Machado matters

jed5697

No idea what he's like, but always find it odd that we sign so many young players with this one at 17 being a bit younger than most yet really seem to limit opportunities for our own youngsters around a similar age - over the years we've seen young lads come in and sit on the bench a few times without ever really getting any game time. Lets hope this one is different and not just because of his nationality and expectation he will be silky skilled. (he still has to overcome a wet windy Tue night in Dec against Alloa yet at TCS)

People are so unnecessarily and negatively snippy about a new signing. The kid is at Culloden Academy, so in my book he is a local. Support the young lad instead of droning on as if you are all lawyers and are determined to stereotype him as a 'foreigner. What is this, ukip corner?

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

I would also like point out the lad has called Inverness "a real paradise", so that promotes him to ambassador at least:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45289943

We have also signed a lad from Lewis, but he hasn't said anything about the other worldly qualities of Inverness, so I guess he is more of a foreigner.

But seriously, the investment in youth and their encouraging results is an exciting development for the future. Bring them on.

41 minutes ago, The Long Man said:

ImBut seriously, the investment in youth and their encouraging results is an exciting development for the future. Bring them on.

When is this future you speak of? We've had a succesful Youth setup for as long as I can remember and not too many are making it through to our first team.

That's no slight on the youth setup, or even ICTFC, it's indicative of a national system that ploughs money into vanity projects with catchy names instead of doing what's needed to bridge the gap and bring young players through properly.

If you think that's going to change any time soon, you're delusional.

Robbo has been making lots of noise about using Youth, yet when he has a chance in tournaments such as the North of Scotland Cup, he fills the team with more senior players. Instead he throws a load of youngsters into a senior cup match and then tears them apart publicly when they don't win.

I don't see that changing any time soon either!!

21 minutes ago, The Long Man said:

You are so cynical and defeatist. Nothing the club does is good enough for you.

Is it ok for the CEO of this football club to have never directly engaged with fans since Nov 2017, or three months - 'officially' May 2018.  Is it ok for the Chairman to have not directly engaged for a year with fans (since August 15th 2017?) as per the club's own charter.  There is no engagement with supporters of any kind (hospitality and #BiggestShirtSales is not engagement).  The fact is the club's own charter, available on the club website states, reveals it isn't doing enough:

Communication

We are committed to ensuring that our supporters are kept informed by:

      Consulting our shareholders and supporters through on-going direct communication and opportunities to meet.

This is not something unique to CaleyD, ICT, or even Scotland.  I read in the news of Hull supporters last week demanding the same things.  The idea that ICT's board and senior management are somehow unaccountable to fans should definitely be met with cynicism, but at least such posts show no sign of defeatism.  Sadly, I feel that 'the club' and you are of one mind but that does not make it ok, right, or representative of what happens at other clubs.  

As always, I respect your input and differing opinion and this is just my own personal opinion in reply to yours.  I have no axe to grind, no allegiances to one nor the other, except to say I do not share how senior management see fans as some kind of Uriah Heep figure and feel it is harmful and indicates poor governance at play. 

12 hours ago, The Long Man said:

You are so cynical and defeatist. Nothing the club does is good enough for you.

I give credit where it is due....which is why I praised the efforts of the club's Youth Dept.  If only the rest were half as effective, we'd be laughing ?