Inverness CT -V- Dunfermline

Scotty

We lost many good players after the cup win (Ofere, Watkins, Christie, Shinnie), yogis replacements were poor. He tried to play the same style with lesser players. He started the downward spiral, took the huff when the board wouldn't let him speak to Utd then engineered his way out the club, picking fights over anything he could (much like mourinho now). Both parties suffered badly from his actions. A humble man would reflect on this and admit his errors. However yogis still churns the nonsense that if the board gave him money he would have kept us at that level. His replacements he signed make that statement pretty nonsensical. 

• Agree 3

2 hours ago, Alan Simpson said:

Would you think yogi would get us out of the championship or do you prefer Robbos chances? Obvs I'm in team Yogi!

Depends if he was taking over a squad that needed pretty significant doing up. Hughes is a fantastic coach but as a manager I think he falls down on account of the fact he is extremely poor in the transfer market. I think Robbo is slightly better on that front whereas I would say Hughes would be better on the tactical side.

43 minutes ago, RiG said:

Depends if he was taking over a squad that needed pretty significant doing up. Hughes is a fantastic coach but as a manager I think he falls down on account of the fact he is extremely poor in the transfer market. I think Robbo is slightly better on that front whereas I would say Hughes would be better on the tactical side.

True some signings were ropey mind Lopez he was shocking unlucky with injuries to Sho Silva and the winger Roberts they were decent ! See another yogi signing back Mutombo at Patrick good player for us hopefully ***** at Patrick lol

13 hours ago, Alan Simpson said:

True some signings were ropey mind Lopez he was shocking unlucky with injuries to Sho Silva and the winger Roberts they were decent ! See another yogi signing back Mutombo at Patrick good player for us hopefully ***** at Patrick lol

Roberts was indeed a decent looking player but Hughes didn't seem to want to play him once he came back from injury.

ICTChris has made a point in the past about how few players have been signed over recent years who actually improved the team. I don't think Foran really signed anyone who made our team better. Under Hughes perhaps Storey is the best example of player coming in to improve on what we had. You could maybe argue that between that Storey signing for us and Donaldson arriving we never signed a player that was really any better than what was already at the club :laugh: 

2 hours ago, RiG said:

Roberts was indeed a decent looking player but Hughes didn't seem to want to play him once he came back from injury.

ICTChris has made a point in the past about how few players have been signed over recent years who actually improved the team. I don't think Foran really signed anyone who made our team better. Under Hughes perhaps Storey is the best example of player coming in to improve on what we had. You could maybe argue that between that Storey signing for us and Donaldson arriving we never signed a player that was really any better than what was already at the club :laugh: 

Rumour has it Storey was found by Kenny Cameron not Yogi as well. 

1 hour ago, old caley girl said:

Rumour has it Storey was found by Kenny Cameron not Yogi as well. 

I didn't say Hughes signed him just that he was the last player arguably to come in who improved the team before Coll :wink:

Hughes has admitted that it was Cameron who put him (Storey) forward:

https://www.inverness-courier.co.uk/Sport/Football/Caley-Thistle-are-Miles-better-with-new-forward-Storey-08102015.htm

Edited by RiG

5 minutes ago, RiG said:

I didn't say Hughes signed him just that he was the last player arguably to come in who improved the team before Coll :wink:

Hughes has admitted that it was Cameron who put him (Storey) forward:

https://www.inverness-courier.co.uk/Sport/Football/Caley-Thistle-are-Miles-better-with-new-forward-Storey-08102015.htm

Was it not also Cameron who thought the sun shone out of Forans ass and also thought signing Mcnaughton aka sick note was a great move

• Like 1

Ulp! A lot of negativity in this thread. Can we please get a little more upbeat and try to dwell on positive aspects  within the club. Like.....er….moving on to pastures new. Where the sun shines all day, like.:cheer01:

And advising the Pimple why his typing frequently reverts to Capitals when he knows that  he did not instruct this? Even with bad eyesight and senility peaking ….HELP!

2 hours ago, Scarlet Pimple said:

Ulp! A lot of negativity in this thread. Can we please get a little more upbeat and try to dwell on positive aspects  within the club. Like.....er….moving on to pastures new. Where the sun shines all day, like.:cheer01:

And advising the Pimple why his typing frequently reverts to Capitals when he knows that  he did not instruct this? Even with bad eyesight and senility peaking ….HELP!

Be way more positive Saturday affo after we undoubtedly thrash Alloa thought I was done seeing them 10 years ago lol

1 minute ago, The Long Man said:

Fisher was a great signing who Foran refused to play because he fell out with him. A few goals from him might have saved the day.

True story our leading goal scorer that year only played a dozen games! Cross Foran and you were doomed **** manager great cage fighter!