ICTFC : SUPPORTER LIAISON OFFICER

CaleyD

1 minute ago, King Edward Ofere said:

I propose that we, the supporters, hold an election on this site to put forward a suitable candidate for the SLO. 

Your choice then would be a FT/PT appointee as with Dundee Utd (Moira Hughes), Falkirk (Connor Park), Morton (Graham Barr) , Partick (Beth Adamson) , Ross County (Kenny MacLennan).  Or the Dunfermline and QotS voluntary supporter model, shared amongst three and four supporters respectively.  Ayr and Alloa have no info.

6 minutes ago, Glover said:

Your choice then would be a FT/PT appointee as with Dundee Utd (Moira Hughes), Falkirk (Connor Park), Morton (Graham Barr) , Partick (Beth Adamson) , Ross County (Kenny MacLennan).  Or the Dunfermline and QotS voluntary supporter model, shared amongst three and four supporters respectively.  Ayr and Alloa have no info.

The voluntary model sounds better: probably best if our extra silver license cash isn't going towards a paid position.

2 minutes ago, King Edward Ofere said:

The voluntary model sounds better: probably best if our extra silver license cash isn't going towards a paid position.

Fair enough.  Queen of the South have Ross Corbett; Nathan Maxwell; Simon Clingan; Iain Wright.  Dunfermline have Andrew Main; Steven Walker; David Blackburn.  Queen of the South SLOs have pic profiles on the club website with club emails.  Dunfermline SLOs are reported to be from their supporters trust and one is the fan rep on their club board, but have generic email addresses.

46 minutes ago, caleydawson said:

Who was the previous SLO and how did they get the position and howcome they ain't it now? 

Kristine I think but it was literally in name only. We've never really had one. 

33 minutes ago, King Edward Ofere said:

I propose that we, the supporters, hold an election on this site to put forward a suitable candidate for the SLO. 

I thought you didn't care? ???

3 minutes ago, Fraz said:

Kristine I think but it was literally in name only. We've never really had one. 

I thought you didn't care? ???

I started caring after Scotty's non-patronising response.

Fair play to the club they should decide who fills this role it’s not for the likes of a caleyjagsforever to decide they only speak for their members not the entire ICT support

The club will no doubt offer candidates to apply that way they will get to approach a broader and wider fan base 

Dougal 

Edited by dougal
  • Confused 1

Other than one person suggesting that there is some kind of 'election' I don't think that there's any drive for the club not to be able to choose the individual. 

More the issue is that the club don't appear to want to have the SLO role given to anyone in particular but rather as an ethereal 'function'. Which personally sounds like they'll have a generic inbox that 'somebody' will deal with but nobody's really responsible with any real power or time to fulfil the role properly. 

It is as dougal says.  The role of SLO must be filled by a who,  it is not for the supporters trust to decide the who.  

"The job specification will be tailored to the requirements of the club and it is therefore senior management who will make the appointment.  The newly appointed SLO, while meeting the requirements of the club management, must be widely accepted by the fans, as it is they who the SLO will mainly represent" (Supporters Direct Scotland).  

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, dougal said:

Fair play to the club they should decide who fills this role it’s not for the likes of a caleyjagsforever to decide they only speak for their members not the entire ICT support

The club will no doubt offer candidates to apply that way they will get to approach a broader and wider fan base 

Dougal 

Did you actually read the statement 

Surely given our current and on-going financial situation we have to try and gain the silver medal with the minimal of expense. A lot of the suggestions being made will cost and that would undoubtedly impinge on the "more important" squad retention issue. Am I the only one getting cheesed off with the focus on internal politics and not on the long unbeaten run and the improved performances on the park. As ICT Chris alluded to who gives a feck about most of the whinges as long as we are progressing on the pitch.

11 hours ago, old caley girl said:

Did you actually read the statement 

Yes I did thanks 

Another way of looking at this latest blip is that the supporters trust who don’t represent the whole ICT support I would like to reiterate wanted one of their own to fill the position but have thrown the toys out of the pram when the club haven’t offered them such role 

Dougal

• Facepalm 3

38 minutes ago, dougal said:

Yes I did thanks 

Another way of looking at this latest blip is that the supporters trust who don’t represent the whole ICT support I would like to reiterate wanted one of their own to fill the position but have thrown the toys out of the pram when the club haven’t offered them such role 

Dougal

That's baseless.  Don and Jen, on a Saturday, attended the Supporters Summit in Motherwell, leaving very early and arriving late back.  They obtained and passed on an SLO handbook to the club which has all the proper guidance backed by UEFA and SFA, which states clearly and unequivocally that it is for, in ICT's case,  Yvonne / Graeme to appoint someone suitable.  

In fact, my quote above, which you green dotted, is from the SLO handbook and is in what they passed to Yvonne.  To cast aspersions on ulterior motives amongst the trust board, you have to have some evidence (rationally), which you don't.   In fact, the supporters trust have went to some length (Motherwell) to ensure it is done by the book (literally and figuratively). 

The only issue here is to choose between an SLO that is a position, someone you could yourself speak to at a home/away match (you could pass on your conspiracy theories on ICT ST and their scooby-doo like plans) or an info@ email that may or may not be forwarded on to the correct person by another person.  That's why Partick have a FT SLO, and why Ross County have Kenny MacLennan with Twitter, etc etc. etc.  

Feels like Downton Abbey with Carson chiding the staff.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Sounds like the wonderful sounding Direct Democracy, we will have a meeting, you can have your say, then we will ignore you and do what we want.

Example: My neighbours and I went to a meeting prior to the National Park being formed, we were told we were getting a National Park though no one locally had asked for one but we were to have input regarding the name which was proposed as Cairngorms National Park. We pointed out that this was grammatically incorrect as there is only one Cairngorm mountain so it should be singular or Grampians if they wished to use the plural. You know the rest, I laugh every time I see the carved granite sign, an edifice to ignorance or Westminster indifference don't know which.

PS non political I don't vote

Edited by wynthank15
not intended to make a party political point

2 hours ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

Just to advise people that the club have approached Dougal and I to co-work a SLO project - Could be the best thing since Saint and Greavsie.

Or Fred and Rose 

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

UPDATE : ICTFC SLO

The ICT Supporters Trust met with the football club on Friday 28th September to discuss their recent communication in respect of the Supporter Liaison Officer function at Inverness Caledonian Thistle FC.

The Supporters Trust made known their concerns that the club had chosen not to appoint a named person; opting instead for an email address as the sole point of contact for fans wishing to contact the club in respect of matters which fall within the remit of the SLO.

We were informed that the club had already submitted details of the newly implemented SLO operations to the SFA (this had to be with them by 19th September) and was not in a position to change anything at this time.  A decision will be made by the SFA on whether the procedures put in place are sufficient to achieve the Silver Club Licensing level later in October.

The club intends to review the process on an ongoing basis.  This was intimated to be at least every 3 months and in order to better establish the view of the fans on the SLO function, the club is to hold an open meeting in the near future.

Three people have already been in touch with the club and put themselves forward to assist with delivering the SLO role.  Anyone else who would like to offer any assistance can get in touch by email on slo@ictfc.co.uk

The ICT Supporters Trust remains concerned that the current process is impersonal and not in keeping with the spirit of the Supporters Liaison Officer role; however, we welcome the clubs commitment to review the situation and make improvements where needed in due course.

Best Regards
ICT SUPPORTERS TRUST BOARD

Edited by CaleyD
Sorted Date

• Scotty unfeatured and unpinned this topic