LADS 42 - Inverness Caledonian Thistle FC

BallisticSheriff

Apologies if this has already been mentioned but I haven't seen it. 

Some folks may have seen the Ladbrokes videos where they are visiting each Scottish Stadium. I noticed that they have visited County and Elgin City but seemed to have bypassed Caley. 

I messaged Ladbrokes asking what the craic is and they have said that filming Inverness Caley Thistle will take place in December and the video will be released sometime in January.

So something to watch out for, hopefully they can find something, ANYTHING good to talk about for our catering!

What videos are these?  Is there a link to them?

A bit tangential, but a massive threat to sponsorship of football in Scotland is the 2018 USA Supreme Court ruling to legalise gambling in the USA, with many states now moving to allow it.  This will have a knock on affect as advertising there will follow, now that it can't be charged with aiding or abetting a crime (i.e gambling).  Meanwhile, the ethics of gambling is having an effect with the English FA ceasing its links with Ladbrokes last year and FA Ireland to do so end of this year.  SFA has William Hill but that will probably go.  League football is bankrolled by betting companies and it's hard to see them follow suit.

The male football population has a 6.1% incidence of problem gamblers as opposed to 1.9% of the general male population (PPF, 2014).  That was four years ago, I imagine it hasn't improved much.  

• Confused 1

On 10/6/2018 at 3:37 AM, Glover said:

The male football population has a 6.1% incidence of problem gamblers as opposed to 1.9% of the general male population (PPF, 2014).  That was four years ago, I imagine it hasn't improved much.  

I'll bet that's not true!!

• Funny 1