Inverness CT -V- Ayr Utd

Scotty

54 minutes ago, MorayJaggie said:

What chants other than your crap your pish or is that to extreme for you. To many happy clappers in our support willing to sit and just say well done next time. And folk saying it's the fans fault for a professional to have a bad performance are deluded. That's the problem the fan base doesn't show enough emotion. So feel free to confront us. And see who gets battered.

It was a bad day at the office and we effectively threw away two points not just through the penalty miss but through a complete lack of creativity or any sense from the manager that he knew how to change it. However, we are two games into the season, have four points on the board and no goals conceded so it's hardly a disaster.

As for You, offering violence to fellow fans or indeed anyone else is wholly unacceptable so you will find that that was your last post in this thread.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

2 hours ago, Caol jag said:

Awful performance , but fans are partly to blame , shouting abuse at our own players and there family’s is totally uncalled for , honestly wonder sometimes 

Entirely agree. It was a poor performance and a hugely frustrating afternoon but getting on the players back is not going to help.

We need all the positive vocal support we can muster but it seems to me that too many of our fans only raise their voices to criticise rather than chant or shout support.

7 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

It was a bad day in the office and we effectively threw  away two points not just through the penalty miss but through a complete lack of creativity or any sense from the manager that he knew how to change it. However, we are two games into the season, have four points on the board and no goals conceded so it's hardly a disaster.

As for You, offering violence to fellow fans or indeed anyone else is wholly unacceptable so you will find that that was your last post in this thread.

What about Tm4tj offering to batter someone stupid In an earlier post, was that acceptable?

• Agree 2

18 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

It was a bad day at the office and we effectively threw away two points not just through the penalty miss but through a complete lack of creativity or any sense from the manager that he knew how to change it. However, we are two games into the season, have four points on the board and no goals conceded so it's hardly a disaster.

Why have you not said the same to the person who originally spoke of a battering? Seems to me that MorayJaggie was the one who had violence threatened upon him?

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, MorayJaggie said:

What chants other than your crap your pish or is that to extreme for you. To many happy clappers in our support willing to sit and just say well done next time. And folk saying it's the fans fault for a professional to have a bad performance are deluded. That's the problem the fan base doesn't show enough emotion. So feel free to confront us. And see who gets battered.

Some level of whataboutery here. You know fine well what the chants were. Criticism of a poor performance is all fine & well and go with the territory of being a professional footballer. However chants of personal nature about a players sister and family are completely unacceptable.  If you can't see that then perhaps you need to step away until you grow up a little bit.

• Like 1
  • Agree 4
  • Disagree 1

Pollys no Pirlo but he's our best midfielder by a country mile be sorely missed if he goes to St Mirren Trafford and Chalmers were sh@te today where's Beith?? We should've hammered Ayr they're awful players looked scared to take a shot then the long balls lumped up to White was so easy to defend against ! Miss the glory days of the messiah Yogi Hughes

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 2
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, tm4tj said:

Jeez guys. Some of you are so far off the mark it's embarrassing. Get a grip ffs . The chants from the North Stand were pathetic. Next time up, you will be confronted if not battered stupid.

Sounds like a threat mate

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Jaggernaut said:

Absolutely no plan B from Robertson. Punting endless balls into the box didn't work in the first half, so why persist with it in the second? We needed someone to get behind their back four and cut balls back. We need players willing to take a player on and beat him, we needed pace. Ayr were hitting with pace on the counter attack and looked dangerous at times while we were ponderous at getting the ball forward, nearly every pass was sideways. Please ICT practice penalties and let the best one take them. What should have been an easy three points after the sending off and resulting penalty, turned into a slog, and if you want supporters to return, you need to give them something to return for, not whàt was on offer today.

Spot on today's performance i blame coaches no plan B up against 10 men for 60 minutes and void of any idea to change what was not already working but i bet it will be same starting 11 next game

• Agree 1

52 minutes ago, MorayJaggie said:

Why would I know? When did I mention his family? Let me know.

Nobody is bothered about a player getting criticism. It's the comments about his family that are the issue. 

I assume you either weren't at the game or you're ignorant of the issue. 

Hopefully you're better in the know now. 

