The Silence is Deafening!!

Has or Chairman and Board lost the ability to speak, tweet or communicate in any other way?

I don't know the 'ins and outs' but there is nothing coming from there that shows focus, direct or hope!!

Getting disillusioned with the powers that be in ICT

4 minutes ago, Caman said:

Has or Chairman and Board lost the ability to speak, tweet or communicate in any other way?

I don't know the 'ins and outs' but there is nothing coming from there that shows focus, direct or hope!!

It wouldn't be so bad if one of the chairman's first acts wasn't to issue a statement promising better communication.

Why promise something you apparently had no intention of delivering ?

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, bdu98196 said:

why are most communications only around the time of season ticket renewals........

Coincidence I think not.......

No and every year we buy it! 

I do think there are good people working hard at the club but on the other side the basics are worse than ever and fans feeling taken for granted and distanced from the club more than ever before. 

• Agree 3

1 minute ago, MorayJaggie said:

Hence why there has been a drop of 1000 in attendances a lot of folk don't buy the corporate clap trap coming from the board.

There needs to be much improvement on that front but the drop in attendance has much more to do with relegation. However, a few more results like today's will put a dent in that even if the board continue to behave like Trappist monks.

Not sure relegation is the reason I think a lot of folk have lost trust in the way the club has been run. For example falkirk regularly exceed 3000 as does Dunfermline and across the bridge today had 3500. Promises have been made by this board and remade and they have failed to materialise and better communication is one. The club in recent weeks have been slow to make public several news stories whereas they have been reported elsewhere days before.

• Disagree 1

Seriously, a lack of communication from the board is leading to a 1000 missed fans every week!. That, in my opinion is nonsense and there are many reasons for this, one of the biggest seems to be the lack of interest in their local football team by the good people of Inverness. This has been the case for many seasons and I wish I knew the reason why.

As for communication from the board, I think some people want communication for communications sake. If there is nothing to say from the board then don't say anything as there are plenty posters on here who will criticise any message from the board whether good or bad news. This is however where CJT can play a big part in improving lines of communication between fans and the board. Is there any update from CJT?.

• Like 2
  • Agree 7
  • Disagree 1

25 minutes ago, MorayJaggie said:

Not sure relegation is the reason I think a lot of folk have lost trust in the way the club has been run. For example falkirk regularly exceed 3000 as does Dunfermline and across the bridge today had 3500. Promises have been made by this board and remade and they have failed to materialise and better communication is one. The club in recent weeks have been slow to make public several news stories whereas they have been reported elsewhere days before.

Oh my ? Falkirk must have had a huge support up today ?

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Huisdean said:

Seriously, a lack of communication from the board is leading to a 1000 missed fans every week!. That, in my opinion is nonsense and there are many reasons for this, one of the biggest seems to be the lack of interest in their local football team by the good people of Inverness. This has been the case for many seasons and I wish I knew the reason why.

As for communication from the board, I think some people want communication for communications sake. If there is nothing to say from the board then don't say anything as there are plenty posters on here who will criticise any message from the board whether good or bad news. This is however where CJT can play a big part in improving lines of communication between fans and the board. Is there any update from CJT?.

No not just communication if you'd bothered to read my post but the way they have made promises and then broke them. The only time they bother to Interact with the fan base is season ticket renewal time. The handling of David Raven Gary Warren are two prime examples of their poor leadership and the way Duncan shearer was punted. You may not be bothered about signings or the ongoing situation with the stadium but good customer service is to keep your customers I.e fans appraised of what is happening weather there is progress or not. If you keep them updated they then know your doing something about it but by keeping quiet you then present a facade of doing nothing. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Huisdean said:

This is just my own response to the above opinion that a link between communication and attendance is 'nonsense'. The Supporters Trust may also respond to this in time, I don't know.  

