Machado matters

jed5697

52 minutes ago, Alan Simpson said:

Is this a fckin wind up another foreigner pretending to be a footballer and a defender at that when our strikers can't hit an elephants arse from 5 metres!

He is a German under 21. He came here under the recommendation of his Godmother - John Hughes. He's staying on a tent at the Tore roundabout mean time. ?

He is 17 year old Brazilian from Sao Paulo playing for the Red Bull Franchise in Brazil at a youth level while appearing a few times for their first team in friendlies, he seems to play in the attacking midfield role (Shinniesta role as more commonly known). 

Edited by caleydawson

This Internationalisation is cute and inspiring  --  IF he succeeds. Let's see what transpires before stifling any more grins, eh?

Alan, you are quite an expressive guy. Smile.  You are growing on me.

Just like mini Scarlet except that  he has been told to quit whilst he is ahead. Has just recovered from his 2nd heart operation ( sorry …"second procedure" for the purists) and is doing well but unlikely to reach a very old situation. After 6-7 months off work  plus rehabilitation, etc.,  he is back in the driving seat of  a Vancouver city bus.  Now deemed a veteran and gets to choose his own routes and has received a public citation for 25 years good work before the mast and will shortly retire on a decent pension  with no further worries about bashes and smashes.  RIGHT-ON, Mate.        Like the Easter Bunny over here ...can take a licking but keeps on ticking.

A bit off topic Scotty but it's a slow day so please forgive me.

1 hour ago, CaleyD said:

I may be wrong (it happened once before), but I'm pretty sure getting a work permit for a 17yr old is nigh on impossible.

Hopefully I am wrong and he goes on to great things for us ?

Not exactly sure how it works, apparently (according to MFR's post on their twitter) the kid's dad got a work opportunity, also, he's 17, so I'm not sure whether he'd be covered as a child or an adult, as I am pretty sure he'd be asking the British Government for a work visa rather than the Scottish Government. But the weird thing is according to Visalogic (http://www.visalogic.net/uk/sportsperson-visas/4/138), they have to intend to base themselves in the UK (which is that box ticked off) AND internationally established at the highest level of their particular sport (which is an iffy one), and a tier one (general) migrant isn't entitled to seek or take up employment as a professional sportsperson. Think, depending if this fails, we might have a Marius Niculae situation again...only hopefully without him trying to kill the club when he leaves...

Hoping that it will work out fine with no problems though...

EDIT: Correction, he is 17, not 16

Edited by Jack Waddington

Just now, Kingsmills said:
On 8/22/2018 at 7:03 PM, Alan Simpson said:

Is this a fckin wind up another foreigner pretending to be a footballer and a defender at that when our strikers can't hit an elephants arse from 5 

What is the fact that he is a 'foreigner' got to do with anything ? Leaving that aside, it seems that you are as well informed as ever in referring to an attacking midfielder as a defender.

Why don't you wind your neck in and give the lad a chance ?

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

What is the fact that he is a 'foreigner' got to do with anything ? Leaving that aside, it seems that you are as well informed as ever in referring to an attacking midfielder as a defender.

Why don't you wind your neck in and give the lad a chance ?

Our forays in to the foreign market have been wasteful and embarrassing pal it was quoted earlier he was a defender give our own young guns a chance I just can't see a decent Brazilian coming to the wilderness hopefully I'm wrong but if u fancy a wager brother in yer man!

Yes, as JW says, P&J also say "Machado, 17, previously played for Red Bull Brasil in his homeland but has relocated to Scotland due to his father’s work commitments.

After impressing on trial at Caledonian Stadium in recent weeks, Machado has done enough to earn a deal with the Highlanders and he will be added to the club’s under-18s squad".

As an U-18 dependant of his (presumably tier 2 visa holder) father he can work as he wishes, and his father can extend his visa once he turns 18 too.  

I think the "Mummy/Daddy is moving for work and taking their child with them so they can play football for a professional club" loophole was closed a long time ago (as it was being abused, particularly south of the border) and that dependents, whatever age, are required to meet the Tier 2 Sportsperson criteria in their own right.

if you are unable to read the Official club statement, here is the press release in full.

Inverness Caledonian Thistle are delighted to announce the signing of Matheus Machado, subject to international clearance.

A box-to-box midfielder, 17-year-old Matheus was previously at Red Bull Brazil in Sao Paulo.

Matheus said: "I feel absolutely blessed with the opportunity of moving from Sao Paulo to the Highlands, a place that looks like a real paradise to me. To have the chance to sign my first professional Contract with Inverness Caledonian Thistle F.C. by the age of 17yrs old just makes everything even more special. I'm very proud of being accepted to join the squad. Now it's all about work hard to learn from and with my teammates, aiming to contribute to Club's success".

Manager John Robertson said: “Matheus will go into the youth team squad and he's one we have high hopes for in the future. We've brought him in and he's trained with us for a couple of weeks and he's done very well. This deal is subject to international clearance, his club in Brazil are quite happy for him to move here and play football. Hopefully, we can tie up the loose ends and then he can join the young squad and we'll see how he does." 

Matheus has agreed a two-year deal.

Regardless of the ins and outs, it's a great thing for our U18s to have a player who will have been coached and trained in a very different setting.  Such diversity can only be good and will also reduce any humdrum - positives all.

A two-year deal does depend on his father's visa length being honoured, and a renewal once turning 18.  He can work, given he will assumedly be on more than a visit visa (i.e. 6mnths +) but only his BRP (Biometric Residence Permit) will say so on the front what it allows.  Likely 20 hrs.   It was mooted in 2015 to restrict the dependant visa but no evidence it ever materialised.  This is the Home Office - all bets are off.

I'm wondering if that press release is just very poorly written.

It doesn't actually say he has signed a pro contract, it says "to have the chance to sign".  If he is 16 and going in to the youths for now, with a view to that leading to fulfilling some kind of criteria to allow him to sign a pro contract "by the age of 17 yrs old"....then that would make far more sense.

3 minutes ago, Glover said:

Regardless of the ins and outs, it's a great thing for our U18s to have a player who will have been coached and trained in a very different setting.  Such diversity can only be good and will also reduce any humdrum - positives all.

A two-year deal does depend on his father's visa length being honoured, and a renewal once turning 18.  He can work, given he will assumedly be on more than a visit visa (i.e. 6mnths +) but only his BRP (Biometric Residence Permit) will say so on the front what it allows.  Likely 20 hrs.   It was mooted in 2015 to restrict the dependant visa but no evidence it ever materialised.  This is the Home Office - all bets are off.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/722471/PBS_Dependant_Guidance_07-2018.pdf

Section 59 - Conditions of Stay