NoS Cup Final V County

MorayJaggie

2 minutes ago, MorayJaggie said:

The weather totally destroyed the game. Any ball more than 2 feet of the ground was going anywhere other than intended.

You are right there was the one that clattered of the third floor flat window ?

The game was totally destroyed by the wind, but county seemed to play it better in the second half against it. The segregation of the fans was laughable and unnecessary.  We weren't allowed to use the same catering or toilets! I have been watching football since the 70's in the Highlands and have never come across this before,  and the amount of police and stewards per head of supporter was way over the top. Not a great spectacle and I thought we might just get the draw at the end.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Jaggernaut said:

The game was totally destroyed by the wind, but county seemed to play it better in the second half against it. The segregation of the fans was laughable and unnecessary.  We weren't allowed to use the same catering or toilets! I have been watching football since the 70's in the Highlands and have never come across this before,  and the amount of police and stewards per head of supporter was way over the top. Not a great spectacle and I thought we might just get the draw at the end.

Yes it was strange especially since half the stand was Inverness fans in amongst the county support then the temporary fencing outside and inside separating all 200 fans if that. They even had a dog unit floating around outside way over the top. There was more cops there than at the TCS for ten times the amount of support.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DoofersDad said:

So who decided that this significant police and steward presence was required, what did it cost and who paid for it?  Sounds to me as though the Club needs an SLO to liaise with people and allow a bit of common sense to prevail. 

The dedicated email address is very well qualified to address these sort of issues.

• Funny 2

Just now, tm4tj said:

Crowd segregation aside, is it not a bit disconcerting that our team with five first team squad players were unable to sort out the Dingwall youth Academy?

I take your point. However it was an awful day. Gale force wind and driving rain which didnt help. Same for both teams and County defo coped better with conditions in the 2nd half until it was too late to take it to extra time 

29 minutes ago, tm4tj said:

Crowd segregation aside, is it not a bit disconcerting that our team with five first team squad players were unable to sort out the Dingwall youth Academy?

The county youth approach seemed to be if Austin or Calder got the ball then it was to hack them down and stop them running.

1 hour ago, tm4tj said:

Given it was our 18s and their 20s you would have hoped that the seniors would have helped us edge the game however i think bar mccart it proved why they aren't starters. 

• Agree 2

29 minutes ago, Sean93 said:

Given it was our 18s and their 20s you would have hoped that the seniors would have helped us edge the game however i think bar mccart it proved why they aren't starters. 

So maybe Robbo gets it correct in his first team  selections after all .

• Scotty unfeatured and unpinned this topic
4 hours ago, Glover said:

Both times ICT scored the RC players time waste - the goalie just chucking it towards the corner flag - moral victory for us.

They did that every time we got a free kick they constantly kicked the ball away. Ref saw it continually and did nothing. Yes hint of offside officials did not seem to know the rules of the game as there were plenty of times decisions given the wrong way.