Bans

Jack Waddington

ICT have just issued the statement that all culprits of the chanting on Saturday have been identified and have issued bans to them. Anyone know how long these bans would be for? Would expect a Rest of Season ban, but if it was a life ban (highly unlikely) it would seem a tad harsh...anyone got any inside info on it (i.e. a mate who was handed a ban?)

• Facepalm 2

I would guess, and I stress guess, that if the club have identified people that are known to them as having caused problems in the past then any ban might be of the longer variety but if they are first time offenders it might be a bit more lenient. Guess it completely depends on who is involved though :furtive:

1 hour ago, Jack Waddington said:

ICT have just issued the statement that all culprits of the chanting on Saturday have been identified and have issued bans to them. Anyone know how long these bans would be for? Would expect a Rest of Season ban, but if it was a life ban (highly unlikely) it would seem a tad harsh...anyone got any inside info on it (i.e. a mate who was handed a ban?)

Personally, I believe that if those banned are prepared to apologise either in writing or, better still, in person to Liam Polworth then the bans should be lifted immediately.

The conduct was terrible but we all make mistakes and deserve a second chance.

If, on the other hand, they are not prepared to acknowledge that they did wrong and say sorry, then I would have no difficulty with those involved being banned for the rest of the season.

• Like 2
  • Agree 5

Just now, Doofer said:

I think this kind of abhorrent abuse must not be tolerated in any way - life bans for the lot of them - Disgusting !!!!!!!!

Disgusting indeed and bans are appropriate but for life is too harsh.

We all mature and learn and we need to encourage as many young and enthusiastic fans as possible.

If these people can demonstrate that they are truly remorseful then they should get back. If not, as I've opined before, they should be banned for the rest of this season but with the proviso that if they offend again in a similar manner once they get back that ban will be extended to five years.

• Agree 1

At the very least it will not happen, or be allowed to happen again. The people responsible know what the outcome will be and I suspect that many others know who they are. But if they choose to return then they should be confronted and if there is no remorse then it is a simple case of showing them the door permanently. I am not sure that they actually understand the damage that they have done to the clubs reputation.

14 hours ago, Kingsmills said:

Personally, I believe that if those banned are prepared to apologise either in writing or, better still, in person to Liam Polworth then the bans should be lifted immediately.

The conduct was terrible but we all make mistakes and deserve a second chance.

If, on the other hand, they are not prepared to acknowledge that they did wrong and say sorry, then I would have no difficulty with those involved being banned for the rest of the season.

Sorry I cannot agree, do you really believe that by giving or sending an apology the morons responsible will truly feel any remorse over their actions? In all probability they are of the sniggering, sneering,  ignoranimous variety that revel in such behaviour who would take that as a slap on the hand and a pat on the head and laugh at the clubs lerniency.  No they deserve the ban and any other punishment given.

Do you afford the same response to people that you ban from here ??

• Agree 2

12 minutes ago, bughtmaster said:

Do you afford the same response to people that you ban from here ??

Yes. People very seldom get banned from this site and those who apologise for their actions and give an undertaking not to repeat them will almost always be given a second chance.

You said it yourself Kingsmills. “As with everything in life, there are exceptions” And sadly some people just never do learn no matter how many chances they are given.

Edited by Hearach
Extra r

I've just read the chairman's statement and I agree this type of abuse should not be tolerated. There is however no specific mention of how long the ban will be so it will be interesting to hear what it is. He does however once again mention ICT is a FAMILY Club - does he really believe this? What exactly is a family club and what has he and his board done to make it so?

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, caleyboy said:

I've just read the chairman's statement and I agree this type of abuse should not be tolerated. There is however no specific mention of how long the ban will be so it will be interesting to hear what it is. He does however once again mention ICT is a FAMILY Club - does he really believe this? What exactly is a family club and what has he and his board done to make it so?

Family friendly. Means they won't tolerate excessive swearing etc.

22 hours ago, Jack Waddington said:

100% agree with the club on this. There can be zero tolerance for the abuse that was aimed at Liam last weekend. No excuses, no mitigating factors and no wiggle room. I would leave the club to determine length of ban but at a minimum it should be end of calendar year if not the end of the season.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Scotty said:

100% agree with the club on this. There can be zero tolerance for the abuse that was aimed at Liam last weekend. No excuses, no mitigating factors and no wiggle room. I would leave the club to determine length of ban but at a minimum it should be end of calendar year if not the end of the season.

That length of ban would seem to me to be entirely reasonable and proportionate. Those calling for lifetime bans should bear in mind that there is a despicable character who has been judicially determined to be a rapist able to earn a living as a professional footballer in Scotland. Those responsible for Saturday's appalling behaviour did a very bad thing but hardly in the same league of evil.

• Agree 1

Sad to say, we have had a nasty element amongst some of our younger supporters for a couple of seasons. I have seen some of them challenge away fans to fight, use disgusting language and generally behave badly. I have challenged them, and bear in mind I was wearing a club scarf and baseball cap so they knew I was an ICT supporter, and was threatened by them. Upon telling them to basically go away or else I would literally take them apart, they backed off showing what cowards they are. We have also seen fighting at Elgin and damage done to Brechin's ground by some of our younger so called fans who, when banned by the club, had posters on here saying that was harsh.  At some point, these so called supporters have to be made of an example of and a true deterrent set. Just banning them for a season is, in my opinion, unlikely to cut it with these morons.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1