Scotty

6 minutes ago, IBM said:

I think White is useless and would rather see Mackay get a start.

I had thought he was starting to show promise but today he was utter pump, I'd far rather see Austin start as sole striker with Daniel coming on a lot sooner than he seems to 

• Agree 1

Robbo's quote from the BBC

Inverness Caledonian Thistle manager John Robertson: "We definitely wanted to win it but Queen of the South came out with a really rigid formation for us to play through - we couldn't do it.

"We're seven games undefeated this season and we want to win our home games. We need to be better than that if we want to challenge for the title and the top places."

He is right with the last sentence! 

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, IBM said:

Robbo's quote from the BBC

Inverness Caledonian Thistle manager John Robertson: "We definitely wanted to win it but Queen of the South came out with a really rigid formation for us to play through - we couldn't do it.

"We're seven games undefeated this season and we want to win our home games. We need to be better than that if we want to challenge for the title and the top places."

He is right with the last sentence! 

One home win from four is not good enough. We seem better playing away and counter attacking quicker. We need to find a solution to our home form or we will struggle to get into the play offs.

Thank goodness we are hard to beat or this could be a much worse position.

The next two games will be interesting. Morton and Dundee United will be smarting after humiliating home defeats. Will that motivate them, or can we add to their woes?

We must be offensive and aggressive in both and chase two wins. 

Tannadice  last season season when we battered them 2-0 was my top memory of last season so more of the same please.

But, undefeated in the league since March, so hopefully we can kick on now!

Edited by Robert

2 hours ago, Caman said:

Going for a urination was highlight of first half for me. Getting my Bovril was highlight of second half. Going to take it easy tonight aftsr all that excrement ?

Sorted it for you......

• Funny 1

Sorry, what exactly did people see from Austin today that showed he deserves a start next week? He offered very little after coming on and miscontrolled a number of passes and struggled to link with team mates.

Whilst that's perfectly understandable after a few weeks out I'm not convinced I saw anything today that deserves a starting spot. 

• Agree 1

Just now, RiG said:

Sorry, what exactly did people see from Austin today that showed he deserves a start next week? He offered very little after coming on and miscontrolled a number of passes and struggled to link with team mates.

Whilst that's perfectly understandable after a few weeks out I'm not convinced I saw anything today that deserves a starting spot. 

This!! 

I was beginning to think it was just me? I would like to see Calder given a chance. 

• Agree 2

Very disappointing performance in front of the back four.  We created little and and seemed to be very lacklustre. we only looked as though we might threaten when Calder came on. I’m really not sure what the lad has to do to get more game time.

I wasn’t at the County game but had been delighted to hear the good reports about Polworth’s performance. But where was he today?  He was almost anonymous.  

Happy for us to come away with a point we didn’t really deserve. 

• Agree 2

6 minutes ago, old caley girl said:

This!! 

I was beginning to think it was just me? I would like to see Calder given a chance. 

Calders not a striker. 

Given our distinct lack of options RE strikers, White is proving to be pretty static... Oakley is out for the foreseeable and Daniel is too young and unlikely to start or last 90 mins. So again it begs the question, if not Austin... Who do we use? 

• Agree 1

Just now, CableGuy said:

Calders not a striker. 

Given our distinct lack of options RE strikers, White is proving to be pretty static... Oakley is out for the foreseeable and Daniel is too young and unlikely to start or last 90 mins. So again it begs the question, if not Austin... Who do we use? 

I didnt say Calder was..He does have a bit of drive and pace. 

I didnt see anything to suggest Austin is the answer to our strinking problems today. Its all a bit worrying ....

Well that was hard going, and the weather didn't help. I think we could have played till midnight and not scored. We really do have problems in the striking department.  White doesn't seem able to jump to win a ball and his close control is non existent. We improved a little when Mackay and Austin came on but too little too late. The longer the game went on, the narrower we became. We need to stretch a rigid back four and that starts with wingers. Calder must deserve a chance to start and give us the width on the left, and the day Chalmers plays a forward pass can't come too soon. It's a point, but we need to get three at home.

• Agree 1

11 hours ago, CableGuy said:

Calders not a striker. 

I think OCG was suggesting that if we try to improve the supply to the strikers then perhaps they might score more goals. We didn't really create any chances of note yesterday compared to recent weeks and the introduction of Calder seemed to give us a bit more of a threat in the wide areas in the second half.

• Agree 2

10 hours ago, Jaggernaut said:

Well that was hard going, and the weather didn't help. I think we could have played till midnight and not scored. We really do have problems in the striking department.  White doesn't seem able to jump to win a ball and his close control is non existent. We improved a little when Mackay and Austin came on but too little too late. The longer the game went on, the narrower we became. We need to stretch a rigid back four and that starts with wingers. Calder must deserve a chance to start and give us the width on the left, and the day Chalmers plays a forward pass can't come too soon. It's a point, but we need to get three at home.

