Media Coverage

ff
AUDIO COVERAGE
LIVE TEXT (ONLINE)
VIDEO
TEAM LINEUPS
TO FOLLOW

Tweets by @ICTFC

On BBC text coverage looked like game of two halves all Caley 1st and Partick  2nd and just the way the txt was coming in you were expecting Partick to score in the end we have to be thankful for Penalty save however we are top of the league

Strange match that was indeed. Couldn't figure out why we managed to be 3-0 up when we were. But hey 'it's a funny old game'. 

Delighted for 'Pretty in Pink' Mark Ridgers with his excellent penalty save. Also thanks to Miles Storey for his 'Vigurs' style penalty lol.  

2nd half kinda sucked, but three points, still unbeaten and top of the league. Could be worse I suppose!!! 

Right start planning for next Saturday. Where's my baseball bat and knuckle dusters. ???

3 points in the bag but very worrying how we collapsed totally in the second half. 

First half link up play was exceptional but absolutely nothing in the second half often resorting to the hit and hope long ball. Glad the game finished when it did , think if it lasted 5 minutes longer we would have been left holding on for a point.

We have had draws with Alloa and Ayr that felt like defeats. This win today felt like a draw. Great to get the three points but it was a painful second half if truth be told. Went ahead against the run of play, looked like Brazil for half an hour then went back into our shell. Ended up hanging on a bit. Maybe we overdid the sitting back, it certainly looked like it. Once on the back foot, we never looked confident enough to produce the flowing football we saw in the first half. Injuries to Rooney and Oakley won't help. 

If we are going to go places, then we should have stuck the boot into Partick when they were on the ropes.

Still, three points it is and top of the league.

• Agree 3

I think I'm pretty cool about that second half performance. Partick had a lot of the ball but actually created very little until the last 10 minutes. And the second goal came when we were down to 9 and a half men, with Polworth limping after Oakley had gone off.

And for the half an hour after our opening goal, it was indeed just like watching Brazil.

I'm not sure how well that 4-2-3-1 will work against teams that sit in against us, but when we're away from home or against opponents like Partick who come to have a go it works really well. White is the perfect striker for it, holding up the ball and linking play really well. His movement also dragged the centre-backs all over the place, opening up space for others to run into. Doran and Polworth fed off him well and both kept finding pockets of space between the lines with ease; they were the two best players on the pitch in that first half.

The first goal came when, after a counterattack, the ball broke for Polworth who smacked a shot off the post from 20 yards; the ball spun around the six yard box and White got there before the keeper to bundle it in from close range. The second was from a Polworth corner that was headed back across goal; Cammy Bell then flapped it down to Rooney who hooked a volley into the net. The third, Welsh's penalty, was the result of Polworth (him again, for those people out there who still don't like him) robbing Ntambwe and racing clear, only for the Partick player to haul him down. Even under the new rules I think it should have been a red for Ntambwe given it looked like a shirt tug rather than an attempt to play the ball.

Partick had started brightly but went to pieces as soon as White scored. Even when they got a penalty of their own (which looked a soft one to me) Ridgers saved from the hapless Storey. It was great to see Ridgers get such an ovation - a penalty save is worth a goal, after all.

The second half was a non-event, but I can't say I felt worried at any point. My main concerns were losing Rooney and Oakley to injuries and Polly looking lame too.

A top of the table Highland Derby next week? Sounds like fun...

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I don't think we collapsed in the second half...well, not as is being suggested.  We had a great first half and got the job done, then it looked more like us going into self preservation mode as we clearly have one or two players out there who were/are carrying knocks and niggles.

Not sure what the excuse was for the officials, they were woeful.....bad, not bias.

• Agree 2

19 minutes ago, CaleyD said:

I don't think we collapsed in the second half...well, not as is being suggested.  We had a great first half and got the job done, then it looked more like us going into self preservation mode as we clearly have one or two players out there who were/are carrying knocks and niggles.

Not sure what the excuse was for the officials, they were woeful.....bad, not bias.

Agree

2 hours ago, CaleyD said:

Eh?  We feckin collapsed totally in the second half, the players looked like the game was won.   I wonder what Robbos half time 'PEP talk was like?   It was a shambles of a performance...  just as well Ridgers had a brilliant pen save.

I can't understand why we can play so well, score 3 goals,   then come out and look like a bunch of Sunday football strangers...    annoyed me no end.

• Agree 2

30 minutes ago, Kind of Blue said:

Not getting carried away about anything but after the last two seasons what a great feeling it is to be top of the league!

Agree about not getting carried away, especially as of our 5 games so far, 4 have been against the bottom 4 sides! On that basis it’s hard to know how good we actually are.  Sterner tests lie ahead, starting next week in Dingwall.

• Scotty unpinned, pinned, unfeatured and unpinned this topic