Media Coverage

ff
AUDIO COVERAGE
LIVE TEXT (ONLINE)
VIDEO
TEAM LINEUPS
TO FOLLOW

Tweets by @ICTFC

Not a bad game but both teams lacked a bit of quality and composure in from a of goal.

A point away against one of the best resoursed teams in the league, still full of Premiership players, to preserve our increasingly impressive unbeaten league record is a decent result.

Great vocal backing from the fans. Doubt County will make half that noise when they fail to fill the South Stand on their return visit to us.

excellant day brilliant banter in the singing section and a deserved point. Probs fair result but i thought we were the better side throughout. For all county's money and quality on the pitch they looked very ordinary and lacked any cohesion. Just missed that spark up top otherwise we would have won that. Big shout out to Liam Polworth, standout player on the pitch pulling all the strings. Also shout out for completely different angle to Ian Vigurs, who came on and worked so hard to take Liam out of the game. What a thug ?

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

Dominating first half performance.  Just needed some passes to drop.  Staggies came into it second half for me .  Thought Ridgers made some very good stops.  My wee boy got searched, but not me.  He’s 12. WTAF?  And yet still flares in the jail end.....  good noise today, drowned em out.  Happy with a point, let’s give them a proper welcome at TCS ?? 

• Like 1

Cracking support and entertaining match. Entertaining match, which you can't often say about a 0-0. But, No need for the song about V****s kid. Immature and pathetic. 

Let's get County comments over and done with. I was suprised how poor they were. Static, stagnant and sterile midfield . We pulled a fast one getting 100k for Draper.  What a has been he is. Same as Billy Mckay tbh. Their experience probably helped, but they are an ageing team who play like old men. Big clearout needed for them I would say. 

V****s. Can't understand why clearly their best player was benched. When he came on he made a difference with his usual pinging the ball about. He also did his usual nasty trademark. Reminded me of his nailing Raven about 5 years ago in Dingwall. 

All in all, we have gained ground on them, probably about as much as they have lost ground on us. 

Catering - can't beat their haggis pies. Their catering is miles better than ours, food and price wise. We fail majorly at TCS regarding this 'match day experience'.  

Willie Collum - was decent enough. Kept the game flowing. But, he should have dished out more yellows than he did, to both teams. Was beginning to think he had forgotten to put his cards in his pocket. 

We are now a team and fight for each other, understand and link well. What a difference from September 2017!! Polly was my MotM for sure. Wish he had buried that chance in the first minute though. 

Whole team played well today tbh. Was surpised that no subs were used earlier. Doran was tiring, with Calder obvious choice to come on. Strange that did not happen. Austin injured? He seems out of sorts just now.

Great to keep a clean sheet, maintain unbeaten run and stay above RC. Damn that Ayr United for knocking us off top spot. 

Looking forward to QotS game. Will be another tough game though. But them and Morton at home following week. Looking for 6 points though. 

From the BBC match report:

Inverness Caledonian Thistle manager John Robertson: "I thought we totally dominated the match for an hour, created all the best chances in the first half, played some lovely football and cut through them for fun. We just couldn't get it past Foxy - I thought he had a terrific game.

"We played the better football, created better chances but just didn't take them. In the end it's a good point - it's away and it's a derby game but we would have liked to have won. But to come to a club that's spent double the budget we've spent and be the better side shows that we are going to be at the right end of the table."

As ever, good summary from Robbo. Very happy to be the better side, at less than half the cost. Moreover, a younger side with more to come as they mature together.

• Like 2
  • Agree 4

Impressive 1st half. Easily the better team. 

Cannot fathom why we didn't freshen things up with more/earlier substitutions when we inevitably tired in the 2nd.

Would have loved to see Daniel Mackay on earlier and Calder come on as well to stretch the game with their pace and energy.

• Agree 2

I agree with the comments above.

We bossed the first half, but didn't manage to take any chances,

Second more even, but County finished stronger.

Both teams will feel they could have won, so a draw probably fair.

Polworth was my man of the match. Welsh did a real shift in midfield and Ridgers kept everything out.

I agree, Calder for Doran after 75 would have made sense, but we never saw Calder warming up so perhaps not fully fit?

Ridgers was his reliable self.

The defence was solid in the main.

Chalmers and Welsh looking increasingly good as our holding players.

Polworth was the stand out, with Doran and Walsh both contributing. With more composure, Walsh could have won it for us in the second half.

White worked hard and was a menace,

A win would have been great but I'd have taken a draw before kick off, so reasonably happy and I enjoyed the game.

Of our former players, I had forgotten Cowie was playing until he was subbed, Draper did little and should have been booked first half. Mckay was well handled by big Coll despite the early. Galen get which left Coll limping. Vigurs addd quality when he came on, but injuring Polly was unforgivable.

The biggest surprise? Collum's performance! Very sensible refereeing keeping cards in his pocket as long as he could given how wet the pitch was. 

What's happened to Austin? Injured or out of favour?

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

• tm4tj unpinned this topic