He's One Of Our Own

RednBlackComeback

1 hour ago, The Long Man said:

The only thing we can do is make sure there is a backlash against these clowns by showing our support for Liam and the team - it must upset the other players too, which is doubly damaging. I have a feeling a lot of people will want to make that point, so let's make it clear if he plays tomorrow night - though I think he might be taken out of the firing line to calm the situation down.

No doubt the behaviour of the idiots in the crowd was a factor in the rather lack lustre performance following the penalty and the sending off.  I agree that it is extremely important for all the team that they get some proper support tomorrow.  Gates for these cup gates tend to be pretty poor but hopefully fans who were shocked and disgusted at Saturday's events will make an effort to get to the game and give some loud support to the team and particularly to Liam.

I very much hope and expect Liam will play.  He has a point to prove and I imagine after the hurt of Saturday he will be fired up and will have the crowd with him.  After the backlash, he is not going to get abuse  tomorrow night and I fail to see what possible benefit there would be to him or the team in leaving him out.  We are the champions and we will need to field our strongest team if we are to defend our title against strong  opposition.  Nobody should be in any doubt that our strongest team has Liam Polworth  at its heart.

• Agree 3

Absolutely disgusting behaviour from the morons in the home end! Those involved are not supporters but mindless idiots who don't seem to realise that if a player misses a penalty he most likely needs a pick-me-up and not a torrent of abuse aimed at his family. Utter pillocks whom I hope never set foot inside caley Park again! Disgraceful!!!!

• Like 1

Despite a season ban I hope they've been made to apologies to Liam and his family. They should also be made to clean to stadium toilets with a toothbrush.

• Agree 1

Often if critical of a player or performance on this forum there are useless happy to tar those with the same brush as the fans shouting match abuse. I wasn't at the game but if what's written is correct then it's utterly unacceptable however nobody has stated any action taken other than internet posts.

Did anyone or a group approach the culprits or stewards to address this at the time? The stewards have a duty to tackle this behaviour and should be ejecting fans based on our club policy given by the board if they are not then it needs highlighted at the top level in the club as the service being paid for is not in keeping with club policy.

• Agree 2

20 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

Often if critical of a player or performance on this forum there are useless happy to tar those with the same brush as the fans shouting match abuse. I wasn't at the game but if what's written is correct then it's utterly unacceptable however nobody has stated any action taken other than internet posts.

Did anyone or a group approach the culprits or stewards to address this at the time? The stewards have a duty to tackle this behaviour and should be ejecting fans based on our club policy given by the board if they are not then it needs highlighted at the top level in the club as the service being paid for is not in keeping with club policy.

The stewards heard it same as rest of us in that area. 

Other fans did shout at them to shut it at time.

Great they heard it but if they took no action those at the game need to make the club aware. I've no idea what we spend in stewards costs but not so long ago there was a letter from the board to the fans stating acceptable conduct if those on match day who are paid to monitor and enforce these rules then what's the point in them being there or the club paying for that service.

17 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

Great they heard it but if they took no action those at the game need to make the club aware. I've no idea what we spend in stewards costs but not so long ago there was a letter from the board to the fans stating acceptable conduct if those on match day who are paid to monitor and enforce these rules then what's the point in them being there or the club paying for that service.

The stewards are utterly useless. They'll only do something if it is a very small group of fans for fear of other supporters getting involved.

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, RiG said:

The stewards are utterly useless. They'll only do something if it is a very small group of fans for fear of other supporters getting involved.

The young team are lucky polly never done to them what he done to kellagher eh mind best watch I got abuse on here for slagging big kellagher last time 

JR's comments in the DUFC programme imply that local players or 'ones of our own' are more likely to be abused than those from outside the area.  I can see Caleyboy's point in not wanting to give oxygen to this but the fact remains it is on BBC, CTO, Twitter, ICTFC website and now in the programme (albeit digitally).  

I hope it is not a case of familiarity breeding contempt, we will likely be seeing many more local, home-grown players.  I think the only positives from a negative is that these people were identified by the club and the stewards, and support, will be more of a mind to draw attention to this, or other such abuse (but hopefully need not)  and the rest is as bdu98196 says.

12 hours ago, RiG said:

From what I've seen of our stewards they only seem interested in getting 'involved' if the problem involves anyone up to the age of 16 . 

• Agree 2

18 hours ago, RiG said:

That's exactly the point if this really is the case then as fans we need to highlight this to the upper levels at the club and expect action. We can't be sent behavioural guidelines for match days then have those who are paid to perform these duties ignore them.

If the abuse was as blatant as described and heard throughout the stadium then the directors assuming they were at the game must have heard it to therefore they need to address the steward issues directly or are no better than the other hypocrites running clubs and Scottish football when it comes to abuse and acceptability.

• Agree 2