FIFA eradicates corruption !

Scotty

Avaricious and rapacious - seldom do I get to take these words for a walk.  Sadly, it is what we don't know or hear about that will be even worse...I will not be watching Qatar 2022 and hope sponsors with any semblance of ethics will have fled from it by then.  

• Agree 1

What the article is not clear about is the mechanisms for approving such policies .  It is all very well for officials to draw up changes but some committees of representatives of member Associations must surely approve them and the Committees themselves will be accountable to the body as whole. What then is the position of UK FAs?  Are they opposing this or are they doing FA?  The sums of money floating around at the top level of football these days are totally obscene.  It would appear that what to us ordinary people is corruption is just a fact of life to those at the top of the administrative tree.

• Agree 1

The FAs of England and Scotland once bailed them out did they not - before materialism needed peddlers, I mean, marketing and advertising executives... - in exchange for eternal separate associations.  I can't recall where I read it sadly.  Anyway, England and FIFA have become too bitter a rivalry and that sadly has meant any move from England's FA is seen as an attack for the sake of it, or to get the WC in England or take control of FIFA etc. and we are the poorer for it.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...