• Agree 3

5 minutes ago, Alan Simpson said:

Pollys no Pirlo but he's our best midfielder by a country mile be sorely missed if he goes to St Mirren Trafford and Chalmers were sh@te today where's Beith?? We should've hammered Ayr they're awful players looked scared to take a shot then the long balls lumped up to White was so easy to defend against ! Miss the glory days of the messiah Yogi Hughes

Nothing like the mention of our greatest ever manager to get the red dots going eh

• Agree 1
  • Facepalm 1

Just now, Kingsmills said:

He did try to change it but we just don't have the players with the ability to do so. In the first half when Walsh was not getting any joy on the left as he was being easily dealt with by Geggan Robbo switched him over to the right, it didn't make much difference and he was subbed for Aaron Doran on 70 minutes who's not the same type of player but far more effective and creative. Daniel MacKay was on for Charlie Trafford in 68 minutes getting his usual 20 minutes. Can't see why there wasn't a double substitution then.

Nathan Austin was subbed just a couple of minutes after hitting the bar. I suppose Robbo thought it just wasn't his day and brought on Jordan White who again is a completely different type of player. The other two substitutions I'd agree with but the Austin off for White so early in the game was a strange one, maybe Nathan was carrying a knock and Robbo decided enough was enough and maybe wanted to protect him, I don't know.

I've only watched two games this season and what I'm seeing is the lack of a quality wide player, someone to get to the line and get the crosses in for Nathan and George to feed off. During our spells in the second tier we had Jonny Hayes in 2009/10 who had a great assist partnership with Adam Rooney. In 2004 when we won the league we had Barry Wilson and a full back who would bust a gut running up and down the right hand side Ross Tokely who could cross the ball into the penalty box with precision.

I think its a case of just being patient, this is still a rebuild job work in progress.

Need to inject some pace , width and urgency into our play , today was so predictable Ayr never looked in any real danger of conceding. 

Hopefully Walsh can kick on ,had some decent touches but seemed to fade second half , personally I would like to see Ricky Calder given a run of games in front of Tremarco never really given much of an opportunity last season.

• Agree 2

Totally frustrated today with our lack of idea's in the last third, Also disgusted with the young morons at the back of the North stand shouting abuse about Polworths sister,  Not needed, and not clever, and if that's the level of your intelligence better go elsewhere for your entertainment.  

Polly was not at the races today but he's not alone, and unfortunately we are seeing our team at a level which we are not used too.

A few of our players are sub standard from what we need or expect, but they are ours, we have to hope like last season we improve.

• Agree 1

Sad and disappointing to again be reading of this type of abuse coming from a section of our support. Nobody minds criticism, as fans that's part of our job. I take it that this is coming from some of our younger crew? I remember with embarrassment some of the tosh I used to spout out back in the 60s and 70s - the folly of youth I suspect. Hopefully these guys will be suitably ashamed of themselves when they look back on their conduct when they're older.

• Like 1

Why are most of the comments here so negative? Im frustrated that we missed the penalty but thats business as usual for us like when Vigurs was taking them. We can look at it like throwing away two points or we can look at it like we kept a clean sheet and maintained unbeaten league run and got another point on the board only second game.

• Agree 4

1 hour ago, Kingsmills said:

The threat of violence was from tmftj. Read back 

• Agree 2

On my way home from the match, an old Millicent Martin song  , from TW3 came to mind.

In essence she would sing  " That was the week that was, its over, let it go ",

I translated that into  " That was the match  that was, its over let it go.

I think reading what everybody else thinks not far off the general consensus of opinion on this web forum. Personally I wish to forget it and let it go.

If some of you have never heard of  "That was the week that was". ? known as TW3

I have posted  a link in "general nonsense" seeing as it happened well over 50 years ago when I was in my prime

OK. Enough is enough. Polworth had a poor game and missed a pen. When is an element of our “support” going to realise that he’s a confidence player and that abuse from the stands is not going to drive him on to a better performance? If there was a stack of better talent to choose from, then fine: sub him. But there isn’t. Get behind the young lad and support him, otherwise accept that he’ll leave and we’ll be the weaker for it. Sadly, it seems that the fans’ verdict might determine his fate.

• Agree 5

1 hour ago, combat said:

Not often I comment on this page but my daughter who is 2 years old got kicked in the head by an idiot who jumped over the barrier to get the ball near the end of the game. She ok now but there was a bit of blood from her lip. Cheers to the lady and her daughter who came over to offer assistance. 

Seen that happen bud.... That was just stupidity... No reason for the boy to do that, not permitted and opening himself up for action by the club. You restrained yourself well.... I was amazed you didn't clock that stupid lad in the face... If that had been me I'd never have been able to hold back. Hope your wee lady OK 

• Like 1

• Scotty unfeatured and unpinned this topic