QUESTIONS / OBSERVATIONS TO THE BOARD

IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER

Well I am being serious - I can evidently see that communications between the fans and the Board are sadly lacking. I am baffled and fed up of some repetitive (and often derogatory) posts that pop up on most threads these days. I do however also understand and agree with some. SO I will give it a go.

IF you have a personal beef, an example or observation to support it - or a question - or a suggestion - then bang it down. In about a week I will put them all together and make a presentation to the Board.

• Agree 1

Good for you IHE.

Isn't that exactly what I said should be done in a recent post.

There is no point in complaining unless you are prepared to act and do something about it. After that, assuming the individual Board members have seen and read your stuff, that's the time to really start shouting.

Why since Grant munro left has there been no ict players in the caley club.Ryan esson would come in for a beer now and again.wouldn't do some off the board any harm to lower themselves to the suppoters level and speak to the people that fund this club.

• Agree 2

12 hours ago, Caman said:

Why are the Irn Bru cup final mugs in the club shop still full price? 

My Scottish Cup Winners mug still takes pride of place on my desk. However, while it was a fun day out, I'm not convinced that beating Dumbarton to win that particular piece of silverware is worth investing in ceramics at any price.

23 hours ago, ictchris said:

Why is it that when Bugs Bunny dressed as a girl he always wore a dress but when he wasn't he didn't wear trousers?  Has Bugs Bunny been flashing us all this time? 

I had better respond to the modern day incarnation of Yosemite Sam - but on second thoughts it would be overly personal to comment on what you prefer to do socially.

22 hours ago, Kingsmills said:

Why don't we play in red and black vertical stripes and have the urinals painted blue ? ?

I cant believe that pre-merger festering beefs are still being brought up.

Why hasn't communication improved between the fans and the board?

Why is the local press being used as our medium of communication instead of club social media which has previously been applauded? 

A list of objectives was given at the begining of last season, how do the board feel they are lining up against these objectives and what is being done to improve the clubs standing in the comunity?

Why was the recent community day sponsored so poorly publicised by the club with short notice? 

Why did we not send any boardroom representation to our pre-season friendly against Keith?

• Agree 4

What action has been taken by the club regarding the stewarding of matches. We were sent a detailed description of acceptable behaviour yet this season has seen significant abuse of Polly which although retrospectively dealt with by the club was not addressed during match day. The club pays for a service yet those providing it are failing to perform adequately?

How do the club consider the handling of situations that have arise in the media over their tenure - Shearer, Warren, Raven - the departure of long standing & popular individuals being undermined by press leaks and spin to  essentially be forced out. Whether that was the 'real' case or otherwise its the message that went public - Do the board deem this acceptable?

Season ticket pricing - what lessons are being learned from previous seasons. What is being done to determine whether the costs are representing fan value for money and how is this being conducted? We saw the fiasco last season and refunds having to be given - are ST holder being taken for granted?

What is the longer term strategy. If there is a failure to get promoted this season are further squad and budget cuts expected next year - if so are we adequately investing in the youth set up to provide the grass roots basis for building towards success. If so what is being done or planned to improve community engagement and develop youngsters?

• Like 1

Can we no do something about the water pressure in the taps of the men's bogs in the sports bar. Sick of it looking like I've pished myself after I've washed my hands. Even on the occasions when I've not pished myself. Also no paper towels. 

How do we run out of pies at a North of Scotland game with 200 people at it when there's still a massive que? Poor. 

Can we not get fresh local produce to sell at the food stands now we're in charge and try to push something that's our own 'thing' County have haggis pies, Killie do their thing what about us having tattie pies for example. Can't think of other places that do them. Dream rings etc. 

Can we pave the areas between the north and west stands/toilets? Massive puddles to wade through, just a mess. 

Community days/fun days. Last Sunday was fantastic over 60 kids teams lots of people there. More of this. Why does it take MacDonalds and the SFA to do this though? We could have capitalised of this too with stadium tours ending in the shop, free kids ticket for this weekend's game to every kid playing or something, great to see Carl and Ryan there but no other 1st team players that I could see? 

Lighting in the North car park. I never usually park there but I did last night and it's absolutely pitch black can't see the mud, puddles, potholes whatever. Not feasible to light the whole area but a few lights on back of the North Stand would at least be something. 

These are just of the top of my head.  

Edited by Fraz
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 1

Cannot believe some of the pathetic and childish comments made by some posters on this. IHE (good on you Johndo) has taken the time and effort to try and get some improvements yet some posters still take the ****.

Fraz has listed some good points as have other more sensible posters. For myself,   better communication between the board and fans where they can see legitimate issues raised and discussed or resolved would be helpful although supporters have to be realistic about what can be achieved by this.

• Agree 2

I don’t really care that much that the board haven’t been saying much. Even when they did release statements the fans still moaned about it. 

The only thing I would prefere to improve in the immediate future is current day to day news within the first team squad and unders. I would like to know how current injured players are getting on etc and when they will be back ready to play. 

I would quite like us to do some player interviews as well, asking different questions and maybe make them more light hearted than the usual stuff which is just run of the mill answers. Something along the lines of the open goal stuff. 

• Agree 2

9 hours ago, Huisdean said:

Cannot believe some of the pathetic and childish comments made by some posters on this. IHE (good on you Johndo) has taken the time and effort to try and get some improvements yet some posters still take the ****.

It is more often the other way round. A lesson in doing unto others maybe?

I said this elsewhere but why are ICT not sharing the national fans survey and asking people to complete it?

2 hours ago, Northern_jaggie said:

Can the club set up a parking strategy whereby one gate goes to the town and the other gate goes to the A9?

You will be lucky the stewards can't organise one gate as it is!