Scotty

3 minutes ago, Caman said:

Stadium set up is a lot to do with it. RC for all they are and are not, have it cracked. We don't.

We have a 'soulless 3/4 finished warehouse', they have a 'cosy bothy' which is right for them, and would be for us. 

To be fair that did them no favours last weekend. Barely heard a peep from their fans during the game. Home supports are simply quieter in general compared to away fans.

• Agree 3

7 games in and in a healthy position.......BUT the home crowd expects easy wins every match......this is not realistic even with actual Support  and Realism..................our aim surely is to be close to the top come 28th February 2019 ready for a good finish. Patience is a virtue providing things are ticking over. Is it too much to ask everyone to get behind the team next Saturday in yet another difficult game? Or will we assume that we have an easy win after Ayr beat them 5-1? Next week's game will be difficult - let us support all the players, and management.

• Agree 6

Well, a bit of a long day for me. up at 5am for the long hike up and back down South again at 1am in the morning. Arguably the game didn't justify the effort, but any opportunity to see Caley live, is one I enjoy! The weather made the whole game a bit of a lottery, and I don't think some of the people around me appreciated that! But other than the free kick we kept Dobbie quiet and hence ensured the clean sheet. At the other end though we didn't really threaten, although we dominated the game for much of the first half. Second half QoS came into it more, maybe the wind was in their favour, but we eventually got more control.

Of the new guys Welsh impressed me a fair bit, and Walsh looks like a more consistent version of Mulraney. Watching Rooney, the word that comes to mind is 'solid' ....not necessarily in a good way! He seems dangerous rampaging forward in a straight line, but anything that involves a change in direction, or quick reactions seems beyond him, and watching him try to shimmy past a defender, well his brain might be telling him he can do it, but his talent doesn't extend that far! Not convinced he is an upgrade on Seedorf or better long term propect, but hey we got a clean sheet against Ayr and he's scored two goals so what do I know. The rest of the defence did a fine job with what they were facing. First time I've seen White, and he looks OK as a target man, winning the ball and laying it off a few times, but doesn't look like the man to score many goals, not without a second foward next to him. The last time I saw Austin was in the late season game against Dunfermline, when he was brilliant, then got injured and we lost our momentum....so it was good to see him back, and he had a few moments that were encouraging, along with Mackay and Calder, which was good to see, as it feels like there were options on the bench.

Doran was possibly a contender for MoTM for us, much of the good stuff came from him, and to think of all those months when he was never fit, it's great to see. Polly was busy but quiet at the same time, whereas Chalmers looked like he is a decent footballer, but his touch was off....to progress this season we need to move away from two deep lying midfielders to one with  the other much closer to the front man. Which brings me to Angus Beith...what the hell has happened to this guy? No appearances, no subs bench, is he injured or what? I was hoping he was the new messiah to replace Vigurs.

So not quite firing on all cylinders, not a match to linger long in the memory, but at this early stage of the season we are well in contention, so still happy.

• Agree 4

That was grim.

Midfield anonymous until Calder came on. 

What does he have to do to get a start?

Likewise Daniel Mackay, who immediately got stuck in and at least caused a bit of threat.

Not convinced with our other striking options.  One up front doesn't work when the midfielders keep turning back towards their own half, and there is nothing to suggest that White and Austin might form an effective partnership. 

Honourable mentions to Donaldson, captain in waiting, Ridgers, for the save at the end, and Charlie Trafford, who showed more finesse flicking a ball up during the half time warm up, than  the entire team did in the first half. 

• Agree 4

2 minutes ago, NorthStandNoob said:

That was grim.

Midfield anonymous until Calder came on. 

What does he have to do to get a start?

Likewise Daniel Mackay, who immediately got stuck in and at least caused a bit of threat.

Not convinced with our other striking options.  One up front doesn't work when the midfielders keep turning back towards their own half, and there is nothing to suggest that White and Austin might form an effective partnership. 

Honourable mentions to Donaldson, captain in waiting, Ridgers, for the save at the end, and Charlie Trafford, who showed more finesse flicking a ball up during the half time warm up, than  the entire team did in the first half. 

A bit harsh. Grim was getting pumped 5-1 at East End Park last season and vieing with Falkirk for second bottom spot for the first third of the season.

There remains much to be done, especially on the attacking front, but there has been encouraging progress and Robbo is doing a very decent job considering the very limited financial backing he gets from the board.

We need to be a little patient and tolerant of the odd bump in the road. Not exactly dynamic and vastly entertaining but still unbeaten in the league and potentially one win away from too spot.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Kingsmills said:

A bit harsh. Grim was getting pumped 5-1 at East End Park last season and vieing with Falkirk for second bottom spot for the first third of the season.

There remains much to be done, especially on the attacking front, but there has been encouraging progress and Robbo is doing a very decent job considering the very limited financial backing he gets from the board.

We need to be a little patient and tolerant of the odd bump in the road. Not exactly dynamic and vastly entertaining but still unbeaten in the league and potentially one win away from too spot.

The odd bump in the road!  On Saturday it was a huge pothole :sad:

I an hoping for a great improvement against Morton. 

• Agree 1

• tm4tj unpinned this topic