Morton Tomorrow

tm4tj

59 minutes ago, caley100 said:

For sure, another 0  0  would be a poor result, think we should start Austin, think he carries more danger than White.  Hope to feck we get some goals.

don't care where the goals come from but we need some to keep in touch. Come on the Caley!!

• Agree 1

Yeh we must be sharper to change things when they're not working, same with Calder need to either get him on earlier or give him a start. It frustrates the hell out of me when I see our opposition make at least 2 changes before we even consider making one. Mackay is an impact player, but I'd prefer to see him start a game again and let him bang in a couple of goals and then take him off for white. 

• Agree 3

1 hour ago, MorayJaggie said:

Should we start taking McKay on sooner in the second half giving him maybe 30 plus minutes to influence a match rather then 10 15 minutes.

Brad McKay is a regular. Why would you want him benched?

Daniel Mackay on the other hand should start a game soon. 

1 hour ago, Kingsmills said:

I agree. My one criticism of Robbo is that he is too often too slow to change things when they are not working.

A few people have suggested this, and It has been the case often, but last week the first sub was something like 63 minutes. Half an hour to make an impact. If anything, he took the wrong player off although there were a few candidates for the hook.

27 minutes ago, tm4tj said:

A few people have suggested this, and It has been the case often, but last week the first sub was something like 63 minutes. Half an hour to make an impact. If anything, he took the wrong player off although there were a few candidates for the hook.

He may have taken the wrong player off but he certainly, on that occasion put the right player on. Calder was the best player on the pitch for the last third of the game.

16 hours ago, tm4tj said:

This game has really captured the imagination and people can't stop talking about it. Anyway, here's our preview.

I think folks are just struggling to get over last weekend's excitement. 

• Funny 1

6 hours ago, Kingsmills said:

He may have taken the wrong player off but he certainly, on that occasion put the right player on. Calder was the best player on the pitch for the last third of the game.

Calder never came on until 76 minutes, but I agree as he was today looking the most likely to unlock the defence.

The Morton defence just couldn't cope with Calder and Mackay. They looked comfortable when white was up front but when the changes were made they hardly got into our half. Their keeper was excellent but why did white constantly go to the front post when the crosses coming in were always going to the back?

1 hour ago, MorayJaggie said:

The Morton defence just couldn't cope with Calder and Mackay. They looked comfortable when white was up front but when the changes were made they hardly got into our half. Their keeper was excellent but why did white constantly go to the front post when the crosses coming in were always going to the back?

Or to put it another way, why did crosses constantly go to the back when White was always going to the front post?  Players putting in crosses need to look up and see where people are rather than simply hit and hope.

Edited by DoofersDad

1 hour ago, DoofersDad said:

Or to put it another way, why did crosses constantly go to the back when White was always going to the front post?  Players putting in crosses need top look up and see where people are rather than simply hit and hope.

Yes exactly either way there seems a lack of understanding of who should be where.