Scotty

51 minutes ago, The Long Man said:

From the BBC match report:

Inverness Caledonian Thistle manager John Robertson: "I thought we totally dominated the match for an hour, created all the best chances in the first half, played some lovely football and cut through them for fun. We just couldn't get it past Foxy - I thought he had a terrific game.

"We played the better football, created better chances but just didn't take them. In the end it's a good point - it's away and it's a derby game but we would have liked to have won. But to come to a club that's spent double the budget we've spent and be the better side shows that we are going to be at the right end of the table."

As ever, good summary from Robbo. Very happy to be the better side, at less than half the cost. Moreover, a younger side with more to come as they mature together.

If you look at the picture attached to that report the journalist obviously doesn't realise Victoria park is in dingwall as she thought they were playing in Inverness.

• Funny 1

Based on taping Sportscene and watching it once home, I'm not impressed with the BBC reporter covering games in the Highlands this season. Minimal comments and does  not really give a flavour of how the games are going.

Edited by Robert

Just now, Robert said:

Based on taping Sportscene and watching it once home, I'm not impressed with the BBC reporter covering games in the Highlands this season. Minimal comments and does  not really give a flavour of how the games are going.

Shes had a few gaffes thats for sure! Apparently a shinty fan which might explain it 

27 minutes ago, old caley girl said:

Shes had a few gaffes thats for sure! Apparently a shinty fan which might explain it 

I was brought up playing shinty in the Fort William area and still keep an eye on the results for Fort William and Kilmallie and, dare I say it, Fort William's football scores. Anything better than 9-0 is currently a good result!

But if I was commenting on our games, I would want to know what I'm talking about.

I'm sure she will grow into the role.

Great highlights....RC only seemed to come into it right at the end... in my mind a moral victory for Caley if not an actual one!

Great atmosphere coming over the video.... perhaps we should just open the Main stand at Tulloch, to get that 'full house' look, and perhaps generate more noise?

Slightly gutted to see Ayr sneak above us..... let's hope I win the lottery this week so we can buy Shankland  in January!

Counting the days off now to my first trip up of the season next Saturday for Q0S

• Like 1

Interesting point.  I said the same thing this morning.  The seats being so close helps the atmosphere I think as you are right on top of the action.  If we could recreate yesterday in terms of noise every week, the team would surely benefit. Missing QOS as my brother getting married.  Very inconsiderate ......???

1 hour ago, Eagle4Caley said:

Great highlights....RC only seemed to come into it right at the end... in my mind a moral victory for Caley if not an actual one!

Great atmosphere coming over the video.... perhaps we should just open the Main stand at Tulloch, to get that 'full house' look, and perhaps generate more noise?

Slightly gutted to see Ayr sneak above us..... let's hope I win the lottery this week so we can buy Shankland  in January!

Counting the days off now to my first trip up of the season next Saturday for Q0S

Oops.  My response above....?

Both goalies were great!. They were mostly to blame for the lack of goals. :clapping: Great atmosphere and a very  entertaining  video.

Finding Joh Robertson's comments after the match was difficult for me  but I managed it. 

For those of us who are older, thought to be  decrepit and no longer "with it" as it were, posting comments like J R's on the actual match thread would be greatly appreciated. Why? because we oldies don't have a Twitter account ,  nor Facebook account and probably for the most party don't even have a  cell phone.

Just a polite request/plea for a more regular approach to disseminating the highlights and  post match comments etc. Thank you.

Otherwise, that was  a great game of football  and also the atmosphere was terrific. When the stadium is full like that it sure makes a difference doesn't it? 

Cheers, S.P.

1 hour ago, The Long Man said:

Without Fox that would have been a drubbing for the moneybaggers.. Mind you, Ridgers did his own heroics at the end there.

Not sure about a drubbing but Fox was in good form and saved County. Says something when the wealthy home team's 'keeper is man of the match.

6 hours ago, old caley girl said:

Agree! How good was Polly running things in the middle. His best position and yesterday proved it. Happy with a point and we remain unbeaten. 

Word of praise for Willie Collum who let the game flow and was restrained with the cards  Different class to Aitken last week. 

That was the best performance I have seen from Polworth and even when Vigers came on the only thing he could do was take him out!

• Agree 2

• tm4tj unpinned this topic