QUESTIONS / OBSERVATIONS TO THE BOARD

IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER

2 hours ago, old caley girl said:

Think it was for safety reasons? It used to get scarily busy in there at half time sometimes. However one would have thought a bit of common sense could have been brought into play here? I dont think one extra person in there for 5 mins max to buy a raffle would cause ant issues? 

Football stewards and the excercise of common sense is not a combination often seen.

• Agree 2

Why can you not buy a Half Time Ticket on way into North Section? we arrived yesterday at 2.55 went straight to turnstile and never saw anyone selling them. Could they not have someone selling them just inside the Turnstile? Do they want to sell them or not ? Surely a couple of youth boys could be found to sell them.

the club needs to look at selling tickets online, folk who aren't at the game could buy one which brings in more revenue plus they could do it as a subscription where you play every week and the money is debited from your account similar to the national lottery online.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

I kept an eye out for a HT draw seller, never noticed one outside and certainly not in the North Stand area, used to be a chap just inside the turnstiles but no longer. Guess so long are they're sold in hospitality that's the main thing... ?

I also popped into the shop so my girls could have a wee look and quite honestly there wasn't anything that caught their eye but I did hear at least 2 people in the few minutes I was in asking for programmes. One in particular seemed quite bemused that we didn't sell any. And unless I misheard we do sell a printout (yes literally like an inkjet printout) of the online programme for £2 and not a very good quality printout. I think the chaps parting shot was something like 'I could have printed off something better at home' as he walked off. 

On 9/30/2018 at 11:47 PM, RedCard said:

the club needs to look at selling tickets online, folk who aren't at the game could buy one which brings in more revenue plus they could do it as a subscription where you play every week and the money is debited from your account similar to the national lottery online.

Absolutely. I don't get to every home game these days for various reasons but I would certainly set up a standing order to purchase tickets for every game. I am certain there are many in the same boat and there is a potential for a decent bit is extra revenue here.

The problem might be that, right now, there doesn't seem to be anyone at the club with sufficient  IT skills to maintain the official website with up to date information far less sell half time draw tickets in this sensible way.

1 hour ago, Kingsmills said:

Absolutely. I don't get to every home game these days for various reasons but I would certainly set up a standing order to purchase tickets for every game. I am certain there are many in the same boat and there is a potential for a decent bit is extra revenue here.

The problem might be that, right now, there doesn't seem to be anyone at the club with sufficient  IT skills to maintain the official website with up to date information far less sell half time draw tickets in this sensible way.

There doesn't seem to be anyone at the club capable of organising someone to stand in the north stand to sell tickets before the game ?

• Agree 1

On 9/30/2018 at 11:47 PM, RedCard said:

This is almost certainly taking things too far but what about an ICT app? The programme has gone digital so that could be included in the app for people to read, buy match tickets, 50/50 tickets, team line ups, video highlights etc could all be wrapped up in there.

• Agree 4

4 hours ago, RiG said:

This is almost certainly taking things too far but what about an ICT app? The programme has gone digital so that could be included in the app for people to read, buy match tickets, 50/50 tickets, team line ups, video highlights etc could all be wrapped up in there.

The thing is, even amateur & semi pro teams can subscribe to template-type websites such as Pitchero which include a fan app in the price which is about £20/month. You can see this system used in the English pyramid for teams who get bigger attendances than us. But a so-called pro team like ICT don't seem to have anybody in charge who has the slightest clue. Scotty & Don did all the spadework for years but apparently the club no longer needs their skills and experience...

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

Is it widely known that there is a match ticket promotion of buy one get one free for the QoS, Morton and Dunfermline games? There is a voucher for this in the latest ICA free magazine that we receive through the post. No info on the official club website about it though. Surely this is something that could be promoted from a pop up stall in the Eastgate Shopping Centre? ?

4 hours ago, Row S said:

Is it widely known that there is a match ticket promotion of buy one get one free for the QoS, Morton and Dunfermline games? There is a voucher for this in the latest ICA free magazine that we receive through the post. No info on the official club website about it though. Surely this is something that could be promoted from a pop up stall in the Eastgate Shopping Centre? ?

Hadnt heard of this at all. 

50 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

Nor had I but that is hardly surprising since the club communicate next to nothing these days.

Unless I am missing something, neither has IHE told us what he wrote to the Board, nor what the response was.

If it was agreed that these communications would be private, then that's fair enough, but would be pointless.

12 hours ago, Row S said:

Not heard of the promotion. Nor the magazine, who gets that? The only thing I get through the post is the AGM details.

• Agree 1

The ICA magazine usually distributed to Inverness residents by your local postie. Many recipients will probably just bin it as junk mail. I use it to find out about up and coming music gigs and other events. As you will see from the online version Don just provided the link to, it contains listings of arts, culture and sports events on in the area in the next 4 to 6 weeks and beyond. A scanned version of voucher is attached. There is also a spotlight feature on Charlie Trafford. 

I've just spoken to the lady in the club shop on the phone. If the voucher is presented in the shop at least 24 hours before the match in question and you ask to buy 2 tickets, 1 of them will be free. It doesn't work for season ticket holders though, i.e. you can't present your season ticket and ask for a single free ticket.  

ICT BOGOF voucher.pdf

Edited by Row S

3 hours ago, snorbens_caleyman said:

Unless I am missing something, neither has IHE told us what he wrote to the Board, nor what the response was.

If it was agreed that these communications would be private, then that's fair enough, but would be pointless.

Well the reason is that I have not as yet received a response. If the comments are being read I would suggest that it could take time to digest and it would be impossible to answer all the concerns. I will give it some more time but will let people know whatever the outcome.

14 hours ago, Row S said:

Nope never heard a peep about this promotion either.

2 hours ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

Well the reason is that I have not as yet received a response. If the comments are being read I would suggest that it could take time to digest and it would be impossible to answer all the concerns. I will give it some more time but will let people know whatever the outcome.

Okey-dokey - thanks for replying. 

I'll guess that the "well worded response" you reported last month was a more literary version of "Thanks - we'll get back to you". 

5 hours ago, Row S said:

The ICA magazine usually distributed to Inverness residents by your local postie. Many recipients will probably just bin it as junk mail. I use it to find out about up and coming music gigs and other events. As you will see from the online version Don just provided the link to, it contains listings of arts, culture and sports events on in the area in the next 4 to 6 weeks and beyond. A scanned version of voucher is attached. There is also a spotlight feature on Charlie Trafford. 

I've just spoken to the lady in the club shop on the phone. If the voucher is presented in the shop at least 24 hours before the match in question and you ask to buy 2 tickets, 1 of them will be free. It doesn't work for season ticket holders though, i.e. you can't present your season ticket and ask for a single free ticket.  

ICT BOGOF voucher.pdf

Is it worth you pinging an email to the SLO address to ask why no ST holder deal? 

Why wont they open the west as a standing only pay on the day area with barriers to lean against for those with bad joints who can't sit without stretching their legs for 90mins. also a better view from the west when the sun gets low in winter.

• Agree 1