Felt like it was going on until midnight, god, it felt like it lasted forever.

• Agree 1

I must watch a different game with White getting all the blame lol , the reason we didn’t get the goals yesterday was that Queens sat in and cut of the runners from the three behind White not allowing them to  perform as well as they have done and hardly any chances were created.

White as a target man is decent and yesterday he still led the line well ,we have 3 good strikers unfortunately Oakley is injured and Young Daniel is there for backup . let’s be honest the team have done well over the season.

Maybe we need to go with 442 in next game with Austin and White up top but then I would start Calder and Walsh wide with Polwarth in centre mid , the big choice would then be one out of three for remaining central midfield slot in 

Welsh , Chalmers or Doran 

Who would be a Manager lol

Thats why we need to leave it to Robbo and IMO he has done not too bad this season in his management. 

Why don’t we try and see the positives and get behind the team at home like we do away , funny that we have won away at Falkirk Dunfermline and did well at County.You would think we were at a funeral at home so maybe us fans have to take a bit of the blame too and make some noise instead of coming on here and talking about being bored and nit  picking at players performance, we are playing in the Scottish Championship , not la liga or The Premier League in England , and we are the only unbeaten team in the league.

Onwards to next weeks game and let’s see what the managers team selection will be.

Edited by Gregor
  • Agree 3

13 minutes ago, IBM said:

There were few positives yesterday and I am sure they are struggling to get a few minutes of highlights. 

The only highlight I can remember was laughing at the sprinkler at HT blowing back into the main stand and giving everyone behind it a shower..... Apart from that, emm the drive home? 

• Funny 1

21 minutes ago, Gregor said:

Why don’t we try and see the positives and get behind the team at home like we do away , funny that we have won away at Falkirk Dunfermline and did well at County.You would think we were at a funeral at home so maybe us fans have to take a bit of the blame too and make some noise instead of coming on here and talking about being bored and nit  picking at players performance, we are playing in the Scottish Championship , not la liga or The Premier League in England , and we are the only unbeaten team in the league.

The first misplaced pass yesterday was met with a chorus of groans, whistles and boos. There wasn't a single effort to get behind the team at all yesterday from the home support. Granted there wasn't much to get excited about but away from home the supporters are lifting the players from kick off and it helps them a lot.

• Like 1
  • Agree 7

20 minutes ago, RiG said:

The first misplaced pass yesterday was met with a chorus of groans, whistles and boos. There wasn't a single effort to get behind the team at all yesterday from the home support. Granted there wasn't much to get excited about but away from home the supporters are lifting the players from kick off and it helps them a lot.

To be fair though, once we actually started looking like threatening and I use that term loosely, the crowd started to wake up and react. It was a horrid cold day and nobody can expect massive enthusiasm in that scenario, however all it would have taken, and generally takes is a decent bit of passing, movement and even a shot on target or an inkling that there may be a goal threat looming. I, along with most I feel could see this game for what it was going to be, within the first 5-10 minutes and you could sense the abject misery and disinterest kicking in then. All it would have taken was a spark of clever movement, a chink of quality or a shot at Martin and the support would have been knocked into life again. It was only when Calder and mckay came on that the volume rose and we actually made any noise.... It was that quiet at times I could clearly hear the away fans rattles at the other end of the main stand 

Jjust watching the Ryder Cup and what an advantage is the home crowd 

At all our away games especially County last week we didn’t wait for the players to inspire us but we got behind them from the start.

We are not alone in this as lots of home crowds are terrible but wouldn’t it be good if we reversed the trend and really got behind the team at home too.

just to keep spirits up We are still unbeaten in the league and other teams are seeing a point against us at home as a good result . 

Got a feeling this is going to be a good season.

2 hours ago, RiG said:

Absolutely. I understand the frustration from the fans and I share it but I've never understood what people hope to achieve by whining at and booing their own players. 

• Agree 3

3 hours ago, Gregor said:

Jjust watching the Ryder Cup and what an advantage is the home crowd 

At all our away games especially County last week we didn’t wait for the players to inspire us but we got behind them from the start.

We are not alone in this as lots of home crowds are terrible but wouldn’t it be good if we reversed the trend and really got behind the team at home too.

just to keep spirits up We are still unbeaten in the league and other teams are seeing a point against us at home as a good result . 

Got a feeling this is going to be a good season.

Been said a million times before, but it's a  fact.

Stadium set up is a lot to do with it. RC for all they are and are not, have it cracked. We don't.

We have a 'soulless 3/4 finished warehouse', they have a 'cosy bothy' which is right for them, and would be for us. 

Bulldozers required, but won't ever happen. 

• tm4tj unpinned this topic