Queen of the South - 29th September

Same starting line up as last Saturday. Which if I remember was same as previous week.

2-1 to us. But another tight and edgy 90 minutes. 

Ayr still top and us still 2nd. 

This will be the 4th league game in a row with same starting 11  for game v Queens.

Same line up for previous 3 games which we have won 2 drawn 1 , scored 6 goals and only conceded 2 .

The change in formation to 4231 has worked as when we played 442 in the league in the first 3 games we won 1 drew 2 scored 3 conceded 2

Well done to the manager and players who are developing into a team capable of winning the title.

Think we have to stop our sniping and get behind this squad and management.

• Like 1

I recall having a get together in the Phoenix before a game and Vince Lombardi expounding - "All right Johndo, let me tell you what winning means? you're willing to go longer, work harder, give more than anyone else." DA Benton added ""Guts are a combination of confidence, courage, conviction, strength of character, stick-to-itiveness, pugnaciousness, backbone, and intestinal fortitude. They are mandatory for anyone who wants to get to and stay at the top", whilst good old Andrew Carnegie succinctly added "The first man gets the oyster, the second man gets the shell." Gawd did we all laff.

See the source image

I think we will get a similar 3 1 win same as last time queens were up. We have improved since we last played them at TCS. They only have one threat in Dobbie. Our defence can easily handle him and leaving Polly I'm his preferred position behind the strikers we should dominate midfield. Hopefully that'll put us back on top by 5pm Saturday.

3 hours ago, MorayJaggie said:

I think we will get a similar 3 1 win same as last time queens were up. We have improved since we last played them at TCS. They only have one threat in Dobbie. Our defence can easily handle him and leaving Polly I'm his preferred position behind the strikers we should dominate midfield. Hopefully that'll put us back on top by 5pm Saturday.

While Dobbie is, of course, a prolific striker, it would be dangerous and naive to think that by neutralising him we would snuff out Queen's goal threat. Todd and Harkins are both considerable threats as well.

Edited by Kingsmills

2 hours ago, Kingsmills said:

While Dobbie is, of course, a prolific striker, it would be dangerous and naive to think that by neutralising him we would snuff out Queen's goal threat. Todd and Harkins are both considerable threats as well.

Todd and Harkins have only 6 goals between them in all competitions this season and only one each in the championship compare that to Dobbie 21 in all comps and 9 in the championship then neutralise Dobbie and their attacking threat is gone. 

20 hours ago, MorayJaggie said:

I saw Dobbie play for Palace in our first game back in the EPL in 2013...he was as slow as anything then, but has a decent footballing brain and obviously a decent shot on him, just needs someone to keep a tight rein on him. I'm up for this and looking forward to seeing some of the new guys in action