Ridgers

Why does he stay routed to his goal line the majority of the time at set pieces and corners? 

Given his size, I wish he was more commanding and a presence in the 6 yard box to prevent opposing teams getting a header in.

Thoughts?

26 minutes ago, Caman said:

Why does he stay routed to his goal line the majority of the time at set pieces and corners? 

Given his size, I wish he was more commanding and a presence in the 6 yard box to prevent opposing teams getting a header in.

Thoughts?

Oh no cardinal sin you slagged of a player the happy clappers are gonna have u son lol ! Ridgers is a decent keeper never noticed that tbh the defence in front of him were shocking today thank fcuk in fact for the flying ferryman!

• Confused 1

Ridgers is probably one of the best goalkeepers in the league. The problem we have is our right back can't defend, can't attack, can't pass, can't tackle, has no positinal awareness and is just generally rubbish 

56 minutes ago, Alan Simpson said:

Oh no cardinal sin you slagged of a player the happy clappers are gonna have u son lol ! Ridgers is a decent keeper never noticed that tbh the defence in front of him were shocking today thank fcuk in fact for the flying ferryman!

Brother, I did not slag him off. I merely asked for others thoughts on his goalkeeping. I like him, but still think he could 'boss' his box a bit more. 

If you were going to be critical Ridgers is dodgy on the cross ball and prefers to stay or punch. Could be a lack of confidence in that area or he has chosen the European style of goalkeeping. He is however one of the best keepers in the league but that aspect should be the training ground focus. Nobody is perfect and there is always opportunity to improve.

Ridgers had a shaky start last season but grew into one of our most consistent players and one I have confidence in.

He is a good stop stopper and can kick long and generally accurately.

And he's my wife's favourite after he served her when helping out in the shop one day last season when she was getting a present for my brother in law's birthday .... only she did not know who he was at the time (she knew he was Mark as the others in the office called him that and he was in training gear) and she didn't get the voucher autographed!

• Agree 1

I'm not sure what your issue is. The goals conceded this week were a terrible OG from Oakley I think and a penalty. Nothing to do with Ridgers, he's been one of our most consistent performers since Christmas.  

Edited by Fraz
  • Agree 5

6 hours ago, Fraz said:

I'm not sure what your issue is. The goals conceded this week were a terrible OG from Oakley I think and a penalty. Nothing to do with Ridgers, he's been one of our most consistent performers since Christmas.  

I don't have an issue I was only expressing my opinion and asking for the opinions of others. Nothing more than that. 

Edited by Guest