Per Sandykent . . .

Guest Jock Watt

Guest Jock Watt

Mate - do you know if Peter Home has an email address or can get it for me, please ?

I'm holding the Drill Cup in this pic.

If it's anything to do with Peter Home and the Drill Cup, it's got to be the Boys from the Ferry aka the Fourth Company.

I was actually just thinking the other day about the utter pointlessness of stamping around a hall in response to a mannie bawling orders at you. I really quite enjoyed my time in the BBs and my dad was actually Captain of the 1st Coy for many years but in hindsight it was a bit strange dressing up in 19th century army gear and performing evolutions designed to get battalions of guys with muskets into line.

I think the BBs to some extent thought they were still defending the Empire. The Scouts, of course, they thought they were still ruling it!

• 1 month later...
Guest Jock Watt

Sorry guys, typographical error - it's the PE cup (although that year we (yes, the 4th !) won the Drill cup too !!!!!!!!!!

Jock, I'm not the least bit surprised the 4th won both the PE and Drill cups in the same year. As I recall in the early to mid fifties the 4th were one of the more successful companies, along with the 5th and the 3rd. The 12th (Dalneigh) and 2nd (Ness Bank I believe) held up the table in most competitions.

Re you initial enquiry I'm afraid that I don't know if Peter has an email address.

I can still smell the dubbin and the blanco from the good old days.

Loved the comment in the earlier posting about the 4th defending the Empire.

The only good thing about getting old is the memories.

Guest Jock Watt

Jock, I'm not the least bit surprised the 4th won both the PE and Drill cups in the same year. As I recall in the early to mid fifties the 4th were one of the more successful companies, along with the 5th and the 3rd. The 12th (Dalneigh) and 2nd (Ness Bank I believe) held up the table in most competitions.

Re you initial enquiry I'm afraid that I don't know if Peter has an email address.

I can still smell the dubbin and the blanco from the good old days.

Loved the comment in the earlier posting about the 4th defending the Empire.

The only good thing about getting old is the memories.

Aye, Sandy.  I've also been told the best thing about having alzheimers is that one meets new people every day !!!!!!!!!

• 1 month later...