What a load of rubbish.

BallisticSheriff

On 8/24/2018 at 9:07 PM, Row S said:

Here is the boring planning bit for any interested boffins (like me!):

The application was for a Screening Opinion from the Council (as Planning Authority) and environmental agencies such as SNH, SEPA and Marine Scotland. This was  required to determine if a full Environmental Impact Assessment is required to accompany a future planning application for the proposed development. The decision made on 17 July is that an EIA is not required but does not guarantee that there will not be environmental impacts or that the proposals will get planning permission. 

The land is currently zoned for potential waste management facilities and it is already licensed for this purpose. It is understood that the proposals are for further processing of waste already sorted that would normally sent straight to landfill (south of Perth near Glencarse I think).

On the potential future location of a new stadium, there is still a lot of land adjacent to the UHI Campus and the future prison site (?) which could be used. It is also next to the railway where a rail halt could be provided and will be almost directly connected to the new East Link Road (A9-A96 Inshes to Smithton), which will be a possible future bus route with a separate dedicated cycle lane.     

Just had a gander at Google Maps, and that place seems the (almost) perfect location for a stadium, links to the mainline and A9, with a potential link to the Aberdeen road, and would also bring opportunities for new housing estates to expand the only population. Only downside is, the distance from main transport hubs, the station and bus station are a good 50 minute walk away, and even though you brought up the topic of a small station there, I don't think it benefits out of town fans or people on the far side of town who can't drive. In all other aspects, it would more than certainly work it's worth. Easily shared training pitches with the UHI, Retail Park close by, which could also benefit the businesses there. But before this would happen (if it does) the Highland Council/City Council really need to get working, half the roads in the surrounding area would need to be worked on to handle the traffic, depending on where they're coming from in town or outside town. Only realistic problem is the money, we have no source of income that could possibly give us a chance of paying off the stadium. Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't there word of some guy planning to buy the club (or stadium) earlier this year? I think if that's the case, it could be our only hope of moving out of the Three (and a quarter) Stander Stadium. If this were to happen, and we move into that area (judging that nothing has been built there by then), I'd give a rough estimate of say about 2030/2040 ish by the time we move out of the TCS, and rather than tearing it down, hand it to Clach (if they're still around/out of the Highland League by then) on a loan lease clause, which would also give us some extra money to work with. Albeit it sounds a stupidly unrealistic theory, it could still happen, but it's only a matter of time. 

57 minutes ago, CaleyD said:

Where's the money coming from for all this?

The Environment Agency considers a wide range of different measures to address the flood and coastal erosion risk to communities and property. The measures needed for each location are considered on a case by case basis. Some of the measures that may be considered include:

• building flood and coastal defences
  • flood storage reservoirs
  • land management
  • portable defences

On 8/24/2018 at 9:07 PM, Row S said:

Here is the boring planning bit for any interested boffins (like me!):

The application was for a Screening Opinion from the Council (as Planning Authority) and environmental agencies such as SNH, SEPA and Marine Scotland. This was  required to determine if a full Environmental Impact Assessment is required to accompany a future planning application for the proposed development. The decision made on 17 July is that an EIA is not required but does not guarantee that there will not be environmental impacts or that the proposals will get planning permission. 

The land is currently zoned for potential waste management facilities and it is already licensed for this purpose. It is understood that the proposals are for further processing of waste already sorted that would normally sent straight to landfill (south of Perth near Glencarse I think).

On the potential future location of a new stadium, there is still a lot of land adjacent to the UHI Campus and the future prison site (?) which could be used. It is also next to the railway where a rail halt could be provided and will be almost directly connected to the new East Link Road (A9-A96 Inshes to Smithton), which will be a possible future bus route with a separate dedicated cycle lane.     

There are already extensive plans under consultation for the area next to UHI and the new prison though, and a new stadium isn’t part of them. 

There is very little wrong with the current location of the stadium if we were able to build three more permanent stands in addition to the single one we have and to retain and properly tarmac the car parks.

However, in reality we are struggling to finance putting a team on the park who can compete in the Championship. I am afraid that for the foreseeable future ant thought of moving or developing our current location is pie in the sky.

I am sure that the vast majority of us would settle for once more watching top flight football in our wonky three sided ground even if there was a waste facility nearby.

• Agree 1

58 minutes ago, LairdMattie said:

Any supermarkets interested in purchasing prime waterfront location close to motorway route? A la Saint Johns Town Eff Cee? 

The nearest motorway is south of Perth!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, IBM said:

The nearest motorway is south of Perth!

Fine fine, ill try that again, would Highland Council like to build a retail park on a Prime waterfront location close to a Dual Carriageway?

CaleyD, I thought The club owned the stadium just not the car park? 

• Funny 1

2 hours ago, LairdMattie said:

CaleyD, I thought The club owned the stadium just not the car park? 

