Elbouzedi

A few years ago he was on the cusp of the WBA first team.  I can't say, apart from injuries, what the application level was, but the harsh reality for all our players now is that if they don't cut it at this level currently, it is part-time football and a career outside of the game.  In fact, they really need to be getting themselves into the Premiership for their own sake.  Does that translate to complacency  - it would not be the rational choice certainly.

Think what he did was both in interests of himself, and the club. He got very few appearances in both league and cup games, so I think leaving for whomever he goes for, is a better choice for him and gets more appearances and furthers his career. Considering we have a such (dare I say it) wide choice of players, with youngsters fighting for their place in the first team and older more experienced players already cemented in their first team slot, Zak probably couldn't've kept up, due to the fact he was injured for the majority of last season, only managed to get a single game this season and may have lightened on his training routines as to prevent further injury. Wherever he goes (hopefully not the County), hopefully he has a better spell than he did with us.

• Agree 1