Ryan Esson Testimonial

MorayJaggie

Given our recent history with communication and keeping the fans informed, it doesn't surprise me that there's been no further formal update since August 2018. 

Also somewhat disappointing that the statement details the sponsors as the main organisers which is poor in my opinion, in this day in age where over-glorified testimonials for players in tops divisions are rammed down our throats, testimonials for players at our level and under should be just as important as they always were.

Not only is it the fans way to say thank you and show their appreciation, it should also be a thank you from the club. While I have no doubt they'll be involved, they should be the ones driving it as they'll be at the fore front for taking the credit. 

• Disagree 1

10 minutes ago, MrCaleyjag said:

Given our recent history with communication and keeping the fans informed, it doesn't surprise me that there's been no further formal update since August 2018. 

Also somewhat disappointing that the statement details the sponsors as the main organisers which is poor in my opinion, in this day in age where over-glorified testimonials for players in tops divisions are rammed down our throats, testimonials for players at our level and under should be just as important as they always were.

Not only is it the fans way to say thank you and show their appreciation, it should also be a thank you from the club. While I have no doubt they'll be involved, they should be the ones driving it as they'll be at the fore front for taking the credit. 

Forgive me if I’m mistaken but I thought clubs weren’t allowed to organise testimonials which is why a testimonial committee is appointed. 

2 minutes ago, TheMantis said:

Forgive me if I’m mistaken but I thought clubs weren’t allowed to organise testimonials which is why a testimonial committee is appointed. 

You could be correct in which case I'll retract my previous statement

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TheMantis said:

Doesn't forbid them from publicising it.

If they were to organise it they might well make an arse of it anyway.?

2 hours ago, old caley girl said:

the club cannot have anything to do with a testimonial due to tax implications.

Strictly speaking, the club could but the income generated would then be fully taxable which is why such things are generally organised by committees at arms length from the club.

• 1 month later...

Agree with Fraz.  I was there as a guest, there was a FB page and a Twitter account set up for it but yes, it could have been better advertised.  That said, it was chocca, a great night and an extremely long Sunday, followed up by a beer fear Monday I think.  Ho hum....

• 5 months later...