Michael 'Spike' MacKenzie

Stuart Goodacre

Hello

Does anyone remember the late Michael 'Spike' Mackenzie. Used to run the West End Chippie with his wife Margaret on Young St, around the 1980s? (before it became a restaurant). He sadly passed several years ago and I'm don't know if Margaret is still around. 

I'm desperately trying to contact his lad - don't even know what his name is. But Michael was a very important witness to an event that happened back in the 1970s. And I have been reliably informed he told his son about it. Nobody's done anything wrong - I just need his son to be able to confirm what his dad saw.

I appreciate this post sounds a bit daft and obscure. But it is important.  

If anyone knows Michael's son or knows of him, could they let me know on this forum and then I can give a contact email or whatever the forum's rules permit in the way of being able to make some contact.

Thanks in advance and best of luck for the season. For the record, I'm from England (I know...) and support a 3rd Div team, and I don't think we've signed up any of your lads, or vice versa. 

Stuart

Hello

Yes it is. The story's a bit badly written as they didn't bother to contact me, just lifted it from my crowdfunding page.

But yes that's the story. Michael Mackenzie was an important material witness and that's why I'm trying to contact his son. I've only just found out that he had a son, hence the post.

Is it okay to post here asking for this?

4 minutes ago, Stuart Goodacre said:

Is it okay to post here asking for this?

I'm not a moderator, so that's not for me to answer.

I've just come across your crowdfunding page - https://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/solving-an-unsolved-murder

The obvious question is whether your two suspects - whom you propose to name - are still alive.  Likely legal problems there, I'd have thought.

Even if they are dead, it's my personal opinion that airing all this in public before giving your information to the police isn't the best way to do it.

Thanks for reading the crowdfunding page rather than just the Express.  Its appreciated. 

There's a couple of things I can't really say on here but I totally see your point about the airing. However, there's a very valid reason. 

Did you know the MacKenzies or their son?

Edited by Stuart Goodacre
spelling correction

I have been very interested in the "Macrae Murders", for more than forty years now.

Stuart Goodacre, why have you taken all this time to consider to disclose your information?

If it is the same "Spike Mackenzie", you are trying to contact (that i remember), that is old Spike, i think he used to own a  boutique in Inverness.He also had a son who went by the name of Spike,who will be in his "Forties", now.

Edited by Dock of the Bay
Improved formatting

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On ‎8‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 11:19 AM, Dock of the Bay said:

I have been very interested in the "Macrae Murders", for more than forty years now.

Stuart Goodacre, why have you taken all this time to consider to disclose your information?

If it is the same "Spike Mackenzie", you are trying to contact (that i remember), that is old Spike, i think he used to own a  boutique in Inverness.He also had a son who went by the name of Spike,who will be in his "Forties", now.

I think that everyone from the Inverness area who was around at the time is very interested in the mystery. Right now, what is interesting me is why this individual who claims he has information which can assist the police in solving a serious long standing apparent crime is not handing that information over to the police instead of trying to capitalise on it.

• 8 months later...
On 8/21/2018 at 5:27 PM, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

You have undoubtedly and unwittingly spoiled any chance of any future action been taken. It is all heresay.

Maybe not ?

A man has been charged in connection with the murder of a mother and son who disappeared more than 40 years ago.

Renee MacRae and three-year-old Andrew were last seen driving out of Inverness on November 12, 1976.

The 36-year-old mother-of-two's BMW was found burnt-out in a lay-by on the A9 near Dalmagarry, 12 miles south of the city, but the pair have never been seen since.

A 77-year-old man was arrested in the north of England on Wednesday and charged in connection with their deaths.

He is due to appear in Inverness Sheriff Court later today.

A detailed forensic search of Leanach Quarry, near Inverness, continues and the bodies of Ms MacRae and Andrew have not been recovered.

A 77-year-old man has been charged with the murders of a mother and her young son more than 40 years ago.

Renee MacRae, 36, from Inverness, and Andrew, three, vanished on 12 November 1976.

William MacDowell, of Penrith, appeared in private at Inverness Sheriff Court. He also faces two charges of attempting to pervert the course of justice.

He made no plea, was committed for further examination and granted bail by Sheriff Margaret Neilson.