Owain Tudor Jones interviews Gary Warren

cif73

Took their time to get started. Nearly switched off. Okay in the end, but OTJ clearly loves himself and should find the 'edit' button to cut out the waffle. 

The days of humble hosts (Parkinson, James) have long gone.  We don't get much so I will take it from wherever it comes from, especially if it relates to Gary Warren.  I thought the Castle Tavern story was good at the start?  

There doesn't seem to be any repeat of the Open Night that the club held this time last year, so I will take my connections where I can - podcasts from Somerset and all! 

Warren comes across well as a passionate guy with a plan for moving forwards into coaching and a desire to help develop youth - he admits to not being a great academic but you clearly studies his former managers techniques to learn from. He was very professional in his details of leaving by simply stating he was not wanted or had outstayed his welcome - I'm sure the reality is he could have said much more but remained composed - but he does seem like a guy who will continue in the game in the future. Perhaps that's a loss for us given our limited return on young players and the leadership and respect he commanded from all.

Thanks for posting this. Fascinating to hear about the Butcher years from the inside, the dressing room chats, Draper's first appearance, Steve Marcella and the Christmas party. Makes me very nostalgic about the glory years and the squad we had then. Two good guys.

• Agree 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/21/2018 at 11:02 AM, The Long Man said:

Thanks for posting this. Fascinating to hear about the Butcher years from the inside, the dressing room chats, Draper's first appearance, Steve Marcella and the Christmas party. Makes me very nostalgic about the glory years and the squad we had then. Two good guys.

Agreed. Finally got round to listening and it brought back some great memories of better days. Already forgotten how good we were.