League cup semi finals

MorayJaggie

The over riding problem with the SFA and spfl is the lack of factual communications they have been putting out. Several have been found to be blatant lies if they had been truthful in their initial communications this could have been resolved more quickly and without the circus attached.

15 hours ago, Glover said:

Don't the SFA have Alan McRae and Ian Maxwell on Hampden Park Ltd board as well as having share and voting rights?  I'm not certain on this by any means but SFA and HPLtd are not distinct.  

You're right....I hadn't realised that.  Only a couple in a board of many, but interesting all the same.

I hear Mr Rodgers is bemoaning the fact his team has to go to Edinburgh for their semi-final. Such a long way to travel for them, bless. Because he's never been to Murrayfield in his life before does this mean his precious side should play all their Euro games in Glasgow or any other ground that he has been to? 

Not so long ago when Hampden was being used for the Commonwealth Games didn't Celtic play some of their Semi-Final (and final?) games at home?

Quote (BBC) "

"It just feels as if it's assumed that Celtic and Hearts should go to Murrayfield. And if we're talking about a neutral venue then it's certainly not neutral with Hearts having played part of their season there last year.

"I've never been to Murrayfield in my life. I would hope that we would at least have the possibility to train there at some point before we would play a semi-final there."

2 hours ago, Gringo said:

I hear Mr Rodgers is bemoaning the fact his team has to go to Edinburgh for their semi-final. Such a long way to travel for them, bless. Because he's never been to Murrayfield in his life before does this mean his precious side should play all their Euro games in Glasgow or any other ground that he has been to? 

Not so long ago when Hampden was being used for the Commonwealth Games didn't Celtic play some of their Semi-Final (and final?) games at home?

Quote (BBC) "

"It just feels as if it's assumed that Celtic and Hearts should go to Murrayfield. And if we're talking about a neutral venue then it's certainly not neutral with Hearts having played part of their season there last year.

"I've never been to Murrayfield in my life. I would hope that we would at least have the possibility to train there at some point before we would play a semi-final there."

I saw him saying that on TV and he actually kept a straight face.  But the text could have been taken from a satirical comedy sketch such is the absurdity of what he is saying.  He complains about Murrayfield not being a neutral venue when playing against an Edinburgh side yet he seems oblivious to the lack of neutrality when everyone else is expected to travel to Glasgow to play Celtic.  Maybe they should play the Celtic Hearts game at midday in Aberdeen?  Would that suit him better?  After all, whilst it might be a tad inconvenient, at least it would be a neutral venue and therefore fairer than expecting Aberdeen to do the opposite journey to play The Rangers in a non neutral venue.

• Agree 3

43 minutes ago, MorayJaggie said:

He didn't moan about it when the games were at hampden

He was asking for a ballot as the fairest way of deciding who plays where. Instead, there was another random, unexplained decision with no reasoning given. 

Every supporter should be aghast at the calamities regularly inflicted on the game by the authorities.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, dougiedanger said:

He was asking for a ballot as the fairest way of deciding who plays where. Instead, there was another random, unexplained decision with no reasoning given. 

Every supporter should be aghast at the calamities regularly inflicted on the game by the authorities.

This actually makes sense though as you have aberdeen supporters from the north using the transport system via A90 A9 and rail system via Perth and Dundee to get to Glasgow and Celtic fans using the road system across to Edinburgh and rail system via Glasgow central and queen street via falkirk and shotts to get to Edinburgh minimising congestion on any route. If you had Rangers and Aberdeen in Edinburgh then you've got three sets of fans using the same travel hubs.  

Edited by MorayJaggie
Spelling

All totally unavoidable and unnecessary.  Had SPFL went to clubs and their fans with the tentative (imposed) plan for same day Hampden they could have went back to Hampden/SFA and said if you hold us to this you will need to respond/be accountable to what will be massive opposition and anger from Aberdeen, Hearts their fans and the Police Federation all for putting profit over sense.

SFA and Hampden have been very quiet on all this.