Rooney and Brad and I would go as far as saying that the clean sheet last Saturday was down to Ridgers, Donaldson and Tremarco. Oakley played for his place at Falkirk and was far more effective than Austin. But we need to build up a partnership and I suspect that those two will start again. It is the midfield system and shape that worries me. Will Doran return now that there is a grass surface ? If not who is the playmaker ? Shall we keep playing Polly out wide ? Are Trafford and Chalmers the answer to the defence minded pairing ? Well I would go Doran - Polly - Welsh - Walsh. My only worry would be whether Polly has the discipline not to wander but it is better than wasting him. Welsh is experienced enuff to cover and sit in the hole - I don't think either Chalmers or Trafford have the nous to do that. But Robbo may well go same again.