Stubbs second gaffer to go

tm4tj

Very curt  statement. However, the club is very unlikely to tell the public what has transpired  in a climate where "same old, same old" carries the day. What we think that  we do know , however, is that the Manger almost always carries the can regardless.

So just another casualty on the Scottish route to Greatness.

Yes, SP, but I would challenge the same old, same old climate.  I read an article at the weekend that had English managers lamenting that less than a decade ago British managers/clubs/fans used to mock or laugh at European chairmen for this trigger-happy stuff.  We are seeing a continental shift and I wonder whether St Mirren's case is a) a personal falling out or b) a result-based decision.  Hopefully a) but for Stubbs I suppose it is a moot point.  

Brian Rice as manager will be an interesting interlude.

10 hours ago, Glover said:

The Livingston result on the 25th Aug was bad, but the three other results were no surprise.  There must be more to this?

He had, allegedly, completely lost the dressing room. 

One thing to remember is that looking in from the outside this might be a bizarre move but in the same way that Hughes left ICT and McIntyre left Ross County those with little knowledge of the circumstances will not understand why these kinds of moves had to happen.

5 hours ago, CELTIC1CALEY3 said:

Rice...................................and Yogi to save the day? Jim McIntyre recently turned down the Morton job so maybe he had a tip off but I guess he will want to take wee Billy with him.

If it gets wee Billy and his dreadful punditry off the airwaves that might be no bad thing.

On ‎9‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 10:29 PM, Glover said:

The Livingston result on the 25th Aug was bad, but the three other results were no surprise.  There must be more to this?

Maybe Livingston will be the surprise packet this year ? or maybe not