Sort By function not working

RiG

I've noticed that if you want to filter the threads you want to view (say by looking only for ones you've posted in) the ability to "Sort By" - "Custom" generates a message saying "Oops something went wrong. Please try again."

will take a look. I think this would probably require me to rebuild the search index which is quite easy for me (a few button clicks) but the process is a little time consuming on the site and takes a couple of hours or so to rebuild. Whilst that is happening the view new posts pages will not work properly as they dont have a search index .... but will try to do it when most of you should be sleeping in UK !!!

15 hours ago, RiG said:

I've noticed that if you want to filter the threads you want to view (say by looking only for ones you've posted in) the ability to "Sort By" - "Custom" generates a message saying "Oops something went wrong. Please try again."

ok. taking a look and cant get it to give me error. are you using the "my activity streams" in the menu above ? or are you doing something else ... can you explain the steps to get the error ? 

yes, that helps and I can confirm I have been able to duplicate the error.

If you do the same sort request on THIS forum it works as intended, but if you go to the main forum it gives that error. I have checked settings, rebuilt indexes, and completed a database optimisation process without success. I have referred the issue to the software providers as we need some tech support of our own on this one.  

On this forum (works as intended)

2018-08-31_8-38-58.jpg

On the main forum (doesnt work)

2018-08-31_8-50-55.jpg