Inverness CT -V- Ayr Utd

Scotty

17 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Something completely different.

Was there a match programme for the game?

I asked the same as I never seen any being sold outside or inside. I'm assuming we've gone 100% electronic and nobody mentioned it perhaps.

I asked at the office if there where any programmes, they gave me a team sheet. I was a little upset because it was my granddaughter's first match, and I wanted the programme for a memento.

I have still got programmes for my son's and my daughter's first games , which I cherish although they are over 40 years old.

The office told me they did not sell enough to make it viable.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       

21 minutes ago, CableGuy said:

Seen that happen bud.... That was just stupidity... No reason for the boy to do that, not permitted and opening himself up for action by the club. You restrained yourself well.... I was amazed you didn't clock that stupid lad in the face... If that had been me I'd never have been able to hold back. Hope your wee lady OK 

21 minutes ago, CableGuy said:

Seen that happen bud.... That was just stupidity... No reason for the boy to do that, not permitted and opening himself up for action by the club. You restrained yourself well.... I was amazed you didn't clock that stupid lad in the face... If that had been me I'd never have been able to hold back. Hope your wee lady OK 

My restrainted was held back because of my children. 

She ok but hopefully it not put her off football. 

• Agree 2

Sorry as per last year home support targetting players is atrocious. 

We had the iain vigurs and polworth threads last year and thought we had lost the boo boys.

I try to always be positive and if i wanted to support a winning team i would be with a bigger club..

So get behind or get out the way.  Things will not be perfect but we make them play worse not better.

• Agree 2

12 minutes ago, combat said:

My restrainted was held back because of my children. 

She ok but hopefully it not put her off football. 

Yeh I get that pal, I wasn't questioning your restraint I understand why you didn't react and probably sensible thing  to do... The boy was just stupid and needed a slap to waken up and realise that there's kids about 

36 minutes ago, Laurence said:

The office told me they did not sell enough to make it viable. 

I've heard this case made a few times over the years and it's one made purely on direct income....no credit is ever given to it's value as a marketing/PR/communication tool.

We'll spend thousands on marketing companies/consultants etc but baulk at the idea of losing a few quid producing a programme.

Very shortsighted, IMO.

• Agree 4

Posted this elsewhere, but will repeat it here.....

Best thing people who witnessed the abuse being given out today can do is name/point out those responsible to ICTFC. Throwing abuse at them in response is only stooping to their level....be the better fan ?

Here’s the thing: no player deliberately plays badly. Some will give their eye teeth for the team and some don’t really give a stuff for the club they happen to be at. Polworth is in the eye teeth category - he’s come through the ranks and will try his hardest for the club. This strength is also his weakness, because when things are against him or the team, he takes it personally and his performance drops. That’s because he cares. Personally, I’d have 11 Polworths who cared for the club any day ahead of guys who are passing through. The personal cricism will cut deeper with him than any other player in our team. If I were him, I’d stick my fingers up to the support and further my career. ICT would be the losers because any fee would go to the bottom line, not to a better replacement. Sometimes you don’t know what you’ve got until you lose it.

• Agree 3

Adolescent teenagers acting the hard man and shouting / singing obscenities at matches is part and parcel of Scottish football culture I'm afraid. Nothing new here. These lads are probably only a couple of years removed from watching Mr Tumble and Peppa Pig. Don't take it to heart. Don't ban them. Confiscate their gaming consoles for a week - the problem will stop!

• Funny 2
  • Facepalm 1

15 minutes ago, AlexJones said:

Adolescent teenagers acting the hard man and shouting / singing obscenities at matches is part and parcel of Scottish football culture I'm afraid. Nothing new here. These lads are probably only a couple of years removed from watching Mr Tumble and Peppa Pig. Don't take it to heart. Don't ban them. Confiscate their gaming consoles for a week - the problem will stop!

You've gained absolutely nothing by posting this and no one else has gained anything by reading it. A complete waste of energy which just makes you sound like a bitter old man. It's no wonder the club struggles to attract fans of that age demographic with people like you posting irrelevant, moaning, petulant and frankly abusive posts like that. I highly doubt you were born at age 30 and invite you to imagine how you'd have reacted if someone said that to a teenage you. 

• Facepalm 3

I had a good watch of our back four today and some of these tackles and blocks that went in put a smile on my face. I have to mention our center backs Coll Donaldson and Brad McKay who put in a tremendous shift and were composed and very solid. Coll kept Shankland under control for most of the match and made charges forward later in the game which reminded me of Darren Dods years ago and then there's Brad McKay who is showing a lot of composure and maturity just now. Sean Rooney defending did little wrong though some of his passing could be better and he looked to get up into the Ayr half as much as possible to support the midfield.

Later in the game as the game opened up and we pushed further forward you could see Coll Donaldson getting quite animated while talking to himself, sometimes scolding himself for every error including giving away a free kick just a few yards away from the penalty area which was a wrong call by the referee.

What I saw of our back line today gave me hope that we are going to have a solid defence that is not going to give much away a real solid base for the season ahead.

• Agree 3

40 minutes ago, chedan1 said:

You've gained absolutely nothing by posting this and no one else has gained anything by reading it. A complete waste of energy which just makes you sound like a bitter old man. It's no wonder the club struggles to attract fans of that age demographic with people like you posting irrelevant, moaning, petulant and frankly abusive posts like that. I highly doubt you were born at age 30 and invite you to imagine how you'd have reacted if someone said that to a teenage you. 