Anyway, in conjunction with the SFA &SPFL, Supporters Direct Scotland launched a supporters’ survey in 2017.  Over 12,000 responses (including 122 from Inverness Caledonian Thistle) revealed the following:

Relationship with the club was the third most important factor in deciding whether to attend games or not (after ticket prices and then kick-off times)

[Supporters Direct Scotland (2017) Your Voice is Heard:  Scottish Football Supporters Survey]  http://www.scottishsupporters.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/2017-Scottish-Football-Supporters-Survey.pdf p5
Edited by Glover
no quotations

3 hours ago, MorayJaggie said:

County supporters I know feel that they are part of the whole Ross County thing. It's very much a community club, hence the large support.

I used to feel that about ICT, but now I feel the upper management is aloof and arrogant, and I wonder if others feel likewise, and if that would contribute to the lack of support.

• Agree 5

Aloof and arrogant? Why do you think that?  I am not suggesting that you are totally wrong but, e.g. :

1. Is a  failure of Management to make constant contact with the fan base as much to do with the fact that they are new to the game of upper management at  a Football club in your view or is it that they lack any real sense of the need to continually be addressing fans?..... Or

2. The fact that living in an Ivory tower does tend to keep you apart from the  main body of the Kirk and it's hard for them to see the wood for the trees?....or

3. Has  a delegation from the fan base ever asked for a direct meeting with the upper crust of management not to put them down but to open up a discussion of the facts affecting the club's advancement? Or started a petition  outlining concerns and then presenting the Board with this when at least a specified number of fans have agreed to sign it-- I dunno, maybe at least 1,000 fans? …..or

4. When the team appears to be on a turn-around from "inexplicably poor" to   "vastly improving" has any proper fan base representative ever thought of approaching upper Management to congratulate them and asking for more time to discuss how to explore ways in which  this improvement can be assisted or added to?  or.....

5.  Asked for a fan delegation to be allowed to  meet with them to ensure that that Board  listen carefully to the general viewpoints put forward from,  say, members of this site or to present written views to them that have been  sent in from fans in a pre-arranged form:-  such as a carefully worded petition requesting input from fans to specific questions on the form? And these questions can be answered , if necessary, only by "yes" or "no" responses. This is diplomatic and professional and evidences to the Board that the general fan-base want to really help, by assisting and supporting rational trial modes for improvement and not to simply negatively criticize that Board during this process. It's also designed to draw them out and not back them up against a wall. It must be made inescapably obvious from the "get-go" that the this approach is specifically designed to improve communication with the Board in a very co-operative way and conscientiously address common challenges with the support of all parties moving forward together in the same direction. Since an adversarial method or approach can be seen to be undesirable from a common-sense point of view, the implied suggestion underlying this approach is that full discussion of ideas and viewpoints  openly, without bias  and reflectively, is the main goal and not to judge who is right and who is wrong. 

These are only a few suggestions but, unless there is an attempt to meet with the board in a professional manner, the sense of rookie aloofness, right or wrong,  that is implied  here about them or their decisions will remain and continue to be unproductive for the general good and advancement of the club. It may be a departure from the norm but it's intended to break down barriers that exist between Upper Management and the well-intentioned fan base within which there are very many astute and experienced people whose only desire is to advance the club upward and onward.                  

And it's a start to closing what appears to me to be a gaping communication-hole between Upper Management and well-intentioned fans , with the latter appearing to NOT  have a  productive outlet for their feelings. or suggestions. Which, frankly, is unlikely to sell more needed  tickets.

Thanks for listening,  S.P.

21 hours ago, Huisdean said:

The most sensible post on this thread by a long way.  Some folk just seem more obsessed with off field matters than what happens on the pitch

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 3

7 minutes ago, Caley Mad In Berks said:

The most sensible post on this thread by a long way.  Some folk just seem more obsessed with off field matters than what happens on the pitch

Why would you, and others, want to limit or belittle fan involvement or interest in their clubs?  You do realise you are contradicting legislation, vis-à-vis the Community Empowerment (Scotland) Act 2015?   Of the eight clubs in Scotland who are minority owned by supporters (10-49%), only one has had neither supporter representation nor structured dialogue.

