ICT 25th Anniversary

Fraz

Apologies if this has been posted before. Looks like the club are after ideas to celebrate us turning a quarter of a century old. 

http://www.ictfc.com/index.php/news/club-news/2300-ict-25th-anniversary-celebrations‬

I like the strip and Bolton idea. Whatever ideas they go for I just hope they're affodable for the average fan. e.g. no £100 sportsmen dinners at the Drumossie. 

• Agree 1

i don't  see a need to celebrate our 25th because there are more urgent financial needs. i would agree with Kingsmills. if there is money burning a hole in our pockets spend it on fans facilities and to retain the players Robbo wants to keep and make our experience better value for money. if we are financially stable maybe celebrate our 50th.

I disagree that we shouldn't do anything for it, honestly there will always be 'better' things to lend resources to but events or ideas needn't cost vast sums of money. Things like a commemorative strip could be cost neutral.   

We've accomplished great things in a relatively short space of time and I think that it should be celebrated in some way. Hopefully generate a bit of a buzz and some more interest in the club. 

Naturally winning the league would be the best thing we could do but I'd like to think that's our aim regardless of the year. 

That said it's my youngest's birthday soon and as cash is a bit tight perhaps I should tell her there's no party this year as quite frankly there's better things we could spend the money on. ?

• Agree 1

An away friendly vs Bolton (or even Astra), which were some of our biggest opponents in non-league format history, would be decent. But I do think that monetary constraints will sink the party cruise, but still, may it be an enjoyable one. Kit wise, I was thinking along the lines of Caledonian and Thistle's final home kits redone by the same manufacturers and sponsored by the same sponsors as they were in the 1993/94 season.

Only question about the memorabilia museum is whether it'll be a permanent fixture or just a temporary thing. If it is simply a temporary thing, then surely there must be somewhere in town to set up a somewhat permanent museum.

And talking about locations in town, another Caley Thistle shop? I remember we had one in the weeks running up to the Scottish Cup Final in the Victorian Market, but that closed down a few weeks after we lifted the trophy, I know this is going quite some way off topic, but there must be some way to expand our brand exposure, which I was thinking by renting out a shop in the Eastgate or something, cos as we all know, the shop at the TCS doesn't exactly have the highest capacity. I mean, highly doubt the ICTFC board will see (if not actually read) these posts, but those are some suggestions for the 25th Anniversary.

Perhaps the board should concentrate on getting the basics right first.

The chairman is virtually anonymous when it comes to both the fans and the media and legitimate concerns remain unanswered and, thus far, it's far from clear what the new CEO is bringing to the party.

The one thing the board has got right is the appointment of John Robertson who might not be a tactical genius but has repaired the hull of a sinking ship and got us sailing, once again, in the right direction sometimes I think despite the actions, or inactions, of the board rather than because of them.

Credit to him for also being the one and only current public face of the club a role that surely should fall on others leaving him to concentrate more on football matters.

Doug Mcgillivray, David Sutherland, Alan Savage and Kenny Cameron may all have made mistakes but they were all at least prepared to address the media and fans and explain themselves.

The present incumbent only seems to break cover yo issue poorly worded statements apologising for mistakes and making hollow promises about doing better in the future.

Edited by Kingsmills
  • Agree 5

My intention was not to have yet another moan about the board thread of which there are plenty already. 

Anyway they are communicating on this issue at least and if they'd done nothing for the occasion I'm certain they'd be lambasted for it all over here.  

Perhaps shows how many read the online programme but as nobody has mentioned it here is some communication from the CEO at least...

https://www.docdroid.net/ptvRWlh/ictfc-matchday-5-partick-thistle.pdf

Neither was mine but we have yet another example of a vulture looking for a preying opportunity. Perhaps Robbo has been able to make additions to the squad becos of more carefully considered financial availability. Again I actually feel that it is better for the CEO and the Board to be less of a frontal figure and leave the proof of the pudding to the playing aspects.

On 9/18/2018 at 12:07 PM, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

Neither was mine but we have yet another example of a vulture looking for a preying opportunity. Perhaps Robbo has been able to make additions to the squad becos of more carefully considered financial availability. Again I actually feel that it is better for the CEO and the Board to be less of a frontal figure and leave the proof of the pudding to the playing aspects.

Agree totally with you on this IHE. Too many posters seem to have an agenda against the current board. This seems to be that they want the board to communicate on everything and anything even when it isn't required and would add nothing in terms of moving the club forward

• Agree 5
  • Facepalm 1