What an obscene overreaction to a light hearted post trying to bring some levity to the thread. You're the one being miserable and abusive. If you find Kevin the teenager offensive I don't know what to else to say.  

Edited by AlexJones
  • Agree 1

If the quality of the programme would be anything like the match report on the club site for the game then we're not missing much.  Reads as if it was written by my 12 year old cousin. Glad we have reports on here, way better.

1 hour ago, PerfICT said:

OK. Enough is enough. Polworth had a poor game and missed a pen. When is an element of our “support” going to realise that he’s a confidence player and that abuse from the stands is not going to drive him on to a better performance? If there was a stack of better talent to choose from, then fine: sub him. But there isn’t. Get behind the young lad and support him, otherwise accept that he’ll leave and we’ll be the weaker for it. Sadly, it seems that the fans’ verdict might determine his fate.

THIS!!!

• Agree 1

Liam Polworth is an easy target for our "so called fans". When he was getting abused he still wanted the ball and still tried to make things happen. Fair enough not much came off for him but he was always availabe and never hid. What the hell did Chalmers and Trafford do that was better......bugger all. Yet did they get the same abuse????

Maybe it's time we appreciated Liam and his assists and goals before its to late. 

Some ICT fans have a habit of going against the good guys!

Edited by SteveA
  • Agree 5

I'm quite shocked by some of the comments I've just read.

I sit in the main stand, and was oblivious to the chants against Polly's sister: such behaviour is disgraceful.

I know he can "blow hot and cold" but I do believe he cares, and such chants will drive him out of the club.

Yes, he missed the penalty, and it was a poor one, but he's not the first and won't be the last. I thought he was trying hard in the second half, looking for the ball and trying to pick out passes. Yes, some did not come off, but as others have said before, he has vision that some of our team don't have.

He is a confidence player, as someone has said earlier in this thread, and some fans have shattered that today. His tweet is out of frustration, and I don't blame him for making it.

To the game, we had a clean sheet, with some squeaky moments, and were by far the better team.

We should have been three up by half time, with Austin missing two very good chances.

Ridgers did what was asked of him.

Rooney tried to push forward, to mixed effect, but could turn into an asset.

Tremarco was my pick, as we were most potent down the left.

Mckay and Donaldson kept Shankland out, with big Coll nearly sneaking one towards the end.

I actually thought Trafford and Chalmers did ok, but need to move the ball quicker and be more positive with forward passes.

Walsh had a mixed day, but has potential. 

I've said enough about Polly above.

Austin was out of sorts, whilst Oakley was committed but didn't really get any chances.

I think Doran will start on Tuesday in the cup, and I'd give young Mackay a start too. 

Compared to last season, this is a better start, but work in progress.

With better finishing, today it would and should have been a comfortable three points, but at least we didn't concede.

I am as disappointed as any, but there has been a lot of over reaction in some posts.

Edited by Robert
  • Like 2

35-50% of what happens on the pitch is completely random according to analysts.  Good coaching can possibly make that closer to the 35%.  It’s one thing to be absolutely livid at the opposition or ref, often irrationally so, and generally accepted - but it is another thing entirely to be livid at the player(s) of your own team, never mind beyond that.  Following a team in Japan, where Torres now plays, I observed fans who would chuckle or say ‘awww’ when their team’s player messed up royally.  In British football we obviously have a different culture but even at Stamford Bridge last season I was pleasantly surprised by the individual praise put on a struggling team by individual songs and chants, and included their now departed manager.   Football is conducted at a frenetic pace, and the pinball variety we have makes it even harder.  Not to mention that good players can really struggle in teams where they may not have the same calibre around them. Polworth is our only star player, what with being the runaway assist player of the entire league last year.  Disclaimer:  I wasn’t at the game, granted, but perhaps remembering that 35-50% of the time players are simply dealing with chaos and chance, and that will be frustrating to a player who perhaps feels more pressure being the sole or minority Invernessian, would temper things a little.

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, AlexJones said:

What an obscene overreaction to a light hearted post trying to bring some levity to the thread. You're the one being miserable and abusive. If you find Kevin the teenager offensive I don't know what to else to say.  

Here is one for the oldies:

the young ones.jpg

Wow.  Some amount of comments.  I was in main stand so wasn’t aware of the verbals and wholly agree that chants against family unacceptable. In general I thought we were too narrow and lacked any real bite in the final third.  But would we have taken this start last year? Absolutely. I was really disappointed that the team were booed off though - I’m guilty of venting my spleen from time to time but the first home game in the league?  That’s no right!  We surely need to stop arguing among ourselves and get behind the team even if we think the performance was crap.  Notwithstanding this I reserve my right as a season ticket holder to criticise at will......? Mon ICT

2880FB60-8EF3-4DB3-9FD8-8E678C0B5EE4.gif

• Agree 2

11 hours ago, CaleyD said:

I've heard this case made a few times over the years and it's one made purely on direct income....no credit is ever given to it's value as a marketing/PR/communication tool.

We'll spend thousands on marketing companies/consultants etc but baulk at the idea of losing a few quid producing a programme.

Very shortsighted, IMO.

The automatic season ticket gates are to replace staffing (eventually). The online ticketing and printing will replace walk ups and lead to zero hours catering and stewarding (as clubs can pin exact attendance to ratio needed).  Catering will soon be from vending machines.  It’s the same as is being seen in supermarkets, cinemas, airports, and such like.  Sadly programmes are the price to be paid:   progress for the sake of progress.  

• Agree 1

• Scotty unfeatured and unpinned this topic