You can have a debate about stadium ownership but its still not clear how much of the stadium we currently 'own' as confirmation of the deal to bring the stands back to club ownership does not appear to be published anywhere, all articles I have read say its close to a deal, but none say its done and dusted. However, the larger factor is that we own none of the land that the stadium sits on. It is leased from the council on a 99 year lease which has probably about 76 years to run if my math is correct (we moved in in 1996 but i think we signed the lease in 95).

If the deal did go through for Tulloch to gift the stands back to ICT, part of that deal was that they retained the 'ownership' of the lease on everything else outside the footprint of the actual stadium buildings (car parks and surrounding area). They agreed to allow the club access to those car parks "for the foreseeable future" whatever that means .... so really we dont have much to offer any potential developer !  certainly not enough to finance a new stadium build. If the deal has not gone through then  its a moot point as we would have no ownership or control over any of the land. 

https://www.ictfc.com/news/club-news/2082-significant-milestone-for-ictfc-as-tulloch-agrees-transfer-of-stadium-lease

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-42412584

8 hours ago, Scotty said:

...certainly not enough to finance a new stadium build. If the deal has not gone through then  its a moot point as we would have no ownership or control over any of the land.

Suppose we gotta polish this jewel in the crown then.

Bit of a shame that we dont have the funds or the fans for a 4th stand so we can get rid of the scaffolding which would tidy the stadium up no end. 

One day.... One day...

7 hours ago, LairdMattie said:

Bit of a shame that we dont have the funds or the fans for a 4th stand so we can get rid of the scaffolding which would tidy the stadium up no end. 

One day.... One day...

There's a gas pipe between the stadium and the A9. I recall reading it wouldn't be possible to build a west stand. Still reckon a new stadium should be built at the bught. 

21 minutes ago, MorayJaggie said:

What's wrong with converting the whole West side back into a safe standing area with a roof on?

Nothing but where is the money going to come from.  There are a lot of people in fairyland dreaming of things that would be great but we have NO chance of getting due to lack of money.

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, MorayJaggie said:

What's wrong with converting the whole West side back into a safe standing area with a roof on?

We couldn't afford to do any of these things when we were in the top half of the Premiership and reaching cup finals. There is no prospect whatsoever of doing it now.

Our one and only priority at the moment should be putting a team on the park capable of challenging for promotion.

• Agree 1

23 hours ago, LairdMattie said:

One day.... One day...

Personally while I'd like us to tidy up the haphazard mess that is the West of our ground of there was was money available (and there isn't) I'd prefer the main stand was roof was extended and more space created inside the stadium for a players gym proper physio room, more rentable function rooms etc. 

There's not much that can be done with the North or South stands which were built far too far away from the pitch.

Edit to add- lets be honest more seats are a waste of time and money we're getting about 2.5k 'customers', improving the stadium in other ways would be better. It's pretty sad that for all the time we spent in the Premier I can't think of anything at all we've done to improve the stadium or it's infrastructure. 

Edited by Fraz

On 8/30/2018 at 5:23 PM, TopSix said:

There's a gas pipe between the stadium and the A9. I recall reading it wouldn't be possible to build a west stand. Still reckon a new stadium should be built at the bught. 

No trying to start a rant, but as I have said (on the previous page of this topic), a Bught Park Stadium would (more than likely) never come into existance. 1. Space is too small, no matter at what angle, the TCS is considerably larger (if not near the same size) than the space of Bught Park. 2. Backlash from locals, don't think they'd want a massive stadium sitting right outside their house. 3. Road links, miles inadequate to host traffic for a Premiership/Championship team. Only major roads are the Drumnadrochit road and the bypass...which doesn't even link to the A9, and won't for the forseeable futuee. And the only roads surrounding Bught are almost one way roads, due to people being unable to find parking at the Aquadome. And 4. Albeit a minor problem, Shinty. Inverness Shinty Club have been there for coming on 100 years now, and I highly doubt they'd want to move, and even if we did move in as their next door neighbour, I doubt they'd like it...

11 hours ago, Jack Waddington said:

No trying to start a rant, but as I have said (on the previous page of this topic), a Bught Park Stadium would (more than likely) never come into existance. 1. Space is too small, no matter at what angle, the TCS is considerably larger (if not near the same size) than the space of Bught Park. 2. Backlash from locals, don't think they'd want a massive stadium sitting right outside their house. 3. Road links, miles inadequate to host traffic for a Premiership/Championship team. Only major roads are the Drumnadrochit road and the bypass...which doesn't even link to the A9, and won't for the forseeable futuee. And the only roads surrounding Bught are almost one way roads, due to people being unable to find parking at the Aquadome. And 4. Albeit a minor problem, Shinty. Inverness Shinty Club have been there for coming on 100 years now, and I highly doubt they'd want to move, and even if we did move in as their next door neighbour, I doubt they'd like it...

the bypass already  links to the a9 via glenurquhart rd, milton of leys and drumossie.