Alan Hercher

RiG

So very sad to lose a legend at an early age. Our sincere condolences to all his family and friends. It was a pleasure to see him play and celebrate the goals he scored and made. 

I agree with Kingsmills that the club should try to arrange a benefit match (subject to family agreement of course) in support. I for one would make every effort to be there.

R.I.P Alan.

• Like 1

Herchie gave both Caley & ICT fans some amazing memories a proper old school footballer who could play anywhere. My memories of the great man will always be the penalty v St Johnstone at Telford Street it started the comeback in what was a huge result for Highland League football. & who could forget the winner v Livi in the cup when that was a proper rivalry ,Il never forget Jim Leishmans face at the end of that game that livi team had an arrogant way which that ICT team schooled on many occasions.

RIP Herchie you were a big hero of mine as a kid Heaven just found there target man.

• Agree 2

52 minutes ago, Stirling Observer said:

One of my favourite players as a kid, some great memories of him. Always thought he was a striker for some reason. Did he move up front towards the end of his career or did I just imagine it? 

He just had a great knack of being in the right place at the right time for scoring opportunities.

Mind the night he came back from Australia, think he came on as sub, drifted in at the back post to nod home the winner.

• Scotty unfeatured and unpinned this topic