Patrick another 3 points!!

Alan Simpson

Did our best to throw that away. First half was great stuff. Second half was awful. Looked like bad injuries to Oakley and Rooney which may keep them out for a while. Polworth also looked like he was hurt. T

Top of the league though and the team is hardly fitting on all cylinders. If we can get a full 90 minutes out of them then we are going to demolish someone. Here's hoping it's in Dingwall next week. 

42 minutes ago, bigman said:

Just when you think this is great stuff they go and make a mess of it. If they had tried  a little harder we could of lost that game.

Top of the league, unbeaten in the league since April yet some folks first instinct is to look for the negatives first.

Cheer up, you could be a Falkirk fan.

• Agree 1

54 minutes ago, bigman said:

Just when you think this is great stuff they go and make a mess of it. If they had tried  a little harder we could of lost that game.

What kinda **** is this. We've just won. Still unbeaten in league in god knows how low long and overtaken league leaders to go top ahead of derby match against previous league leaders.

Try and enjoy it bigman

• Agree 2

I have only seen the 2 away league fixtures and would agree we all playing well in fits and starts but not really dominating games/riding our luck. To be sitting top of the league without controlling a game is a very promising sign. The change in formation seems to have helped us offensively with 6 goals in 2 games. Really looking forward to Dingwall. Would still make them favourites, especially if we have picked up some injuries but would love to hump them silly (4-0 would be pleasant) and send a message across the bridge and to the rest of the league that teams should fear us.

1 hour ago, bigman said:

Your positivity is second to none. ?

I suppose you are right we did win we are top I would just like to leave the ground not feeling washed out thinking few that was close. Have just listern to JRs Account of the game he was a little disappointed to lose the goals we did and felt we took our foot off the throttle. A better interpretation than mine but much the same thought.

6 hours ago, bigman said:

Have just listern to JRs Account of the game he was a little disappointed to lose the goals we did and felt we took our foot off the throttle.

Without trying to be overly critical as at the end of the day we were left playing with 9 1/2 men due to injury, JR has to shoulder some of the blame from a tactical sense with part of the issue being the team tiring with a high press and being 3 nil up we could have conceded the ball higher up the park and looked to be tigher together and then hit on the break.

The obvious substitution was also Doran (who had a good game) for Calder who would have added pace as well as improving the left hand side defense. Instead he took off Whyte and we lost the way up front thereafter and struggled to hold the ball up (obviously made worse with Oakley's injury).

4 hours ago, CableGuy said:

He really was utterly crap, Storey I mean...just as well we didn’t blow our budget on him Alan Simpson? ?

all he ever really had was pace which covered a lot of his cracks. personally i couldn't believe Aberdire signing him.

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Alan Simpson said:

Some players fit certain teams Miles and us wer like Posh and Becks don't judge the great man in the colours of the ***** thistle! 

Storey was only good for us at that point as we literally had zero other players who knew where the goal was. He was decent at first but very quickly I felt his enthusiasm and quality drained away, and he looked disinterested and lazy. I did like him as a player, at the time and I felt another club might get the best out of him but that's a few that's tried and ultimately failed. Wouldn't have him back for free now

Edited by CableGuy
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, Alan Simpson said:

Some players fit certain teams Miles and us wer like Posh and Becks don't judge the great man in the colours of the ***** thistle! 

Posh and Becks :lol: you must be on the hard stuff tonight!

• Funny 3