Inverness CT -V- Dunfermline

Scotty

Poor start to the season by any1s standards out of 2 cups already love a wee cup run! SOS for the only man who can save us the legend that is yogi Hughes least he had a philosophy albeit boring to watch at times was thinking a statue of the big man is something we should look into!

• Like 1
  • Agree 3
  • Funny 2
  • Facepalm 3

6 minutes ago, Alan Simpson said:

Poor start to the season by any1s standards out of 2 cups already love a wee cup run! SOS for the only man who can save us the legend that is yogi Hughes least he had a philosophy albeit boring to watch at times was thinking a statue of the big man is something we should look into!

John Hughes oversaw the start of our demise and complained very publicly about his player budget which was the highest in our history and about three times what we have available now.

He could not save Raith Rovers from relegation from the Championship and, in the process caused huge dressing room unrest and division. He is certainly not the man to lead us to promotion now. We are two games in to the league season. We are unbeaten and yet to concede a league goal. Why not just get behind the manager, coaches and players and support the team.

• Agree 3
  • Facepalm 2

59 minutes ago, Alan Simpson said:

I'm trying to work out If you post these because you like to be controversial, or like collecting red dots, or that you actually believe them.

• Funny 2

49 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

John Hughes oversaw the start of our demise and complained very publicly about his player budget which was the highest in our history and about three times what we have available now.

He could not save Raith Rovers from relegation from the Championship and, in the process caused huge dressing room unrest and division. He is certainly not the man to lead us to promotion now. We are two games in to the league season. We are unbeaten and yet to concede a league goal. Why not just get behind the manager, coaches and players and support the team.

The board fcked us letting the cup winning squads contracts run down trying to replace them with £400 a week journeymen been to tight to sign up Storey and then replacing the great man with the cheap option of fckin Foran sheer madness don't believe everything you read yogi worked wonders on buttons best passing team in the league us! He got aRaith squad low on skill and confidence look at his achievements at Falkirk and ourselves legend! Ye I no will still be a decent season I reckon defo see us in the play offs at least 

3 minutes ago, Jaggernaut said:

I'm trying to work out If you post these because you like to be controversial, or like collecting red dots, or that you actually believe them.

Haha any publicitys good publicity eh! Yogis name always gets s bite or2! But ye I really rated him as a manager tbh the previous board defo used him as a fall guy to an extent problems didn't come up overnight they had the chance to flog him to our now rivals DUFC

4 minutes ago, Alan Simpson said:

Haha any publicitys good publicity eh! Yogis name always gets s bite or2! But ye I really rated him as a manager tbh the previous board defo used him as a fall guy to an extent problems didn't come up overnight they had the chance to flog him to our now rivals DUFC

The end of a bell award goes to ...... ?

Just now, DoofersDad said:

Under Yogi we were certainly the best at passing sideways and backwards but I'm afraid he never quite grasped the importance of passing the ball forward.

Dunno bout that I can remember seeing some hidings dished out by our good selves under Yogis expert guidance! A bit of investment before the cup final we were all set to takeover from Aberdeen as best of the rest! Now we can't even beat fckin Ayr or Morton at home!

16 minutes ago, Alan Simpson said:

Dunno bout that I can remember seeing some hidings dished out by our good selves under Yogis expert guidance! A bit of investment before the cup final we were all set to takeover from Aberdeen as best of the rest! Now we can't even beat fckin Ayr or Morton at home!

We were 2nd in the league when Yogi took over. With the squad Butcher had built up and the way they were playing, finishing the league in 2nd place was very much on the cards without any further investment.  Instead we slumped to 5th.

It is interesting  that despite the current manager's comments on the Dunfermline game, according to Sky Sports, we had 18 goal attempts.  In all his time here I reckon you can probably count on the fingers of one hand the number of times a team under Yogi had that many.  

• Funny 1

4 minutes ago, DoofersDad said:

We were 2nd in the league when Yogi took over. With the squad Butcher had built up and the way they were playing, finishing the league in 2nd place was very much on the cards without any further investment.  Instead we slumped to 5th.

It is interesting  that despite the current manager's comments on the Dunfermline game, according to Sky Sports, we had 18 goal attempts.  In all his time here I reckon you can probably count on the fingers of one hand the number of times a team under Yogi had that many.  

That was glory days under both managers shocking that squad earned us zero money poor poor management! It was a pars youth team Alness Utd would've given them a go ! True some of yogis games could bore u to tears also some classics tho I can mind a couple of seasons ago going to Patrick we absolutely battered them best footy iv ever seen ict play beat them 4-1! 

It's all getting rather off topic. However Hughes did very well with Butcher's excellent signings no question. It unravelled badly when he had to make his own. Pretty simple tbh.

Foran as manager was an utter farce from start to finish. 

• Agree 3

23 minutes ago, Fraz said:

It's all getting rather off topic. However Hughes did very well with Butcher's excellent signings no question. It unravelled badly when he had to make his own. Pretty simple tbh.

Foran as manager was an utter farce from start to finish. 

Just a bit of banter tbh gets people talking tho eh nothing like a wee debate eh lol!

I can't fault effort by either the players or the coaches

But something is wrong?  Is it the players, or is it the tactics ?

That is the question, or is it both

Maybe todays game will  give us the answer

5 minutes ago, Laurence said:

I can't fault effort by either the players or the coaches

But something is wrong?  Is it the players, or is it the tactics ?

That is the question, or is it both

Maybe todays game will  give us the answer

No game on the day is there league cup Alloa nxt Saturday tho should be a good one!

9 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

Nothing much worse than a Saturday afternoon without a game during the season.

Its ok for me I am watching the World Pipe Band Championships online :smile:

IBM,    I would love to watch that also so I might scan around looking for the World Pipe Band Championship on the T.V.

You do know that Simon Fraser University,  whose home domicile is in East Vancouver , British Columbia, Canada has won the "World's "" Championship 6 times already and some of their piping in these tournaments was so perfectly in unison etc. that I was goggle -eyed watching and listening to the excellence and beauty of it. They do allow  very fine and highly trained pipers from overseas countries to be amalgamated into their ranks but the standards of play are never relaxed. This year I don't think they will be quite up to winning the title but we shall see where they will end up.

A little aside. : There are two major Universities in Vancouver. B.C. …  Simon Fraser and the  University of B.C otherwise mostly referred to as  "U<B<C> The latter has room for some 50,000 to 60,000 students and is situated way out on the Western edge of the promontory with huge lands and is on the promontory which Vancouver City is part of and which juts out into the Pacific Ocean.

Simon Fraser University is situated on top of a hill on the East Side of the city and is  a beautiful building  right on the top that looks more like a Roman Colosseum and has a wonderful view right down the Eastern Valley  where the Pacific Ocean steadily infiltrates. It's a progressive University though and the gardens and views are spellbinding all round.