Trust in Killie raised £100,000 to get a representative on the board, which they now have.  Foundation of Hearts are speaking at a Supporters Direct meeting at Fir Park next week, presumably to update on their 75.1% ownership progress.  But I guess that's just more nonsense.

• Agree 4

On 9/1/2018 at 1:29 PM, Caman said:

It'll improve when the Chief Executive and media experts take up post.

• Funny 2

1 hour ago, Caley Mad In Berks said:

Nobody is obsessed. Many of us would just like the current regime to do what they undertook to do and have failed to do ever since.

ICT used to feel like a family from the board room down to us humble souls in the stands. That has been lost in recent months and that is a great shame. Our club has always been most successful when there is harmony and folk are pulling in the same direction.

That is not a matter of money or resourses but simple courtesy and respect for the fans which will then be reciprocated.

• Agree 2

51 minutes ago, bughtmaster said:

The fans have been disgruntled for a long time now and before the new regime took office.

Not hearing much from CJT have they gone to the wire or  are they waiting  to deliver news of some astounding achievement?

The new board of CJT have not long got their feet under the table. We need to cut them a bit of slack.

13 hours ago, bughtmaster said:

Not hearing much from CJT have they gone to the wire 

12 hours ago, Kingsmills said:

The new board of CJT have not long got their feet under the table. We need to cut them a bit of slack.

Ah but are their feet anywhere near the wire? Could be trouble if you start cutting that.

What is it the Chairman and Board need to speak, tweet or communicate about currently?

IMHO they only need to communicate when they have something they need to communicate about, ticket issues, player movements (not bowel), disciplinary issues and fan behaviour, club promotional offers and the like.

And I guess issues around club management, which currently seems to be appointments. It's probably asking too much to be informed about financial matters on a regular basis, in fact is there any benefit to that

I guess that last major statement from the club was a couple of weeks ago about the abuse aimed at Liam Polworth, which was timely. I know from experience elsewhere that a Chairman engaging too much also gets abuse because different people read different things into statements/comments, so you then end up with bland comments whereupon the accusation is that something is being hidden. Are we concerned that there is a secret conspiracy to run the team down, and re-develop the ground? Ownership of the ground does seem like a festering issue, is this something that needs more clarity.

Personally in response to Glovers post, relationship with a club is important (by which I understand that to be the emotional links, and sense of family/unity) but communications from the Board have no impact at all on me deciding whether to travel 500 miles to watch the team (nor 5 miles to watch my other team). Mind you a sense of unity usually comes from the team doing well in which case most people agree that the Board and manager must be doing something right!

So perhaps we need to clarify what it is we are really after, is it supporter representation on the board (which isn't necessarily about communication, more transparency), or more Club participation into local events, or more (some!) Q&A sessions, or more social media interaction, or closer match-day contact with board members? Are members of the board seen as real fans or opportunists? What should the board do that isn't seen as cynical manipulation?

• Agree 5

On 9/1/2018 at 8:53 PM, buckett said:

County supporters I know feel that they are part of the whole Ross County thing. It's very much a community club, hence the large support.

I used to feel that about ICT, but now I feel the upper management is aloof and arrogant, and I wonder if others feel likewise, and if that would contribute to the lack of support.

"Aloof and arrogant"  So this is the reason for attendances being down this year ?  Seriously ?  

So what would make things better ?  What kind of detail would you be expecting ?  What do County do different that ICT dont ? 

For me , I m more interested in what Robbo has to say , before and after the game rather than whose going to supply the bog rolls this season. And how many ply they may have . Does the eminent Chairman, or chairperson nowadays, not put out a statement in every programme. 

What is required to make things more palatable for you Mr B ?

• Sad 1